Justin Trudeau Remarks

Boges

It's a good thing that we have uberLiberalPartisans like Waldo here to defend Trudeau's flawed remarks.

oh snap! ... you of the uberWishyWashyWhatAmITodayPartisans... by the way, just where are you today? :lol:

as for 'defending' Justin Trudeau's remarks - if you call bringing an attention to accuracy on what he actually said, label me, 'defending', hey?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't take your ball and go home!

whether you want to call his subsequent explanation/clarification, 'cya'... he most certainly has never said, either initially or in subsequent follow-up that he desired, wanted or intended to, 'take his ball and go home'... he has most emphatically stated otherwise.

First off, Harper is a Majority Prime Minister with 40% support of Canadians.
Not nearly as impressive as Chretien getting a majority three times with 41%, 41% and 40%, But that was entirely different, oh yes, not the same at all.

Harper and whomever the NDP pick would do handsprings of glee if Justin Trudeau ever becamse Liberal Leader.

oh snap! ... you of the uberWishyWashyWhatAmITodayPartisans... by the way, just where are you today? :lol:

Yes, I understand how the concept of original thought and reasoned support might confuse you. It's okay though, someone has to support the Liberals of today.

as for 'defending' Justin Trudeau's remarks - if you call bringing an attention to accuracy on what he actually said, label me, 'defending', hey?

On Sunday, Trudeau, a Montreal MP, told his Radio-Canada host: "I always say, if at a certain point, I believe that Canada was really the Canada of Stephen Harper — that we were going against abortion, and we were going against gay marriage, and we were going backwards in 10,000 different ways — maybe I would think about making Quebec a country."

Read more: http://www.canada.com/news/Trudeau+remark+reveals+underlying+narcissism+analysts/6153694/story.html#ixzz1mT40aYFc

No excuse, and false information. Harper hasn't said anything about abortion or gay marriage in the last five years, if not longer. Even still, the idea that such discussions would be cause for Justin Trudeau and other Quebecers or Quebecois (or whoever he thinks should go with him to form this new country) to go off on their own is laughable.

Edited by Smallc

Prepare to be voted back in to government and fix the problems the CPCs have caused! Don't take your ball and go home!

If I didn't think young Trudeau is afflicted with a case of extreme stupidity, I'd be tempted to suppose his interview in Quebec had some kind of motive. Like raising his and the Liberal party profile within the province. Nothing wrong with that if it is done properly. But what he failed to anticipate is the firestorm his Quebec interview would unleash in the ROC. He obviously doesn't have one scintilla of his father's political acumen. To top it off, he just can't keep his emotions in check, sort of like his mother. Anyone who listened to yesterday's scrum with reporters was treated to a performance worthy of a drama actor.

Not exactly. What he has consistently said is that he has no intention of discussing either issue or reopening the debate and that neither is part of any legislation.

Which, as I'm sure you were implying, makes Justin Trudeau's comment look even more comical.

It's the emphasis on abortion and same-sex marriage that makes these remarks so idiotic. I wouldn't find them nearly as problematic if he'd been actually pointing to real things the Conservative government has done or will do. This makes him seem less astute than the average political blogger though.

Edited by Evening Star

It's the emphasis on abortion and same-sex marriage that makes these remarks so idiotic.

I agree...that, and the idea that Quebec should separate just because, in a theoretical world, the rest of the country doesn't agree with Trudeau's ideals....

Not nearly as impressive as Chretien getting a majority three times with 41%, 41% and 40%, But that was entirely different, oh yes, not the same at all.

I'll bite - since you appear wanting to belabor percentages. It's certainly not the same; the distinction being Chretien elections with 5 parties versus Harper's 4 party majority mix. Chretien won those percentages with 2 divided 'conservative' parties in each of the election mixes (respectively, Reform/PC, Reform/PC, Alliance/PC). The Harper 39% majority was a "united-right", against 3 other parties (the Green certainly aren't in the mix). Additionally, for what it's worth, previous MLW thread discussion has shown the analysis that indicated that ~10 (12?) of those Conservative seats were won by a collective margin of ~ 6200 votes (as I recall).

Edited by waldo

Yes, I understand how the concept of original thought and reasoned support might confuse you. It's okay though, someone has to support the Liberals of today.

you're on a roll! Nothing has been sweeter than watching you twist and turn your allegiance over the last years... a whole new non-ideological twist, one subject to 'flights of fancy', or the strongest winds!

I'll bite - since you appear wanting to belabor percentages. It's certainly not the same; the distinction being Chretien elections with 5 parties versus Harper's 4 party majority mix. Chretien won those percentages with 2 divided 'conservative' parties in each of the election mixes (respectively, Reform/PC, Reform/PC, Alliance/PC). The Harper 39% majority was a "united-right", against 3 other parties (the Green certainly aren't in the mix). Additionally, for what it's worth, previous MLW thread discussion has shown the analysis that indicated that ~10 (12?) of those Conservative seats were won by a collective margin of ~ 1200 votes (as I recall).

So perhaps Chretien wouldn't have won those majorities if the Right wasn't separated. He had a distinct advantage.

The Conservatives are the only true national party right now. West of Quebec they have a dramatic majority of seats. They even won seats in Toronto.

Edited by Boges

Well let's say he somehow ever does become leader of the party. These quotes will, no question, come back to haunt him.

Bob Rae isn't so sure.

"Quotes come and go," said his party leader Bob Rae on Tuesday.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/inside-politics-blog/2012/02/theres-something-about-justin.html

Yeah, right Bob. :rolleyes:

you're on a roll! Nothing has been sweeter than watching you twist and turn your allegiance over the last years

I actually have only changed my allegiance a couple of times. I simply will support whatever party I think makes the most sense on an important issue. Right now, and for the conceivable future, that's the Blue one. I can understand, again, how that would confuse you.