Do Canadians feel safer?

Topaz

You're just not used to hearing Canadian politicians in "real speak". No pussyfooting around and no political correctness so as not to offend anyone's sensibilities and fragile ears. Rather refreshing I think.

Oh. So you think Harper created the word "islamicism". Did you google the word? If you do you'll find many entries where where the term was used by others, even on book titles.

http://www.amazon.ca/Cultural-Roots-American-Islamicism/dp/0521852935

I found Islamism, but not Islamicism (sic).

---

I came back to say

If Prime Minister Stephen Harper says the biggest security threat to Canada a decade after 9/11 is Islamic terrorism. THEN WHY PUT AL QAEDA IN POWER IN LIBYA? (to bomb the other Muslims right.. right.. I get how they think)

(Islamism is in dictionary.com Is·lam·ism

   [is-lah-miz-uhm, iz-, is-luh-miz-, iz-] Show IPA

noun

the religion or culture of Islam. )

There are no dictionary results for Islamicism.

Edited by William Ashley

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Mr. Harper:

When you use the word Islamicism it makes you look stupid, they are Called MUSLIMS.

Who looks stupid when you can't tell fundametalist terrorists from all other Moslems?

it is "ISLAM" you know that religion that is one of the largest in the world.

Does that make treating women like cattle somehow right?

Islamic law is known as Sharia Law. It is Muslim common law.

Real Muslims follow Sharia Law

They have to stay where it is tolerated, if it's really is tolerated by every Moslem.

Or Canada in Afghanistan and Libya is a threat to those areas due to Canadianism.

"Area" is threatened? How does area suffer by not being enslaved? Or not being executed for changing religion.

Who looks stupid when you can't tell fundametalist terrorists from all other Moslems?

Mohamad didn't say put explosives in your underwear or fly planes into trade centers - his uncle was a merchant. Those are muslim acts not Islamic acts.

Does that make treating women like cattle somehow right?

No comment. Some men wouldn't mind being treated like cows by women. Tell that to a nursing enfant while your at it.

They have to stay where it is tolerated, if it's really is tolerated by every Moslem.

True people shouldn't be idiots. Questionable cultures should stick to tolerant societies, or have a backup. WELCOME TO CANADA..!!!

My gosh do you know how many Muslims move to France? It makes NO sense, the French hate Muslims more than they hated Jews in some circles. But I guess it beats home because thats where everyone beats them up. Atleast they can start stuff on fire and break windows in other countries, it gets them shot back home.

Bear in mind some muslims have been in Canada for 40+ years now.

"Area" is threatened? How does area suffer by not being enslaved? Or not being executed for changing religion.

I don't understand can you expand on that?

Edited by William Ashley

Yep, rules at airports are inconvenient. Would you prefer having to remove your shoes, or flying at 600 kilometers per hour into the CN Tower??

Again, I'm the "techie" guy. Don't just throw a bunch of rules at me and expect me to believe that they all make sense and they all are effective, especially when I can see with my own eyes that many are NOT! Some even appear to be just smoke and mirrors, to make us think that a lot of activity and aggravation is the same as effective action.

Plus we have media reports about how baggage loaders are totally unscreened for security at some airports, including some here in Canada. The RCMP have actually arrested a few! There are reports of reporters deliberately carrying dummy items to see if security will catch them. Usually they don't!

So don't give me the holy attitude, fellowtraveller! It's always cheaper to LOOK safe than to BE safe!

I mean, nail clippers! Explain those to me, will you?

I haven't even mentioned veils and burkhas and certain ethnic groups apparently exempt from the same searches as the rest of us, even those groups who have represented virtually all of the latest rounds of terrorism. Someone immediately will totally dismiss the reality of those factors and dismiss it all as simple racism.

No, sorry. I don't feel all that safer at all! I'm a "Utilitarian". If it doesn't actually work then it's just "feel good" crap!

Edited by Wild Bill

Ah, Richard Spencer is the evidence :)

When you have a good proof that because it's proven..........

Here's another one. "Soviet Communists and US forces on the same side.......Germany fell"

What???? I thought Germans are in NATO!?

I mean, nail clippers! Explain those to me, will you?

I had a souvenir boomerang removed from my carry-on when I boarded a flight in Hong Kong. I was told it would be returned to me at my destination. It wasn't. I bet everyone felt much more secure, though; boomerangs work well inside narrow tubes.

Along the same lines: liquids. At airports in Japan I had my bottled drinks put into a small machine at the security counter, scanned, and then returned to me. Why is this technology not used anywhere else, instead of the guards screaming at a mass of hundreds of people to put their bottled water, pop, mouthwash, etc., etc. in the provided garbage bins?

[+]

Edited by g_bambino

I had a souvenir boomerang removed from my carry-on when I boarded a flight in Hong Kong. I was told it would be returned to me at my destination. It wasn't. I bet everyone felt much more secure, though; boomerangs work well inside narrow tubes.

Along the same lines: liquids. At airports in Japan I had my bottled drinks put into a small machine at the security counter, scanned, and then returned to me. Why is this technology not used anywhere else, instead of the guards screaming at a mass of hundreds of people to put their bottled water, pop, mouthwash, etc., etc. in the provided garbage bins?

[+]

Simple! The Japanese airport management and the politicians involved are simply more intelligent than ours!

What else is new?

Right right those are all the NATO forces who clearly arn't on the ground, my bad.

Poor Quadafi. I feel his pain :)

So: "Al Qaeda may already be among Libya's rebels

By Joshua Norman"

May already be?????

Never mind Lybia, Al-Quida may already be in Canada!!!

A canadians chance of dying in a terrorist attack is probably a lot lower than being struck by lightening.

That's why liberals want to register long firearms. So Elmer Fadd can't use it in ground to air attack.

'Cause he'd be punished for not registering.

I believe your comment is wrong.9/11 did not happen in Canada

So how come 27 Canadians died there?

Is it more than killed by other Arab (Marc Lepine) in Montreal Polytechnique? Well publicized and cause of changing Canadian laws, costing billions!

Are you Islamic ?

Oh I am sorry Mike.

No I am not a Muslim,my parents are both Catholic.

I should have not assumed your religion.Maybe I should have refrased my comment/reply to yours differently.

Actualy I don't like to discuss religion very much because it is more of a personal belief,and it is none of my business to dictate to anyone of their personal beliefs of faith.However there is a conflict because the Islamic religion has become very political intwined/entangled,or at least groups/sects or extremists.This has dragged the entire religion into the spotlight.It is debatable whom on which side is responsible for this.

I do not blame the entire religion because of a few bad apples,but does everyone in the west feel as I do?

The conflict in me continues still because in Islamic countries that practise with strict Islamic law,many human right violations openly occur.Example would be punishment for theft I believe is the amputation of two middle fingers(Pakistan).And there are many more examples(much more severe).

Actually maybe I will stay away from this topic because of religous undertones.

WWWTT

So how come 27 Canadians died there?

Is it more than killed by other Arab (Marc Lepine) in Montreal Polytechnique? Well publicized and cause of changing Canadian laws, costing billions!

Were the Canadian citizens the intended target for the attack in 9/11?

You have me at a disadvantage as far as Marc Lepine goes.Please elaborate.

WWWTT

Edited by WWWTT

I don't feel any more or less safe. Just more inconvenienced.

I was pleasantly surprised when I flew to Cuba in January to be able to bring my own drinks on the plane and not be scanned or groped by anyone. The "totalitarian" country afforded its guests more freedom than the "land of the free" does.

I was pleasantly surprised when I flew to Cuba in January to be able to bring my own drinks on the plane and not be scanned or groped by anyone. The "totalitarian" country afforded its guests more freedom than the "land of the free" does.

What an interesting metric for freedom you have ! :D