Another POP singers dies

Topaz

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whitney Houston has died at the age of 48. She had a amazing voice BEFORE getting into drugs, which probably killed her. If I'm not mistaken her ex-hubby, Bobby Brown, got her on them and then it was all down hill from there. http://ca.news.yahoo.com/whitney-houston-regal-superstar-records-movies-whose-career-010742070.html

Beautiful woman, beautiful voice, terrible waste.

There should be a special part of hell reserved for obnoxious assholes who get pretty young girls into drugs and destroy them.

There should be a special part of hell reserved for obnoxious assholes who get pretty young girls into drugs and destroy them.

She was 48, not a young girl anymore. Really she was old enough to make her own choices. She should have cleaned up long ago. It's still a shame.

Terrible waste? I agree.

"... obnoxious assholes who get pretty young girls into drugs and destroy them..."? I disagree.

Many people have survived far worse circumstances than Whitney Houston. Whitney Houston had an ideal start in life, and much natural talent.

----

I view life like a hand in bridge: we start with a card hand, and then we make a contract, and then we play the contract with the cards that life has dealt us.

Whitney Houston was dealt a wonderful hand. I have no sympathy for her death except as any anonymous death inspires sympathy.

Nevertheless, I think of the loss of her voice, and its unachieved potential. She changed a Dolly Parton song, and could have done more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpWvrrYe5QE&feature=related

Edited by August1991

Guest American Woman

Just "beautiful young girls?" Those getting anyone else into drugs and destroying them aren't as bad?

I have to say that I was really surprised when I saw the headlines about her death. I guess I didn't realize how bad her life had become. It is sad.

She was 48, not a young girl anymore. Really she was old enough to make her own choices. She should have cleaned up long ago. It's still a shame.

Sometimes,the choice is taken out of your hands, especially with an addiction. Some people can quit but there are those who can't and the monkey is always on their back. I think her supplier, which is report she was heavy into cocaine, should have the death penalty against them! Addiction also depends a person emotional and mental state and her mother did try to help her. So sad for her daughter and there's a movie she did last year coming out this year called Sparkle.

I have sympathy for her family and any friends and loved ones. I was never a fan, as an old rocker like myself would rather have sucked on the lit end of a road flare before listening to a Whitney Houston record.

Still, death is always a tragedy and an early one even more so.

It's always ridiculous to blame someone else for "getting them into drugs". People do what they want because it's what they want to do.

I agree.

And I doubt she was determinedly drug-free until led there by her ex-husband. She married who she wanted to marry and no doubt knew he was a druggie.

Just "beautiful young girls?" Those getting anyone else into drugs and destroying them aren't as bad?

I guess I'm just from that generation which feels men ought to be somewhat protective of women, not turn them into drug addicts and beat them up.

It's always ridiculous to blame someone else for "getting them into drugs". People do what they want because it's what they want to do.

No, not necessarily. With many people whose lives have failed, particularly women, you can trace it to the day they met another person, to the influence that other person had on them. If Houston had never met Brown she'd probably still be alive.

No, not necessarily. With many people whose lives have failed, particularly women, you can trace it to the day they met another person, to the influence that other person had on them. If Houston had never met Brown she'd probably still be alive.

No, that is just not true.

If Houston has never met Brown, she'd almost certainly still be an addict.

The way things were going, death was a pretty good career move.

She reminded me of Celine Dion: great voice, terrible material.

RIP.

No, that is just not true.The way things were going, death was a pretty good career move.

She reminded me of Celine Dion: great voice, terrible material.

RIP.

I could not stand her voice or music. That is still a horrible thing to write.

Sorry she left so soon. Sorry for the daughter left, her family,her fans.

Sorry she probably committed terminal addiction that pretty much equals suicide.

I read she was very unsteady and bemused a day earlier.

I hear her " I Will Always Love You", as I type. Unfortunately her personal 'Siren song', Sirenum scopuli, was one she could not resist.

I hear her " I Will Always Love You", as I type. Unfortunately her personal 'Siren song', Sirenum scopuli, was one she could not resist.

I hear Dolly Parton, not a screecher, when I hear "I Will Always Love You".

Frankly, I'm surprised she lived as long as she did, but man, she did have some pipes.
Good video - if you want to understand that she was a drug addict. (As they say, "Once a druggee, always a druggee.")
I guess I'm just from that generation which feels men ought to be somewhat protective of women, not turn them into drug addicts and beat them up.

WTF? Women are immune to addictions?

Argus, some women are as addictive as some men. Imagine that, Argus.

----

To be honest, I (naively) figured that Whitney Houston would get out of her addiction. She had the means/money, and the potential of her talent. I was truly waiting for the next album.

When it comes to addictions or bad choices in life, some people simply can't manage. And let this be a lesson to Leftists: money is not always the solution.

When Leftists argue that governments must spend more to help drug addicts, then those on the Right should point to Whitney Houston (and others) who died despite all their money, and efforts to make them change.

Sometimes more money makes life better. But too often - money aside - people simply make bad choices. Leftists should think about this.

Edited by August1991

Sorry, IMHO, Whitney has a far, far better version than Dolly Parton. In addition, the movie producers (ie Costner) were looking for a final song. They struggled until someone suggested this old Dolly Parton song.

It was genius to take a Dolly Parton song and give it to Whitney Houston. To Dolly's credit, she had no objection to its use.

Whitney Houston changed it. Edited by August1991