• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This smacks of Thomas Mulcair and his dirty tricks.. It will all come out in the was and Mulcair will need to atone.

I kinda doubt it was Mulcair. As far as I'm concerned it is/was a couple of rogue board members or volunteers.

The last time Maher lied, let me see hmmm not too long ago.

Maher reported that a no. of people were listed as donors to the Conservative riding ass. Laurier-Sainte-Marie in Montreal. He was wrong, they denied making these supposedly fictitious donations and cheques were produced. I don't remember seeing a front page apology although the paper did say "At no time did Postmedia News intend to suggest any impropriety on the part of Sen. Leo Housakos or any other party official involved in the fundraising.” Not much of an apology to those he smeared without verifying his facts first.

Much of their reporting is innuendo, supposition and omissions intended to to push his own bias. This makes everything else he's alleged and insinuated suspicious. (it was anyway but this confirms suspicions).

I kinda doubt it was Mulcair. As far as I'm concerned it is/was a couple of rogue board members or volunteers.

The last time Maher lied, let me see hmmm not too long ago.

What's maddening is that as you can see from this link, the "retraction" is made - and then they go on to re-publish the entire fraudulent article! The real story is about the similarities to Robocall - in this case after so much time has passed, people either forgot or they are so biased that they give faulty information. Maher went trolling for "customers" on a donation list. CBC and their compadres went trolling for fake phone calls a year later.

Link: http://www.canada.co...6637/story.html

Edited by Keepitsimple

What's maddening is that as you can see from this link, the "retraction" is made - and then they go on to re-publish the entire fraudulent article! The real story is about the similarities to Robocall - in this case after so much time has passed, people either forgot or they are so biased that they give faulty information. Maher went trolling for "customers" on a donation list. CBC and their compadres went trolling for fake phone calls a year later.

Link: http://www.canada.co...6637/story.html

Wow, it's Maher again, barely able to report that his original story was a lie.. Better to repeat the original fake story and keep it going wub.png

Isn't it quite apparent what this is about?

Same old fraud scam where a company or other large donor gets employees/associates to pretend the donation is from them.

Didn't Ford get caught on this?

It's also about tories here trying to distract people from the robocall fraud implicating Tory national HQ.

Isn't it quite apparent what this is about?

Same old fraud scam where a company or other large donor gets employees/associates to pretend the donation is from them.

Didn't Ford get caught on this?

It's also about tories here trying to distract people from the robocall fraud implicating Tory national HQ.

Hmmm no it isn't. Someone asked when did Maher not report the truth.

It's about Maher publishing a story without checking facts, there was no scam at all. He then repeats the lies even after the story is retracted.

In fact, they were attempting to dig up dirt from 2009 which had allready been audited and passed.

Edited by scribblet

Hmmm no it isn't. Someone asked when did Maher not report the truth.

It's about Maher publishing a story without checking facts, there was no scam at all. He then repeats the lies even after the story is retracted.

In fact, they were attempting to dig up dirt from 2009 which had allready been audited and passed.

Ya ... except that a lot of people didn't remember making those donations.

C'mon, we all know what these are about ...

Like Del Mastro: (Sorry ... it wasn't Ford.)

http://thecanadianpoliticalscene.blogspot.ca/2012/06/tory-defender-is-in-hot-water.html?m=1

... Three donors who spoke on the condition of anonymity said that Deltro reimbursed and gave a $50 bonus to anyone who donated $1,000 to Del Mastro’s campaign.

“It was put, ‘We need to find some people to make $1,000 donations,’” said one former Deltro employee.

Employees were asked to get family and friends on board. There is currently no evidence that Dean Del Mastro knew that this was happening.

“I believe that all of us were reimbursed in full by Deltro for the sum of $1,000 each, plus the $50 bonus each,” the declaration says.

“I also believe that none of us had any connection to the MP other than that his cousin, my employer, had asked me to obtain these various donations to MP’s election campaign.”

The former employee recognized 12 former Deltro employees in the Elections Canada's list of donors to the Del Mastro campaign.

Wrong, nothing to do with Del Mastro and later on they remembered making the donations,

http://www.canada.co...2976/story.html

He also lied about tralking to DeLorey: Https://twitter.com/FredDeLorey

It was a smear job based on anecdotal allegations and this reporter is in the same bottom league with Harper hating biased Michael Harris. If Maher had any credibility he just destroyed it with this one.

Edited by scribblet

Read the retraction - not the "story". ALL those people DID make donations - their personal cheques prove it. Maher was either very sloppy, vindictive and didn't care, or the people who "couldn't remember" are liars with motives......and that's where the real story is. This has nothing to do with Del Maestro. Lets deal with one story at a time.

Wrong, nothing to do with Del Mastro and later on they remembered making the donations,

http://www.canada.co...2976/story.html

He also lied about tralking to DeLorey: Https://twitter.com/FredDeLorey

It was a smear job based on anecdotal allegations and this reporter is in the same bottom league with Harper hating biased Michael Harris. If Maher had any credibility he just destroyed it with this one.

Ya they 'remembered' they did 'a favour' for 'a colleague' ... :rolleyes:.

• 1 year later...

since member 'Boges' raised concern over my sully of the "Conservatives Back on Top - Voters Starting to Pay Attention" thread... the excitement thread related to a single outlier poll, I've copied the 'concern post' relative to today's Elections Canada announcement into this related robocalls thread:

Did you read the news this morning. Robocalls probe finds “no reasonable grounds” for charges.

uhhh... see Guelph and the upcoming Sona trial. Care to offer your "reasonable grounds" assessment on whether anyone outside Guelph was aware the Conservative Party CIMS database was accessed in this regard... and by who? If you're going to suggest the CIMS db was not compromised in this regard, then where was the data sourced?

as for the rest of Canada (and the Elections Canada 'ruling' you speak of), apparently... "insufficient evidence... intent could not be established"! Of course, it begs the question as to the intent behind privately funded calls, purporting to be from Elections Canada, directing people to non-existent polling stations? Care to offer your "reasonable grounds" assessment on that related intent?

as announced by Yves Cote, the commissioner of Elections Canada:

"Ultimately, investigators have been able to determine that incorrect poll locations were provided to some electors, and that some nuisance calls occurred," the report into the calls said.

"However, the evidence does not establish that calls were made with the intention of preventing or attempting to prevent an elector from voting, or for the purpose of inducing an elector by some pretence or contrivance to vote or not vote, or to vote or not vote for a particular candidate."

"This proof of intent is necessary for the commissioner to consider recommending to the Director of Public Prosecutions that a prosecution under the Act be initiated," the report said.

oh wait! Isn't that the same Election's Canada Yves Cote who, just weeks ago in commenting on the Harper Conservative "Unfair Elections Act", called for his position to be able to hold the power to compel witnesses to provide testimony.

The chief elections investigator refused to discuss any specific cases, including the ongoing investigation into fraudulent robocalls in the 2011 election, but said unco-operative witnesses have been a real issue in his 20 months on the job.

"There have indeed been cases -- a number of them -- where in the performance of our investigative powers we have come across people who had information relevant to our investigations who simply refused to talk to us," said Cote.

but hey, no worries... Harper Conservative Minister of State for Democratic Reform, Pierre Poilievre is hot on the case... working with Bill C-23 to ensure Elections Canada is gutted and has no/additional power whatsoever!

Pretty straight forward and not surprising. Robocalls in Guelph was the issue and it is being aggressively pursued in court. The few scattered calls outside Guelph were just noise and nuisance, if not irrelevant - as concluded by the Commissioner who is no friend of the Conservatives. The entire Robocall fiasco was exacerbated by the opposition and others who, using internet form letters sent to Elections Canada - had boosted "complaints" to over 30,000 all across Canada. I must admit that the opposition made hay out of what really is a localized issue relating to 600 calls involving one or two mis-guided individuals who will now face the law for their actions.

We'll see how it all plays out but there appears to be one truism that is unfolding: the Conservative "scandals" and "attacks on democracy" as exemplified by the changes to the census, Nigel Wright, and Robocalls - are proving to be nowhere near as serious as the allegations. The sky is not falling and that Boy who cried Wolf is proving to be tiresome.

Pretty straight forward and not surprising.

of course... very straight forward when witnesses can simply refuse to cooperate and refuse to provide testimony to Elections Canada! As I said, the Harper Conservative Bill C-23 "Unfair Elections Act" intends to further erode and prevent Elections Canada from holding that power requirement to compel witnesses to provide testimony. Very straight forward, indeed!

Link for those who missed it:

Elections Canada has issued a report on its investigation into deceptive calls in the last election, concluding that “the evidence gathered in the investigation does not lend support to the existence of a conspiracy or conspiracies to interfere with the voting process.”

“Overall, no discernible pattern of misdirection, such as a single predominant calling number or constellation of predominant calling numbers, was noted,” the report states.

I can't wait to see what the next big lie the left dreams up will be.
Guelph? We knew all along that shenanigans went on there with at least two of the local clients (the LiberaIs there have already been fined for their Robocalls)
I strongly suspect that not a lot is going to come of the trial against Michael Sona though. Sona is pretty happy now that he has seen who is planning to testify:

Sona said Thursday that he has “ironclad, verifiable alibis” that will contradict Prescott’s evidence.

I wouldn’t want to be him once this comes to trial and he’s under oath,” Sona said. “You’d think these guys would have learned after the Aruba story not to make the same mistake twice.”

Link for those who missed it:

yes, for those who clearly missed it... or choose to purposely ignore it:

The chief elections investigator refused to discuss any specific cases, including the ongoing investigation into fraudulent robocalls in the 2011 election, but said unco-operative witnesses have been a real issue in his 20 months on the job.

"There have indeed been cases -- a number of them -- where in the performance of our investigative powers we have come across people who had information relevant to our investigations who simply refused to talk to us," said Cote.

The quiet you hear is the open mouthed disappointment of so many of the opposition after Elections Canada came out today and basically said there's really nothing much to it. They could only substantiate a few dozen cases where people got incorrect information, and there was no pattern to it, and no evidence this was deliberate.

Case closed.

So all those people screaming about how the Tories basically won illegally or that the election was illegitimate, well... not much to say now, I guess?

Not so fast guys. The reason why there are no charges is that NO ONE would talk and they can't be force to and that's why. The Tories never gave a 100% to helping and why would they, they be hurting themselves. This party is the most corrupt party, more than the PC and Liberals ever were!!