"No kids allowed!" -- Children in Restaurants

kimmy

What a great idea. Why don't we all start yelling at other people's two year olds when they're uncontrollable. Smh.

No I would just tell the owner of the business to deal with it. She did.

The parents here are pretty shitty. Take your distain up with them. It's shocking that you think a more appropriate reaction was to have the police called on these people.

No I would just tell the owner of the business to deal with it. She did.

The parents here are pretty shitty. Take your distain up with them. It's shocking that you think a more appropriate reaction was to have the police called on these people.

I was responding to a different poster, read my quote in context.

I don't care how 'shitty' the parents were, I see shitty parents everywhere and I don't yell at their kids.

And....If they were being shitty parents on my property, I would yell at them or call the police.

It's 'shocking' to me that you find that shocking so I guess we're even. ;)

What a great idea. Why don't we all start yelling at other people's two year olds when they're uncontrollable. Smh.

When it is necessary due to idiot parenting then it is necessary.

This is only a story because it is rare that parents are that idiotic and that a victim of the child's behaviour stood up for themselves.

Edited by msj

Yes it is appropriate for a person to defend themselves by briefly giving the child a dose of his/ her own medicine.

Yelling is not harmful. But is annoying so why can't the victim give back a little and say enough is enough.

When it is necessary due to idiot parenting then it is necessary.

This is only a story because it is rare that parents are that idiotic and that a victim of the child's behaviour stood up for themselves.

If you have a problem with what grown people do and you feel like yelling is the answer, yell at the parents.

It's never acceptable to yell at someone's kid. Where do we draw a line?? Shitty parenting' can be quite a subjective term I hope you realise.

Yes it is appropriate for a person to defend themselves by briefly giving the child a dose of his/ her own medicine.

Yelling is not harmful. But is annoying so why can't the victim give back a little and say enough is enough.

Take it up with the parents. It's quite a novel concept. I'm surprised it's this controversial.

It's never acceptable to discipline a random person's kid, ever.

This is an interesting attitude. You know, one of the reasons why my parents didn't mind my wandering far and wide when young, or why their parents didn't mind them wandering, was they knew there were adults everywhere and I'd always be under someone's eye. Adults didn't hesitate to stop kids from doing what they shouldn't be doing when I was young, whether they knew them or not. And if you acted up you'd sure get yelled at for it, by whatever adult happened to be nearby, whether they knew you or not. If they did know you it was worse, of course, because they'd yell at you, then call your parents and your parents would yell at you - or worse.

This is an interesting attitude. You know, one of the reasons why my parents didn't mind my wandering far and wide when young, or why their parents didn't mind them wandering, was they knew there were adults everywhere and I'd always be under someone's eye. Adults didn't hesitate to stop kids from doing what they shouldn't be doing when I was young, whether they knew them or not. And if you acted up you'd sure get yelled at for it, by whatever adult happened to be nearby, whether they knew you or not. If they did know you it was worse, of course, because they'd yell at you, then call your parents and your parents would yell at you - or worse.

Indeed. Not sure where the modern idea that all other adults besides the kid's parents must pretend the kid doesn't exist came from.

Indeed. Not sure where the modern idea that all other adults besides the kid's parents must pretend the kid doesn't exist came from.

I'm not sure it is. You have a lot of instances when parents will call the protective services if they see children playing by themselves or if a child is disciplined in public.

You can't compare yelling at a crying 2 year old who is sitting with its parents to disciplining unsupervised older children who are out and about.

I get as frustrated as any of you when parents don't do anything about their screaming kid, but I can't believe so many people are defending this woman.

Did anyone actually read her FB post to the mother calling the kid rotten and saying she'd physically fight the parents? Getting angry at the moment is one thing but she's a certified nutjob.

Great defender of your cause, folks.

If the parents are as idiotic as alleged in this instance I really do think the responsible thing to do is to yell at the kid and make a scene.

The kid itself needs an awakening and maybe it will be good for the parents, too, to have their little bubble burst.

We are talking about yelling - no different than the kid is doing with the exception of intent to shut the little bugger up.

This is not shaking or hitting or abusing the kid.

If I'm sitting at a table and have nicely asked another table to keep it down then at some point it becomes reasonable to raise my voice (which is all that yelling is) and make it clear that it is unacceptable.

Just because the kid is 2 does not mean that it won't learn from the experience. Got to start somewhere.

In fact, with parents like that it is irresponsible to not take action, imo.

Did anyone actually read her FB post to the mother calling the kid rotten and saying she'd physically fight the parents? Getting angry at the moment is one thing but she's a certified nutjob.

Sounds to me like you'd fight this woman if she talked to your kid loudly. So there's that.

Sounds to me like you'd fight this woman if she talked to your kid loudly. So there's that.

???

Poop would hit the fan if anyone yelled at my two-year old, but no, I'm not a raving lunatic like this woman. I would not start fighting physically.

If the parents are as idiotic as alleged in this instance I really do think the responsible thing to do is to yell at the kid and make a scene.

The kid itself needs an awakening and maybe it will be good for the parents, too, to have their little bubble burst.

We are talking about yelling - no different than the kid is doing with the exception of intent to shut the little bugger up.

This is not shaking or hitting or abusing the kid.

If I'm sitting at a table and have nicely asked another table to keep it down then at some point it becomes reasonable to raise my voice (which is all that yelling is) and make it clear that it is unacceptable.

Just because the kid is 2 does not mean that it won't learn from the experience. Got to start somewhere.

In fact, with parents like that it is irresponsible to not take action, imo.

From now on, whenever I'm somewhere and I've had to up to my eyeballs with someone's bad parenting (which is pretty much a daily occurrence), I'm gonna yell at the kids!

Genius.

From now on, whenever I'm somewhere and I've had to up to my eyeballs with someone's bad parenting (which is pretty much a daily occurrence), I'm gonna yell at the kids!

Genius.

Sure, if you want to.

That's your prerogative.

The only time I have had to yell at someone else's kid was to stop them from running into traffic. Seemed like the right thing to do at the time given the possible consequences.

I hope to never have to yell at a kid who is with its' parents but under the circumstances presented, in this rare case, I do think the kid had it coming as did the parents.

So, we are talking about something that happens very rarely.

Edited by msj

Sure, if you want to.

That's your prerogative.

The only time I have had to yell at someone else's kid was to stop them from running into traffic. Seemed like the right thing to do at the time given the possible consequences.

I hope to never have to yell at a kid who is with its' parents but under the circumstances presented, in this rare case, I do think the kid had it coming as did the parents.

So, we are talking about something that happens very rarely.

The woman slammed her hands on the counter, screamed at a 21 month old baby to STFU and even after calming down, called the kid "rotten" and said she's "f-ing crazy" and the parents are lucky she didn't physically beat them up.

That's who you're championing. Good for you.

???

Poop would hit the fan if anyone yelled at my two-year old, but no, I'm not a raving lunatic like this woman. I would not start fighting physically.

You're using pretty dramatic imagery. Would you call the police? Would you take a picture and shame her on Social Media? Or pretty much get into a shouting match with the lady?

This woman was in her place of work. To call her a raving lunatic for losing her patience with a kid these parents wouldn't discipline is quite precious.

You're using pretty dramatic imagery. Would you call the police? Would you take a picture and shame her on Social Media? Or pretty much get into a shouting match with the lady?

This woman was in her place of work. To call her a raving lunatic for losing her patience with a kid these parents wouldn't discipline is quite precious.

I said I would call the police if someone refused to leave my restaurant after I asked them to. But sure, yelling at a 2 year old to STFU and threatening the parents with physical violence seems so much more reasonable.

I said I would call the police if someone refused to leave my restaurant after I asked them to. But sure, yelling at a 2 year old to STFU and threatening the parents with physical violence seems so much more reasonable.

That would be hilarious. Calling the cops for telling a child to be quiet. :lol: