Newt 2012

Guest Derek L

Politico: Mitt Romney: Newt Gingrich is a ‘failed leader,’ ‘disgrace’

Now THAT is some "fire in the belly". Rom is still the nom, but he'll have to battle with Newt a little more.

In the world-tilting scenario where Newt wins, we'll have a replay of Johnson/Goldwater 1964...

I don’t know that I’d go that far…….Perhaps Clinton/Dole……….

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Romney needs to up his game. Newt is actually starting to inspire and impress with his sound bites, while Mitt tends to be kind of boring. Talk is cheap, and Newt has a long way to go, but he is pretty sharp. Mitt? He doesn't come across that way.

I wrote this, and then just heard a description that better says it. Newt has conviction, while Romney has none, and that is really beginning to tell the tale.

Gingrich is simply carrying on in the Lee Atwater tradition...

Coded race based poltics that plays well in the South since the sweeping civil rights legislation in the early '60's...

Complete nonsense. Gingrich didn't use any so-called coded race words during the South Carolina campaign. The only coded race words reside in your head.

Complete nonsense. Gingrich didn't use any so-called coded race words during the South Carolina campaign. The only coded race words reside in your head.

The only "complete nonsense" here is a is an indirect partisan hack spouting his usual cluelessness because he cannot even understand the rudimentary nature of the so called "Southern Strategy" that Lee Atwater used and hardline conservative,the late Bob Novak,admitted was necessary for Republicans to get elected in large enough numbers to enact their idealogical agenda...

I'm surprised a yankee doodle wannabe Fox News headliner,such as yourself,did'nt understand that historical fact of the of the idealogical side of the aisle in the country you wish you were a citizen of...

But then again,you ARE The Professor...And we've noted your prowess in the realm of history many times before and,seeing as you won't have any real response to this,we will have to go through your "truthiness" yet again...

Methinks a touch of Southern Strategy Avoidance Syndrome???

Edited by Jack Weber

Here is a question. Do you even know what Lee Atwater said the coded race words are that Republicans have been using since Nixon to win the South? No? Yah thought so.

I don't think Newt can win the nomination. This is coming from Doug Weed who is an advisers for Ron Paul's campaign, he was saying that there are 564 delegates worth of states that Newt And Rick are not on the ballot for. That is a big number.

This is an interesting point. What are you saying specifically? That Newt is not on the ballot for all 564 ballots, or that Rick is not on for some ballots and Newt is not on for some ballots, and together they add up to 564?

Newt a racist? Are you guys serious, please present factual incidents.

This is an interesting point. What are you saying specifically? That Newt is not on the ballot for all 564 ballots, or that Rick is not on for some ballots and Newt is not on for some ballots, and together they add up to 564?

Newt a racist? Are you guys serious, please present factual incidents.

I don't know if he's a racist or not...

The issue is whether Gingrich,along with a whole host of other Republicans (and "Dixiecrats,I might add)have used code words to rile up the white populous in the South that has a history of voting along racial lines...

See the "Southern Strategy" and note Gingrich's modern take on it...

He's following the Lee Atwater plan to a T...

There's no doubt that it works in a place like South Carolina...

The only "complete nonsense" here is a is an indirect partisan hack spouting his usual cluelessness because he cannot even understand the rudimentary nature of the so called "Southern Strategy" that Lee Atwater used and hardline conservative,the late Bob Novak,admitted was necessary for Republicans to get elected in large enough numbers to enact their idealogical agenda...

I'm surprised a yankee doodle wannabe Fox News headliner,such as yourself,did'nt understand that historical fact of the of the idealogical side of the aisle in the country you wish you were a citizen of...

But then again,you ARE The Professor...And we've noted your prowess in the realm of history many times before and,seeing as you won't have any real response to this,we will have to go through your "truthiness" yet again...

Methinks a touch of Southern Strategy Avoidance Syndrome???

We don't need to delve deep into decades of history. Just provide me with an example of Newt Gingrich's so-called code words. You won't, because you can't. So instead, you bring up Lee Atwater, and the Southern Stragety, and Bob Novka, and everyother nonsensical strawman you can think of. I'm just suprised you didn't include the Koch brothers, like you do in every other one of your posts. :lol:

We don't need to delve deep into decades of history. Just provide me with an example of Newt Gingrich's so-called code words. You won't, because you can't. So instead, you bring up Lee Atwater, and the Southern Stragety, and Bob Novka, and everyother nonsensical strawman you can think of. I'm just suprised you didn't include the Koch brothers, like you do in every other one of your posts. :lol:

Cool!!!

Classic Professor!!!

Dismiss history...Check!

Demand examples...Even though examples are provided in the clip showing the comprehension skills we've all come to know and love...Check!

Southern "Stragety"...That's really far too easy so I'll let that one go...

Calling Bob Novak,the "Prince of Darkness" of American conservativism a "nonsensical strawman" to dismaiss the facts of what he said on the old Crossfire program on CNN to Paul Begala....Check!

End with the faux laughing emoticon to cover up the fact The Professor has no idea what he's talking about...Check!

What's the matter Prof???

No speacially designed "Complete nonsense" for me???

The quotes,if you took the time to read...

"neighbourhoods where they may not have that experience[of working]is code for inner city,which is code for urban"

"poor children having "no habit of showing up [for work]on Monday is code for shiftless,which is code for black"

Could you now please answer punk's relevent question about your knowledge of the words Lee Atwater suggested to Republican's and the ones he admitted have been used since Nixon won the White House in '68?

I'm sensing Southern Strategy Avoidance Syndrome....

"neighbourhoods where they may not have that experience[of working]is code for inner city,which is code for urban"

"poor children having "no habit of showing up [for work]on Monday is code for shiftless,which is code for black"

LOL!!! Those are your examples of so-called code words? :lol:

No, they're nothing at all resembling anything coded. Except in the minds of people like Jack, who automically associate poor children with black children. It says more about you than about anyone else. It's pretty sad that you're stuck in an era that doesn't really exist anymore.

As usual though, instead of discussing and debating actual policy, leftwingers resort to throwing around the racism accusation. I don't think it'll ever stop. You guys have cried wolf one too many times. Nobody listens or cares anymore. :)

LOL!!! Those are your examples of so-called code words? :lol:

No, they're nothing at all resembling anything coded. Except in the minds of people like Jack, who automically associate poor children with black children. It says more about you than about anyone else. It's pretty sad that you're stuck in an era that doesn't really exist anymore.

A Classic Professor Double Shot!!!!

Dismiss the evidence as baseless...Check!

Question the mental capacity of the poster who has The Professor cornered...Check

Question the character of "The Cornerer" while tacitly putting The Professor on a false hill of higher morality...Check

Classic Professor selective quoting...Check

So Professor,through all your sanctimonious tripe above,can we assume you still know nothing of the Southern Straget....er...Strategy AND nothing of what Atwater was talking about??

Southern Strategy Avoidance Syndrome in full force with the Yank Wannabe,I see...

Edited by Jack Weber

As usual though, instead of discussing and debating actual policy, leftwingers resort to throwing around the racism accusation. I don't think it'll ever stop. You guys have cried wolf one too many times. Nobody listens or cares anymore. :)

So nothing on Atwater and the Southern Strategy???

Your evidence is completely subjective.

Wow...

You really have nothing on a tenet of Republican campaign strategy...

You're farther gone than I first thought,Professor...We're down to five word phrases used as cogent responses...

The Southern Strategy Avoidance Syndrome is truly inhibiting...

So nothing on Atwater and the Southern Strategy???

Sure, if you want to discuss the 1980s. But sorry, your so-called evidence is completely subjective. In fact, I have no idea how anyone can automatically assign blacks to the terms that were mentioned. Other than in a mind that's already practicing prejudice.

Sure, if you want to discuss the 1980s. But sorry, your so-called evidence is completely subjective. In fact, I have no idea how anyone can automatically assign blacks to the terms that were mentioned. Other than in a mind that's already practicing prejudice.

Still putting yourself up there on that self constructed pedestal of sanctimony,Professor???

And you clearly have no idea about anything regarding The Southern Strategy...

Your affliction with the Southern Strategy Avoidance Syndrome is duly noted...

Still putting yourself up there on that self constructed pedestal of sanctimony,Professor???

And you clearly have no idea about anything regarding The Southern Strategy...

Your affliction with the Southern Strategy Avoidance Syndrome is duly noted...

Sorry, I just don't agree with you about these so-called code words. It just sounds like the same tripe I've recently heard about Gingrich's referral of Obama as the food stamps President. But it's a fact. More people are on food stamps now than ever before. It's not about black or white. It's about the failed economic policies of the current president. Perhaps you should stop the race-baiting and delve a little deeper in real issues.

Sorry, I just don't agree with you about these so-called code words. It just sounds like the same tripe I've recently heard about Gingrich's referral of Obama as the food stamps President. But it's a fact. More people are on food stamps now than ever before. It's not about black or white. It's about the failed economic policies of the current president. Perhaps you should stop the race-baiting and delve a little deeper in real issues.

Of course,Professor...There's no Southern Strategy anymore in the Republican Party and Gingrich was'nt playing it to a T in the first state to leave The Union...

Of course you're right...Novak and Atwater are wrong...

And are you sure you want to go there with "race-baiter"?

I could find the Andrew Breitbart thread you vociferously defended a year and a half ago???

One of your "classier" moments,as I recall...And there's been more than a few...