Fordtopia: Year Two

Black Dog

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Argus ...

So you think misusing public funds and resources and influence peddling make a trustworthy elected representative?

I think all this indignation because he went to a football game instead of a boring and inconsequential meeting is hilarious, actually. laugh.png

Ahh ... So you don't care if politicians

- go to work like we pay them to?

- use city resources for personal purposes?

I don't care about petty stuff. I don't care if he cut a boring meeting to coach a football game.

The left is dying.... That "Rag" Toronto Sta with its shamefull writing about Rob Ford and personal attackes havent paid off for them now has it... Yup, no more Toronto Star in paper print... Cuz folks are sik of distatstefull writing.. The Left is kicking and screaming.... Dying slowly... And Rob Ford will have another term.. The LEft only get nasy and disrespectfull when cornered... Let the left crumble....

Cuz folks are sik of distatstefull writing.

Not at all. Mark Steyn has something of a following, even when he's guffawing about an Iraqi detainee lying on the floor with a banana stuck up his butt.

There's an audience for distasteful writing, and a large, mean sector of it has political sympathies somewhat aligned with your own, to be frank.

The Left is kicking and screaming.... Dying slowly...

A popular sentiment in 1989, I remember.

Edited by bleeding heart

The left is dying.... That "Rag" Toronto Sta with its shamefull writing about Rob Ford and personal attackes havent paid off for them now has it... Yup, no more Toronto Star in paper print... Cuz folks are sik of distatstefull writing.. The Left is kicking and screaming.... Dying slowly... And Rob Ford will have another term.. The LEft only get nasy and disrespectfull when cornered... Let the left crumble....

What are you smoking? The Star isn't going out of print. laugh.png

BTW, how is Sun TV doing? Still sucking hind tit?

Lucky Ford didn't need a ferry for his football team!

Thank heavens Mayor Rob Ford’s football team didn’t need a ferry.

Imagine the mayhem on Trillium in Toronto harbour...

(Horns. Sirens. Bells. Shouts.)

Captain: “Abandon ship! Man the lifeboats! Women and civil servants first! God be with you!”

Crewman: “Wha---!? The sky’s as blue as Councillor Perks’ face during a bike lane debate. Water’s calm. Did we hit an iceberg,cap’n? Are we holed?”

Captain: “Worse,son,much worse. (Pause). The Don Bosco Eagles are late for a picnic on the island!”

Crewman (paling): “Aye,aye,sir! Say no more. Alright,people,grab a life jacket. Over the side, the lot of you. Every man for himself.”

(Much yelling,weeping and splashing.)

A plaintive,muffled,shivering cry is heard: “B-b-b-but I have a monthly pass!”

Engines roaring,Trillium turns hard to starboard and steams full-speed for Etobicoke.

“Tell the boys we’re coming,” the captain radios.

"We'll pick up the sandwiches!"

:lol: :lol:

I think this whole TTC Bus Football team thing is evidence of the frothing hatred people have for Ford. He didn't call the bus, the cops did. It's the TTC's fault they took paying passengers off a bus to send it to pick up Ford's football team. The only thing one may kind of be critical of him on is the fact he called Andy Byford to see where the bus was once he was told it was coming.

But as soon as people heard they assumed Ford used his clout to get a TTC bus to come pick up his team.

I'm shocked I haven't heard people say that the reason the team got into the fight was because Ford is a shit disturber that caused it.

I think this whole TTC Bus Football team thing is evidence of the frothing hatred people have for Ford. He didn't call the bus, the cops did. It's the TTC's fault they took paying passengers off a bus to send it to pick up Ford's football team. The only thing one may kind of be critical of him on is the fact he called Andy Byford to see where the bus was once he was told it was coming.

But as soon as people heard they assumed Ford used his clout to get a TTC bus to come pick up his team.

I'm shocked I haven't heard people say that the reason the team got into the fight was because Ford is a shit disturber that caused it.

Even if he didn't have a hand in the fiasco (and his call to Byford suggests he knew the situation) the optics are bad for him, unless you think his presence played no part in the TPS's decision to call for shelter buses. It's naive to think it didn't though,.

He likely knew about it but all evidence shows that the Police made the call, not him.

Do you think he should have said to the Police. NO!!! the Toronto Star is going to get upset about this, we'll just wait for the Yellow bus.

I don't think there's any evidence to show he knew TTC riders got kicked off a bus to send it to pick up his team. The TTC and the police have to wear this, not him.

Edited by Boges

He likely knew about it but all evidence shows that the Police made the call, not him.

Sure. But I bet they wouldn't make that call if he's not standing there.

Do you think he should have said to the Police. NO!!! the Toronto Star is going to get upset about this, we'll just wait for the Yellow bus.

Yes. Is that so hard?

I don't think there's any evidence to show he knew TTC riders got kicked off a bus to send it to pick up his team. The TTC and the police have to wear this, not him.

Perhaps, but the point is, it's another bungle that could have easily been avoided if he just stuck to his knitting as mayor. He just doesn't learn or care to.

Hmmmm

http://www.thestar.c...-david-miller-s

Mayor Rob Ford has a better council attendance record than 21 current councillors and than former mayor David Miller did during the last two years of his tenure.

Ford, who drew widespread criticism for skipping more than two hours of last week's three-day meeting to coach high school football, has missed 494 of the 3,334 council votes since December 2010, an absenteeism percentage of 14.8 per cent. He has been absent less frequently than 21 councillors, more frequently than 23.

Councillor Ron Moeser (Ward 44, Scarborough East), who has had health problems related to a failed ankle replacement, has missed the most votes: 55.4 per cent. Councillor John Filion (Ward 23, Willowdale) has missed 33 per cent, Giorgio Mammoliti (Ward 7, York West) 26.9 per cent. In all, 12 councillors have missed more than 20 per cent.

Miller's attendance record cannot be perfectly compared with Ford's: until Ford's mayoralty, thousands of individual votes were not recorded in the official meeting minutes, and data for Miller only covers his final two years in office; the Ford data covers his first two.

This isn't about attendance.

It's about throwing his weight around as Mayor to get special personal favours.

The two "urgent" (ie, harassing) phone calls to the head of the TTC resulted in special treatment for the Mayor - two busloads of fare-paying riders were dumped in the rain so Ford's football players could be picked up a few minutes before their scheduled time.

I seem to remember an outcry because Mayor Ford skipped out on a council session to coach a football game.

He never called for the bus, the police did because there was a threat of a fight. He also never told the TTC to kick passengers off.

The TPS and TTC and TCSB have all put forward contradictory accounts of what happened, so it's hard to pin it down. But I feel pretty confident in saying that if Ford hadn't blown off council to coach football again, I doubt the TPS calls those buses.

The TPS and TTC and TCSB have all put forward contradictory accounts of what happened, so it's hard to pin it down. But I feel pretty confident in saying that if Ford hadn't blown off council to coach football again, I doubt the TPS calls those buses.

I believe the school administrator would have called for the bus to come earlier than the scheduled time, with police support.

I believe 20 min later Ford took it upon himself to harass the TTC head with two "urgent" phone calls, an urgency that went down the TTC chain of command and became two busloads of customers dumped off in the rain, fuming no doubt.

Meanwhile, it's questionable whether said buses arrived any earlier than the 4:30 scheduled one.

This has all the elements of a great cartoon slapstick. :lol: