The Defacto Official NFL Thead (was 'Tim Tebow WTH?')

Shwa

I've heared these McNabb rumours for the last 2 weeks...

I liked McNabb,but there's a reason Andy Ried and Washington gave up on him...Sadly,he's hit the wall,and he's done!The reall issue now is that Matt Forte seems to be seriously injured.Although he's faded a bit as of late,he still represented alot of the offensive production and is the lynchpin to everything else working even when Jay Cutler was healthy!

I thought Cutler was done in Denver too and he was revitalized as a Bear. Soldier Field can be transformative. That and McNabb is a Chicago boy. If McNabb is healthy, on a good day he is a better QB than Hanie IMO.

Hanie was realy disappointing yesterday.I figured he'd struggle on the road against Oakland,and he did...But he settled down in 2nd half last week and the Bear defence held them in the game.Yesterday was horrific...3 more picks,no running game,sub-50% completion ...And lose to the Chiefs (who are equally abyssmal to the Vikings) 10 -3...You can't win ike that..

Too much too soon I think and still rather young and green. When you have the Tribune wrecking the guy the next day, that green will spill over.

And that was because Caleb Hanie was awful. Rotten. Horrific and every other synonym for stunk you can think of.

Yikes!

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be something to see Brett Favre dressed in a Chicago uniform,go into Lambeau on the last day of the year,and,ruin the Packers potential perfect season...

It would be interesting, but it would never happen. That Packer LB crew will be on a tear and put a hurtin on that old man. McNabb would at least keep the Bears within 3 TDs.

If McNabb was worth anything anymore at least one team would have picked him up of Waivers.

Apparently his work ethic is shitteh and he's not in great shape. He's washed out in two markets already, No one will trust him anymore.

BTW the reason Cutler has been somewhat successful is that he has a decent defense. His stats aren't amazing. He had Brandon Marshall to throw to in Denver that's why he had some success there. But then he EMO'd his way out of Denver. He's a decent QB, not great but he acts like a petulant Baby.

I know Shwa would rather see any team but Detroit in the playoffs but it looks like The 6th WC is the Lion's to lose.

Edited by Boges

I know Shwa would rather see any team but Detroit in the playoffs but it looks like The 6th WC is the Lion's to lose.

Why do you say "Shwa would rarther see any team but Detroit?"

Do you have some evidence of some anti-Lion bias I am supposed to have and, if you do, could you link to it so I can clarify for you? Thanks!

Why do you say "Shwa would rarther see any team but Detroit?"

Do you have some evidence of some anti-Lion bias I am supposed to have and, if you do, could you link to it so I can clarify for you? Thanks!

I'm just assuming you have Dome issues with Shady being such a Lions fan.

Nothing to prove that though.

As a Packers fan I have no idea why you care, in any way, what the Bears do.

Tebow's QB rating was 150, Just want to point that out.

I prefer footballoutsiders metrics.

Tebow definitely improved this past week to #15 (and FO metrics even adjust for the Vikings poor pass defence).

I note that their comment on Tebow's first half matches my own point above:

A week after he ran 22 times against San Diego, Tebow only had three carries against the Vikings. As a passer, he went 4-of-6 for 29 yards, one first down, two sacks, and one lost fumble in the first half, for a league-worst -61 DYAR.

Now if only he could do this over the course of a whole game then I could understand your idolization of the kid:

In the second half, he went 6-of-9 for 173 yards, with every completion a first down (including two scores) for 129 DYAR, third-best in the NFL.

I'm just assuming you have Dome issues with Shady being such a Lions fan.

Nothing to prove that though.

As a Packers fan I have no idea why you care, in any way, what the Bears do.

Northern football son. Yeah, the Lions play under a dome, but if that is the worse thing about them, but they still have to play outdoors in the north too.

Well the Tebow bubble ain't popping today, as they go into OT with Chicago, win or lose. Quite a performance in the 4th quarter.

Maybe someone could chime in, why do you think Tebow does so average in the first 3 quarters of the games? There were dropped balls today, but I'm wondering if the coach is trying to shape Tebow into a Denver quarterback instead of working with the guys strengths. Any thoughts?

Well the Tebow bubble ain't popping today, as they go into OT with Chicago, win or lose. Quite a performance in the 4th quarter.

Maybe someone could chime in, why do you think Tebow does so average in the first 3 quarters of the ? There were dropped balls today, but I'm wondering if the coach is trying to shape Tebow into a Denver quarterback instead of working with the guys strengths. Any thoughts?

Didn't see the game but saw the highlights. A crap QB doesn't lead his team to a comeback like that. He seems to have the same MO every game. A crap first half and an awe inspiring second half.

This team is making the playoff. If they end up losing in the first round to, say the Steelers, you can still call this season a success for the Bronks and there's no way they can draft a reasonable successor now.

NHL is the majority in Canada not the NFL

And the combined populations of New York,Los Angeles,and,Chicago pretty much cover the population of Canada...

In other words,the NHL,like Canada's population,is relatively small...In the NHL's case,small time...

Now run along and go watch your winter filler sport...And CELEBRATE your celebacy!!!

Edited by Jack Weber

And the combined populations of New York,Los Angeles,and,Chicago pretty much cover the population of Canada...

In other words,the NHL,like Canada's population,is relatively small...In the NHL's case,small time...

Now run along and go watch your winter filler sport...And CELEBRATE your celebacy!!!

Phoenix metro, and Dallas fort worth, not to mention the rest of California.

Then why does ctv, the flagship of the bell media empire cover their games every weekend during the NFL season?

How would that make NFL the majority in Canada?

it just means Canadian tv stations plays NFL games ..it doesn't mean more Canadians watch NFL than NHL

I'm going to leave your lame ass NFL thread now

Edited by olp1fan

Good...

Enjoy the NWFSL (National Winter Filler Sport League)...And it's near meaningless status in the North American pecking order of sports...

one last comment

The "NWFSL" as you call it is the number 1 league in the world for the official winter time sport in Canada

so belittle it all you want but hockey is in our culture, football is not

have fun being in the minority

one last comment

The "NWFSL" as you call it is the number 1 league in the world for the official winter time sport in Canada

And enjoy something that outside of Canada,virtually no one cares about...

Winter Filler Sport crapola...

one last comment

That's right, ctv the big kahuna of Canadian tv covers NFL games for shits and giggles. I wouldn't be saying football isn't in our culture in Saskatchewan, it's comparable to hockey out there.

Hate to break it to you Canada is a country with only 35 million people. And hockey isn't as prestigious around the world as you want to believe.

I'm pretty sure the grey cup being around for almost a hundred years means nothing either...

Hockey is growing, but it's no football, NCAA basketball, or even baseball. The only league the NHL competes well against is the NBA.