Daylight savings time

For me this weekend is officialy the worst all year!

When the hour jumps ahead by that one hour I find it too hard to adjust.

Its tuff enough to get proper sleep,but to actually rob the working class of one hour is hard to justify!

I understand the purpose,but is the cost too high?

As a side note,the country of China never changes the hour and the entire country is under one time zone!

WWWTT

Its tuff enough to get proper sleep,but to actually rob the working class of one hour is hard to justify!

As a side note,the country of China never changes the hour and the entire country is under one time zone!

WWWTT

I think many people feel the way that you do. I wonder how the people of Saskatchewan deal with not changing. It can't be that much of a problem for them. Anyone on here from Sask.?

The changing back and forth thing is pure idiocy.

I agree!

I wouldn't shed a tear to see this policy go!

And to add a little salt to the wound,the hour change happens earlier now!!

WWWTT

I prefer DST to ST. The only change I'd make is to make the changes symmetrical to the equinoxes; in other words I'd move the clocks back the first Sunday after October 21 (so that the trick-or-treaters get darkness) and move the clocks forward the first Sunday after February 21.

WWWTT

Its one hour ffs, how soft are you?

Daylight savings saves energy and cuts accident rates across the board. Still sucks, though.

Plus...I like how through most of June and July it's light out until 9:30/10:00 PM...

That does not suck...

On the other hand,birds chirping at 4:30 AM because the first slivers of daylight are becoming obvious...

That definately sucks...

On the other hand,birds chirping at 4:30 AM because the first slivers of daylight are becoming obvious...

That definately sucks...

Would you rather it be 3:30 a.m.?

Daylight savings saves energy and cuts accident rates across the board. Still sucks, though.

I keep hearing this claim. I have never seen any data to support it. I think its BS.

It may have saved energy when it was implemented decades ago when lighting was a larger % of overall energy expenditures. Today that would be a completely negligible effect.

As for accidents, seriously? If anything, the fatigue caused by losing an hour of sleep and having to readjust would cause more.

I think many people feel the way that you do. I wonder how the people of Saskatchewan deal with not changing. It can't be that much of a problem for them. Anyone on here from Sask.?

Ya, I'm from Saskatchewan and we don't monkey with time around here, it screws up the milkcows. I'm not in favor of the change overall because now I can't get home from work in time to watch Judge Judy.

• 5 weeks later...

I prefer DST to ST. The only change I'd make is to make the changes symmetrical to the equinoxes; in other words I'd move the clocks back the first Sunday after October 21 (so that the trick-or-treaters get darkness) and move the clocks forward the first Sunday after February 21.

Why change at all? Just stay on DST all year long, like Saskatchewan

Why change at all? Just stay on DST all year long, like Saskatchewan

SK is on Standard all year. Adjoining states of the U.S. to the South are on Central Time, not Mountain Time. Right now SK has the same time as AB whereas during the winter it is on the same time as MB and ND.

SK is on Standard all year. Adjoining states of the U.S. to the South are on Central Time, not Mountain Time. Right now SK has the same time as AB whereas during the winter it is on the same time as MB and ND.

The fact is, in Regina at the equinox the sun rises at 7:00 A.M. and sets at 7:00 P.M.not 6:00 and 6:00, as would be expected on standard time.

The fact is, in Regina at the equinox the sun rises at 7:00 A.M. and sets at 7:00 P.M.not 6:00 and 6:00, as would be expected on standard time.

Interesting. So North Dakota is in the wrong time zone?

It all seems a little moot when you fish from dawn to dusk to dawn again.

If anything, there's never enough time in a day/night for fishing.

Except north of the Arctic Circle, a few days before and after June 21.