Your take home pay will be less in 2012. Thank the Harper Government.

Rick

I love watching the Right on this forum twist themselves to justify the profligate spending of this government and their increase in taxes to cover it.

Wasn't there new recently about staff cuts at the EI department and how they are now falling behind in their caseload?

As for CPP, I think it's obvious why that's costing more and will continue to cost more.

Wasn't there new recently about staff cuts at the EI department and how they are now falling behind in their caseload?

As for CPP, I think it's obvious why that's costing more and will continue to cost more.

Yes, the blame Harper crowd seems to have pretty narrow minded vision. It was Harper who gave them more $$ when he delivered on his promise to cut the GST. But they didn't thank him for that, they claimed higher taxes were appropriate there. Now the same crowd is complaining about higher taxes. This argument has no integrity, and is just another hate Harper thread. *yawn*

I used to think that as well until Martin started raiding the EI surplus to balance the budget. That's when it changed from an insurance premium to a tax.

Well, technically it's still an insurance premium. Although you're right, governments use it as a general fund.

I love watching the Right on this forum twist themselves to justify the profligate spending of this government and their increase in taxes to cover it.

Or how they vilify Dalton McGuinty for his health 'premium' claiming it to be a tax but when it comes to Harper raising EI premiums...suddenly premiums aren't considered to be taxes in their minds. :lol:

Or how they vilify Dalton McGuinty for his health 'premium' claiming it to be a tax but when it comes to Harper raising EI premiums...suddenly premiums aren't considered to be taxes in their minds. :lol:

The difference is harper knows what he is doing and will succeed, whre dalton is running around blind and no idea what to do.And of course harper spent some money, he fixed and is fixing the same problems chretien had and ignored. What did he do for 13 years.

The difference is harper knows what he is doing and will succeed, whre dalton is running around blind and no idea what to do.And of course harper spent some money, he fixed and is fixing the same problems chretien had and ignored. What did he do for 13 years.

Right. Blame the increase in EI and CPP premiums on the Liberals. It is just like a Conservative to shirk responsibility....

So they have.

Seems they must get the commissions approval before raising the premiums though. Also, it looks like the government should have listened to the Canadian Labour Congress.

Looks to me like they have the right to do what they want if they get Parliament's approval but in this case they didn't. While it may solve an immediate problem for a government, it loses credibility for a program when the public sees their so called "insurance premiums" disappearing into general revenue. The BC government has been taking a lot of flack lately for creaming off ICBC surpluses which just amounts to an additional tax on motorists.