The Defacto Official NFL Thead (was 'Tim Tebow WTH?')

Shwa

Mind you, it was against the terrible Vikings, but his stats were decent yesterday:

10/15, 66% for 202 yards including a 42 yarder. Seriously, his passing is improving. Over the past 5 games he is getting better.

And one would consider he'll continue to get better. Other than this week against the Bears he'll have some pretty soft defenses to warm up on.

He might see the Ravens or Steelers in the playoffs. :unsure:

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tebow So he had a slow first half. That's his MO in every game he's won this season.

Did you see the throws he made in the second half? For every TD he was responsible for, Christian Ponder took the ball right down the field and met the challenge.

In the second last drive Tebow threw an totally catchable TD Pass that was dropped. The drive ended with the tying FG. Then the Defense won the game with the late INT.

BTW for people who like to mock Tebow's stats.

10 TDs 1 INT. ;)

Nice way to avoid the point.

The point you were trying to make is that the Denver defence "looked really bad" until a late interception.

Well, in the first quarter they looked pretty good - a forced fumble (preventing at least a field goal) and an interception returned for a TD (also preventing at least a field goal) led to at least a 13 point swing (six points denied, 7 points gained).

By comparison, Tebow didn't help his team at all in the first half.

Nice way to avoid the point.

The point you were trying to make is that the Denver defence "looked really bad" until a late interception.

Well, in the first quarter they looked pretty good - a forced fumble (preventing at least a field goal) and an interception returned for a TD (also preventing at least a field goal) led to at least a 13 point swing (six points denied, 7 points gained).

By comparison, Tebow didn't help his team at all in the first half.

In wins against Tebow wins against Miami, San Diego, KC and the Jets the Defense held the opponent to under 20 points.

In a win against Oakland they kept the score to 24 but the Denver offense blitzed them on the ground (Tebow included).

Arguments could have been made that the Defense won those games especially in a KC win where Tebow went 2-8 for 68 yards.

In this game on the other hand the Vikings, even though they were without AP, scored over 30 points.

So I'll concede you should give the Defense credit for keeping Denver in the game in the first half.

You have to give Tebow credit for winning the game with his arm in the 4th quarter.

Edited by Boges

You have to give Tebow credit for winning the game with his arm in the 4th quarter.

I never made any counter claims about Tebow winning the game to begin with. I stated simple fact - they went 3 and out on the next possession and Tebow did not play well in the first half. Look at game drive by drive to see the truth of those statements.

The point is very clear and very simple: the Denver defence played reasonably well in the first quarter. In fact, that was probably the best quarter they did play.

As for Tebow: well, Mins pass defence is pretty weak so I'm not terribly surprised.

What surprises me is that Denver's OC knows that Mins pass defence is weaker than their run defence but they insisted on running so much. That is good in that they are playing to Tebow's strengths/weaknesses which will help him develop.

Playing the game that conservative worked for them in the end and I'm glad Denver moved away from the wacky high school stuff.

If Tebow can only get a gumby hair cut then maybe we will see the second coming of Randall Cunningham.

Edited by msj

Mind you, it was against the terrible Vikings, but his stats were decent yesterday:

10/15, 66% for 202 yards including a 42 yarder. Seriously, his passing is improving. Over the past 5 games he is getting better.

15 attempts tells me his OC is definately managing the game...It has to be said that his completions seem to be coming off broken plays where something ahs broken down in Denver's pass protection.I would say then that the Denver receivers are also playing heads up because they are the one's getting open for Tebow to pass to...

And The Vikes are abyssmal...

15 attempts tells me his OC is definately managing the game...It has to be said that his completions seem to be coming off broken plays where something ahs broken down in Denver's pass protection.I would say then that the Denver receivers are also playing heads up because they are the one's getting open for Tebow to pass to...

Tebow's QB rating was 150, Just want to point that out.

I'm sure you can decipher for all of us how they come to that "number",right???

No but a Simple Google Search can.

http://brucey.net/nflab/statistics/qb_rating.html

It is pretty complicated but it's got everything dealing with a QB's performance covered. Not just yards and scores which can be skewed.

Edited by Boges

No but a Simple Google Search can.

http://brucey.net/nflab/statistics/qb_rating.html

It is pretty complicated but it's got everything dealing with a QB's performance covered. Not just yards and scores which can be skewed.

It's overly complicated...

He attempted only 15 passes...Completed 10...204 yards over 4 quarters..

That gets it done against Minnesota's secondary,who could'nt cover a bed...However,his improvisational ability seems to be what's getting him his numbers,not necessarily being a pure passer..

It's overly complicated...

He attempted only 15 passes...Completed 10...204 yards over 4 quarters..

That gets it done against Minnesota's secondary,who could'nt cover a bed...However,his improvisational ability seems to be what's getting him his numbers,not necessarily being a pure passer..

ACTUALLY!!!

If you look it up they only gave up more points 3 times this season in Losses: to Green Bay Twice and Chicago once in all their 10 losses.

:P

ACTUALLY!!!

If you look it up they only gave up more points 3 times this season in Losses: to Green Bay Twice and Chicago once in all their 10 losses.

:P

And actually,the Vikes have been incredibly deficient all year at THE most important position on any football field...

Christian Ponder should get as much credit for Denver's win yesterday as Tim Tebow...

Edited by Jack Weber

Aren't the extremely high qb ratings these days due in part to more of the short passes qbs are doing these days?

I mean my hero favre had one of his best if not best year the year before his retirement.

If you've only thrown 15 passes and completed 10 of them for a little over 200 yards,you're not exactly pushing the envelope.You would be playing a short pass/ball control offence that would definately induce a high passer rating.As I said,alot of cred has to go to the Denver Receivers who obviously made alot of yards on their own and got open while Mr. Tebow was improvising...

And it helps that Christian Ponder could'nt throw it to the guys in the purple uniform when he had to!!

Well with a QB this green one would hope the OC is managing the game and the receivers are playing heads up. Still, he has decent numbers, I was surprised. And the stats show that he is improving every game.

Abyssmal, that's pretty bad right? :D

Bears are done...7-9...

Nah, 10-6; even with Hanie they can beat the Broncos, Seahawks and Vikings and stay within 4 TD's of the Packers. Who knows... maybe a little McNabb action coming Chicago's way? :o (I'd take him) Or maybe even... {gulp} Favre?

Well with a QB this green one would hope the OC is managing the game and the receivers are playing heads up. Still, he has decent numbers, I was surprised. And the stats show that he is improving every game.

Abyssmal, that's pretty bad right? :D

I'm not shocked he's improving...More playing time = more familiarity with the offence.But,I'll be interested how he does against Chicago's defence next weekend,because,as bad as the Bears are playing right now,it's not the defence's fault...They simply can't score at all because of injuries...Chicago's defence is pretty stout!

I expect Denver to win,but that'll because of the incompetence of Caleb Haney (or Donovan McNabb) and not because of the "brilliance" of Tim Tebow...

I'm not shocked he's improving...More playing time = more familiarity with the offence.But,I'll be interested how he does against Chicago's defence next weekend,because,as bad as the Bears are playing right now,it's not the defence's fault...They simply can't score at all because of injuries...Chicago's defence is pretty stout!

I expect Denver to win,but that'll because of the incompetence of Caleb Haney (or Donovan McNabb) and not because of the "brilliance" of Tim Tebow...

Nope. Bears win 16-10.

Nah, 10-6; even with Hanie they can beat the Broncos, Seahawks and Vikings and stay within 4 TD's of the Packers. Who knows... maybe a little McNabb action coming Chicago's way? :o (I'd take him) Or maybe even... {gulp} Favre?

I've heared these McNabb rumours for the last 2 weeks...

I liked McNabb,but there's a reason Andy Ried and Washington gave up on him...Sadly,he's hit the wall,and he's done!The reall issue now is that Matt Forte seems to be seriously injured.Although he's faded a bit as of late,he still represented alot of the offensive production and is the lynchpin to everything else working even when Jay Cutler was healthy!

Hanie was realy disappointing yesterday.I figured he'd struggle on the road against Oakland,and he did...But he settled down in 2nd half last week and the Bear defence held them in the game.Yesterday was horrific...3 more picks,no running game,sub-50% completion ...And lose to the Chiefs (who are equally abyssmal to the Vikings) 10 -3...You can't win ike that..

As much as I like favre, he's Done. I don't think his conditioning is even close to being there, and there was his final season debacle, not to mention I don't think favre could mesh with the bears. Also losing an elite guy like forte ruins things. The bears are better off prepping for next year.

Although if an act of god occurred and favre suited up, I'd have to start cheering for the bears.

As much as I like favre, he's Done. I don't think his conditioning is even close to being there, and there was his final season debacle, not to mention I don't think favre could mesh with the bears. Also losing an elite guy like forte ruins things. The bears are better off prepping for next year.

Although if an act of god occurred and favre suited up, I'd have to start cheering for the bears.

It would be something to see Brett Favre dressed in a Chicago uniform,go into Lambeau on the last day of the year,and,ruin the Packers potential perfect season...

It would be something to see Brett Favre dressed in a Chicago uniform,go into Lambeau on the last day of the year,and,ruin the Packers potential perfect season...

It would be a he'll of a shot to his former team who he has grounds for being upset with. Unfortunately for him, that Rodgers was a gem prospect that needed game time.

Favre already smoked green bay with his glory stint with the Vikings, but your right it would be more significant with the bears. He'd be pretty old if green bay decided to retire his number.

The Bears just lost their starting running back and are coming off back-to-back loses to the Raiders and the Chiefs.

The Defense might cause Tebow trouble but it's not like he'll have to score many points to win. Typer Palko only needed 10, 7 of which came off a Hail Mary.

Edited by Boges