""necessary to destroy all the churches" in the region&#34

Guest Peeves

Guest Peeves

??? there are currently no churches in Saudi Arabia.

We go on concerned and rightly so about religion infringing in our politics while there religion IS their politics.

Meanwhile in the West, Saudi funded Mosques are going up quicker than Timmy's.

Oh sorry, he says he only meant in Kuwait...That's different...My Bad... B)

Grand Mufti calls for the demolition of all churches Peninsula

Tuesday, 13 March 2012, 15:14:31

In the statements of Sheikh Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah Al Al-Sheikh during a meeting with a delegation of young Islamic Heritage Revival Society of Kuwait yesterday, in response to a question on statements Kuwaiti Deputy for failing to build or demolish churches Kuwait, said he "must destroy all churches in the area, because the built in the original is not valid, in accordance with the Hadith, does not meet the two religions in the Arabian Peninsula "as he put it.

He stressed Sheikh Abdul Aziz, the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, and the President of the senior scientists and Chairman of the Standing Committee for Scientific Research and Issuing Fatwas, that Kuwait is part of the Arabian Peninsula and must destroy all the churches built on its land, because the approval of the churches, the adoption of a religion other than Islam, while Hadith is not to meet two religions in the Arabian Peninsula, asserting that "built originally not valid, and must be free from the Arabian Peninsula, all of this."

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ar&u=http://www.linga.org/international-news/MzYzMg%3D%3D&ei=XhBiT7qGI8SIrAeTsLirCA&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCUQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.linga.org/international-news/MzYzMg%253D%253D%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DMmY%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26prmd%3Dimvns

http://www.christianpost.com/news/saudis-top-religious-official-calls-for-destruction-of-all-churches-71506/

Saudi Arabia is a country that is officially 100 percent Muslim, and other religions are forbidden. Nevertheless, a small minority of Christians is known to worship there, unofficially. According to one 2008 estimate, there were 800,000 Catholics living in Saudi Arabia at the time. Although there are no official church buildings, Christians are allowed to worship at homes and some other designated buildings.

Saudi Christians often include foreign immigrants. Recently, a Christian watchdog organization informed The Christian Post that a group of Christians from Ethiopia had been imprisoned in the Saudi kingdom for holding a prayer meeting in a private apartment.

In Kuwait, however, there are church buildings.

What's your argument?

That Saudi Arabia totally suppresses religions other than Islam within its borders, but propagates the cancer death cult in the West. The tolerance does not go both ways.

That Saudi Arabia totally suppresses religions other than Islam within its borders, but propagates the cancer death cult in the West. The tolerance does not go both ways.

Is the argument that we should suppress religions in the West the way they suppress religion in Saudi Arabia?

Guest Peeves

Is the argument that we should suppress religions in the West the way they suppress religion in Saudi Arabia?

For god's sake :P :P I don't think anyone suggested anything of the kind, but hypocrisy was sort of evident to the open minded.

Besides,who needs any argument? Quid pro quo should reasonably apply to the reasonable unless of course you're out to expand your Wahhabi brand of draconian Islamic religion and forbid the existence of any other.

For god's sake :P :P I don't think anyone suggested anything of the kind, but hypocrisy was sort of evident to the open minded.

Besides,who needs any argument? Quid pro quo should reasonably apply to the reasonable unless of course you're out to expand your Wahhabi brand of draconian Islamic religion and forbid the existence of any other.

Normally I'd see your point, but they are destroying us from within and without. Frankly I'm stumped as to what to do.

Edited by jbg

Guest Peeves

Normally I'd see your point, but they are destroying us from within and without. Frankly I'm stumped as to what to do.

What to do is to monitor what goes on within any fundamentalist-criminal or political meeting place, religious edifice or otherwise. and to admit they are a threat rather than apologist reasoning and denial.

Apologists for radicals/fundamentalist murderous terrorists must consider us idiots 'trying so hard to convince us that what we see isn't really there." (N.P. letters.)

Whether it's a mosque, KKK meeting, Skin Head club house or any faction potentially dangerous, there should be an oversight by authorities.

I'm not advocating an in toto big bro. government, I am suggesting that today faced with terrorism and criminal gangs and the like, we must be more vigilant.

Obviously, with certainty... the average citizen will not face problems with such groups, but, there are subversive terrorist and criminal groups/gangs that need to be watched just as some nut cases have to be counted and if need be, dealt with before they attack.

Those within any community need to be cognizant of potential threats from within and of course from :P without. I would have every right and expectation that a Canadian in a religious venue that caught site of any potential threat would expose same.

Any that left Canada (or other free country)to visit known terrorist training countries, should be immediately put on a must watch list.

Any Canadian that leaves the country to fight with a terrorist org. should be treated as persona non grata on any attempt to return and tried for treason if they fought Canadian military or our allies.

The murderous crimes of jihad in France, killing Muslim and Jew, announced by the killer to achieve martyrdom and paradise show us what one terrorist radical can do on their own. The guy was 'known' to police and on the USA's no fly list. He had acquired numerous weapon's while his only income was social assistance from 'his country.'

Similarly Anders Behring Breivik the 32-year-old Norwegian man who killed at least 92 people, most of them children, in Europe’s worst terrorist attack in seven years,was charged with shooting dead 85 people.

I never expect to have any problem with these groups, but, I do realize they are 'out there' and can't be ignored.

http://balder.org/articles/hatespeech/James-Waite-Racist-Murder-Sweden.php

Edited by Peeves

I don't think we should allow foreign governments to build and prop up religious organizations in Canada. Particularly when those religious organizations are hard-line radical ones which have views hostile to our interests.

The verses in the Holy Quran forbid Muslims to insult anything that is viewed as a deity by any religion, regardless of whether it is a person, a stone, a stick or a tree. The verse 2:256 of the Quran says:

Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah hears and knows all things.

The verses in the Holy Quran forbid Muslims to insult anything that is viewed as a deity by any religion, regardless of whether it is a person, a stone, a stick or a tree. The verse 2:256 of the Quran says:

Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah hears and knows all things.

Does that verse apply to those who essentially reject Islam but believe in one of the other monotheistic faiths?

Guest Peeves

Oh my goodness. Your nose from my perspective should be growing like a cucumber. I'm sure you're correct, but there's sooo much contradiction...

"As early as this week, the British-based Christian Solidarity Worldwide reports, Iran may execute Pastor Yousef Nadarkhani for refusing to recant his Christian faith.

As my colleague Paul Marshall recently wrote, evangelical Pastor Nadarkhani was sentenced to death for apostasy because he converted to Christianity. He had been tried and found guilty a year ago, even though the court also found that he had never been a practicing Muslim as an adult. Nadarkhani, from Rasht, on the Caspian Sea, converted to Christianity as a teenager.

Iran’s Supreme Court, which upheld the verdict in June, ordered that the pastor be given four chances to renounce Christianity and accept Islam. Two hearings for this purpose took place yesterday and today. Two more are scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday."

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/278400/iran-execution-apostasy-seems-imminent-nina-shea

UND:

How about this: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/278400/iran-execution-apostasy-seems-imminent-nina-shea

So where is this snippet from Wiki in error?

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is an Islamic theocratic monarchy in which Islam is the official religion. Although no law requires citizens or passport holders to be Muslim, almost all citizens are Muslims. Non-islamic proselytism is illegal,[1] and conversion by Muslims to another religion (apostasy) carries the death penalty. As of 2010, there had been no confirmed reports of executions for apostasy for several years.[2] In February 2012, King Abdullah ordered [3]Hamza Kashgari to be arrested after three Twitter messages of his were interpreted as insults to Mohammad.[4]

Religious freedom is virtually non-existent. The Government does not provide legal recognition or protection for freedom of religion, and it is severely restricted in practice. As a matter of policy, the Government guarantees and protects the right to private worship for all, including non-Muslims who gather in homes for religious practice; however, this right is not always respected in practice and is not defined in law.[5] Moreover, the public practice of non-Muslim religions is prohibited.[2] The Saudi Mutaween (Arabic: مطوعين), or Committee for the Propagation of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice (i.e., the religious police) enforces the prohibition on the public practice of non-Muslim religions. Sharia Law applies to all people inside Saudi Arabia, regardless of religion.