Iowa caucus prediction.

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since the Iowa Caucus is tomorrow I figured I will throw in my prediction for what percentage of the votes each candidate will receive.

Michele Bachmann - 6%

Newt Gingrich - 13%

Jon Huntsman - 2%

Ron Paul - 26%

Rick Perry - 12%

Mitt Romney - 24%

Rick Santorum - 17%

What percentage of the vote do you think each candidate will receive?

Good thing you don't have to be a resident of Iowa to take part in this poll.

No, it just wouldn't be right, as I can really vote in US elections and you can't. So this make believe vote prediction needs to be respected for what it is, a truly noble experience in American politics....from Canada.

Ron Paul is doing well so it is now an irrelevant caucus.

I was just watching a news clip on a major US news site, "Iowa full of wasteoids and meth addicts". I thought it a timely article intended to discredit the importance of the Iowa causcus, for some unknown reason... possibly because of the strength Ron Paul is now showing?

Naaa, couldn't be...

Edited by Manny

Ron Paul is doing well so it is now an irrelevant caucus.

You know what'll prove Iowa is irrelevant? If Rick Santorum wins or comes close.

How important is the Iowa caucus really? Important enough that Huntsman skipped campaigning there altogether to concentrate on New Hampshire. They only have a small number of delegates, and it's of symbolic importance, not numeric.

For Romney, Iowa doesn't matter that much because he's pretty strong everywhere, "red state" or "blue state". For somebody like Huntsman, Iowa doesn't matter at all because he will only show well in "blue states". For somebody like Rick Santorum, Rick Perry, and Michelle Bachmann, Iowa means everything, because it's going to signal to religious nut-case voters in upcoming caucuses which religious nut-case candidate is the one to get behind. Looks like Rick Santorum. Oh well. See ya, Michelle Bachmann and Rick Perry.

-k

It looks like this could go to a photo finish...

Rick

Santorum

23% 6,067 0

Mitt

Romney

23% 6,060 0

Ron

Paul

23% 6,018 0

Newt

Gingrich

13% 3,502 0

Rick

Perry

11% 2,733 0

Michele

Bachmann

6% 1,553 0

Jon

Huntsman

1% 165 0

-k

You know what'll prove Iowa is irrelevant? If Rick Santorum wins or comes close.

Iowa's already been proven irrelevant in the past. It's not going to take Rick Santorum. As I've already stated, Pat Robertson and Pat Buchanan both won Iowa in the past. Ronald Reagan lost Iowa in 1980 before going on to win the nomination and destroy Jimmy Carter.

Iowa's already been proven irrelevant in the past. It's not going to take Rick Santorum. As I've already stated, Pat Robertson and Pat Buchanan both won Iowa in the past. Ronald Reagan lost Iowa in 1980 before going on to win the nomination and destroy Jimmy Carter.

And Mike Huckabee won it in 2008. John McCain finished 4th, behind Huckabee, Romney, and Fred Thompson, the actor from Law and Order. So, plenty of reason to doubt how much Iowa matters, despite the video what's his name posted earlier.

(The best part of the video, of course, is Alex Jones bellowing "Seventeeeeen Seventy Six!!!!" like the fat, dumb, mentally impaired idiot he is. Reminded me of

for some reason.)

Looks like a virtual tie between Santorum and Romney, Paul a close third. I wouldn't be surprised if Bachmann and Huntsman dropped out tomorrow.

Huntsman won't. He's been busy campaigning in New Hampshire and is polling pretty strong there. He thinks that a strong showing in NH can put him on the map in this race, the same way Santorum's strong showing tonight did.

-k

And Mike Huckabee won it in 2008. John McCain finished 4th, behind Huckabee, Romney, and Fred Thompson, the actor from Law and Order. So, plenty of reason to doubt how much Iowa matters, despite the video what's his name posted earlier.

(The best part of the video, of course, is Alex Jones bellowing "Seventeeeeen Seventy Six!!!!" like the fat, dumb, mentally impaired idiot he is. Reminded me of

for some reason.)

Huntsman won't. He's been busy campaigning in New Hampshire and is polling pretty strong there. He thinks that a strong showing in NH can put him on the map in this race, the same way Santorum's strong showing tonight did.

-k

Huntsman's not polling that strong there. Only around 10%. Romney's polling at 40%.

How important is the Iowa caucus really? Important enough that Huntsman skipped campaigning there altogether to concentrate on New Hampshire. They only have a small number of delegates, and it's of symbolic importance, not numeric.

For Romney, Iowa doesn't matter that much because he's pretty strong everywhere, "red state" or "blue state". For somebody like Huntsman, Iowa doesn't matter at all because he will only show well in "blue states". For somebody like Rick Santorum, Rick Perry, and Michelle Bachmann, Iowa means everything, because it's going to signal to religious nut-case voters in upcoming caucuses which religious nut-case candidate is the one to get behind. Looks like Rick Santorum. Oh well. See ya, Michelle Bachmann and Rick Perry.

-k

that was an awesome post.