Warren Jeffs and FLDS

pinko

Child sex trial of polygamist Warren Jeffs set to continue (VIDEO)

Polygamist church leader Warren Jeffs — accused of raping a 12-year-old girl and impregnating 15-year-old he'd taken as "spiritual wives" — is to continue his own defense after using his opening statements Wednesday to quote scripture at length, without once mentioning the charges against him.

Polygamist church leader Warren Jeffs — accused of raping a 12-year-old girl and impregnating 15-year-old he'd taken as "spiritual wives" — is to continue his own defense after using his opening statements Wednesday to quote scripture at length, without once mentioning the charges against him.

On Wednesday, Texas prosecutors rested their case after playing an audio tape in which they allege the 55-year-old leader the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has sex with a 12-year-old girl in the presence of three other "wives," telling her to feel "the spirit of God."

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/americas/united-states/110804/warren-jeffs-polygamy-child-sex-fundamentalist-church-jesus-christ-god-video

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Child sex trial of polygamist Warren Jeffs set to continue (VIDEO)

On Wednesday, Texas prosecutors rested their case after playing an audio tape in which they allege the 55-year-old leader the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has sex with a 12-year-old girl in the presence of three other "wives," telling her to feel "the spirit of God."

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/americas/united-states/110804/warren-jeffs-polygamy-child-sex-fundamentalist-church-jesus-christ-god-video

It was war famine and revolution - my father was a 33 year old army captain - my mother was a 15 year old farm girl...it all workded out...There is a difference between a 16 year old and a 12 year old...one is begining the early start of womanhood - the other is a mere child. Marriage should if it is to be early - must be up to modern standards - at least the aqe of legal concent for both sexes.

The union of my mother and father was a neccesity of survival at the time - His first family perished from typhoid...my mothers family were nearly starved to death and they were on the move - they needed each other - she was to the end of her life a very dominant and charismatic character - a great performer and good buisness woman - my father did not take advanatage of her..he actually played second fiddle to my mum.

As for this Jeff guy - he is a delluded self centred liar and what he does is not a about survival - it is about usery - and the destruction of human potential.

Another charismatic opportunistic pedophile who decided to build his own church in Jesus' name and rely on ignorance and weaknesses.

He should be tried and treated as a pedophile, be given a tough sentence if found guilty, and made an example to others. There's so many pedophiles coming out of the woodworks that it's getting to be ridiculous. Something has to be done.

Anyway, that's why it's so important to read the Bible so we do not get misled...or become easy prey to the devil's associates.

Especially if you are a Christian, or someone who seeks God, you have to know for yourself what it is really all about and what is required. It is imperative to read and and try to understand the Bible. You need to be able to discern.

Edited by betsy

There is nothing charismatic about Jeffs..He looks like a buggy eyed mutant con man...

I haven't seen the guy so I wouldn't know.

Perhaps he's shown at his worst due to stress of getting caught? Perhaps he can lay on the charms when he wants to? But if his appearance is truly "uncharismatic", it just begs question as to what state of mind his followers must be in to be taken in by someone as such.

People who join sects like this are usually troubled, and it's so alarming that their young children are dragged into these as well.

Edited by betsy

Anyway, that's why it's so important to read the Bible so we do not get misled...or become easy prey to the devil's associates.

So why can't I have as many wives, concubines, slaves as:

Abraham?

Gideon?

Solomon?

Jacob?

Saul?

I mean...it in the bible?

So why can't I have as many wives, concubines, slaves as:

Abraham?

Gideon?

Solomon?

Jacob?

Saul?

I mean...it in the bible?

See what I mean?

You're just quoting the Old Testament. You don't even understand the connection between the Old and the New Testament.

CHRISTIAN. JESUS CHRIST. Connect the dots. Hello? :D

That's why you have to read IN FULL! And try to understand. :)

If you're not a Christian, and you don't wish to be one....like what MHardner said: Go for it!

Why do you need the Bible for that? What's stopping you?

Heck, if you need validation....go with Islam! :lol:

Edited by betsy

See what I mean?

You're just quoting the Old Testament. You don't even understand the connection between the Old and the New Testament.

Find one citation in the New Testament that forbids polygamy. Find one citation that forbids slavery.

Thanks

I haven't seen the guy so I wouldn't know.

Perhaps he's shown at his worst due to stress of getting caught? Perhaps he can lay on the charms when he wants to? But if his appearance is truly "uncharismatic", it just begs question as to what state of mind his followers must be in to be taken in by someone as such.

People who join sects like this are usually troubled, and it's so alarming that their young children are dragged into these as well.

He actually inherited the leadership of the cult from his father Rulon Jeffs who had close to 80 wives.

The people within the sect are born into the cult and indoctrinated from birth.

Edited by pinko

Find one citation in the New Testament that forbids polygamy. Thanks

Matthew 19

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

7 “Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”

8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

Ephesians 5:25-33

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.

28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. 31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.” 32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

Romans 7:1-3

Released From the Law, Bound to Christ

1 Do you not know, brothers and sisters—for I am speaking to those who know the law—that the law has authority over someone only as long as that person lives? 2 For example, by law a married woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive, but if her husband dies, she is released from the law that binds her to him. 3 So then, if she has sexual relations with another man while her husband is still alive, she is called an adulteress. But if her husband dies, she is released from that law and is not an adulteress if she marries another man.

1 Corinthians 7:2

2 But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband.

The New Testament is filled with so many passages against adultery.

Edited by betsy

Another charismatic opportunistic pedophile who decided to build his own church in Jesus' name and rely on ignorance and weaknesses.

Priests do the same.

Like church? Catholic/Presby/Anglican ? Probably :rolleyes:

Find one citation that forbids slavery. Thanks

An interesting read.

Excerpt from The Bible Teaching on Slavery

We need to know what slavery was like in New Testament times so that we can know how to apply the New Testament instructions to situations in our own day. Kent Hughes, in his commentary on Ephesians (Crossway Books, Wheaton, IL), page 206, documents much helpful information on Roman slavery. It is estimated that there were 60,000,000 slaves in the Roman Empire, but the average slave was not abused and exploited. Some slaves did suffer at the hands of their owners, but slaves under Roman law could usually count on being set free. While slaves remained their owner’s property, they themselves could own property—including other slaves.

We note too that being a slave did not indicate one’s social class. Slaves were accorded the social status of their owners. And outwardly, one could scarcely ever distinguish a slave from a free person. A slave could be a custodian, a merchant, a salesman, a teacher, or a government official. Slaves were often highly educated. There were a few slaves who were elders in the church, and thus had authority over the masters whom they served all week. Selling oneself as a slave was commonly used as a means of gaining Roman citizenship.

Roman slavery in the first century was far more humane and civilized than the African-American slavery practiced in the he United States during the seventeenth to the nineteenth centuries. This does not suggest that ancient slavery was not evil. Slaves were still considered property and could be bought and sold and severely punished-but understanding the nature of slavery in New Testament times helps us to understand why the apostolic writers were not as quick to attack slavery.

The Apostle Paul respected the civil law and the social patterns of his day, and did not militate against the law of slavery. William Barclay, in his commentary, The Letters to Timothy and Titus, Westminster, 1960, says:

“In those early days, the Church did not emerge as the opponent and the would-be destroyer of slavery by violent and sudden means. And the Church was wise. There were something like 60,000,000 slaves in the Roman Empire … For the Church to have encouraged slaves to revolt and rebel and rise against their masters would have been fatal. It would simply have caused civil war, mass murder, and the complete discredit of the Church. (Instead), what happened was that as the centuries went on, Christianity so permeated civilization that in the end the slaves were freed voluntarily and not by force. Here is a tremendous lesson. It is the proof that neither men nor the world nor society can be reformed by force and by legislation. The reform must come through the slow penetration of the Spirit of Christ into the human situation. Things have to happen in God’s time, not in ours. In the end, the slow way is the sure way, and the way of violence always defeats itself.”

More....

http://www.brfwitness.org/?p=865

Find one citation in the New Testament that forbids polygamy. Find one citation that forbids slavery.Thanks

I've done as you requested....but really, I don't see why you're getting yourself knotted up over this?

Those who end up getting victimized by lunatic sect leaders usually are troubled people who are seeking God or trying to fill their spiritual needs. I've given the advice of reading the Bible to them who seek God....and to all Christians. So as not to be misled.

Priests do the same.

Are you saying all priests? You're painting everyone with the same brush? That's bigotry.

Of course you know that bigotry usually stem from ignorance? :)

Like church? Catholic/Presby/Anglican ? Probably :rolleyes:

Look who's talking! :lol:

What about you? And your New Atheist Church? Your charismatic messiah Dawkins?

Your children are also born and indoctrinated to your religion.

And before you rebutt that the New Atheist is not a religion, you better go and read the opening article in the topic Church of the Non Believers, and all those articles abouit Dawkins in Video Debates and Interviews. You've got a lot of catching up to do....

At least we've got something to back up ours.

You've got zero! :D

Edited by betsy

Go for it. Really, only wife #1 is stopping you.

If I could - and don't tell anyone - but...having five consenting intelligent woman all living under the same or different roofs...is not such a bad idea - IF you are a good and intelligent man...the plus would be you could have 25 children - and send them all to work...and be a lay about and proclaim on occasion that "I am the King" - fine and dandy..but people don't seem to like kings much these days - The reason why the American feds attempted to ban mulitiple wives for Mormons was originally based on the false premise of morality - when in reality the last thing a government wants is a man with 20 wives and 80 children..that is one hell of a voting block - so they nip it in the bud - fine for the goverment to protect woman and then act as the husband to all...It's all about control - and as I said...America has developed a hate for patriarchs of any form.

...a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh.

I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.

For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.

That doesn't do as requested.

Marriage is weak these days - a wife has more loyality for her mother and father tnan for her husband - More loyality to her children than her husband..and most husbands are more loyal to mummy than the spouse - small wonder the kids grow up to be a bit nuts after having to be raised by a devided front - when you marry the partner comes first - then the children - that is called law and order.

Are you saying all priests? You're painting everyone with the same brush? That's bigotry.

No, only you are saying it so it fits better in your own lil myopic world.

Rag on FLDS but of course Priests are pious....until the odd one sticks his dick where it aint supposed to go. But of course you know that, just wont admit it.

Of course you know that bigotry usually stem from ignorance? :)

Your ignorance is legion. It sure as hell not me who believes in fairies and old books that deny how old this place is.

Look who's talking! :lol:

What about you? And your New Atheist Church? Your charismatic messiah Dawkins?

Your children are also born and indoctrinated to your religion.

And before you rebutt that the New Atheist is not a religion, you better go and read the opening article in the topic Church of the Non Believers, and all those articles abouit Dawkins in Video Debates and Interviews. You've got a lot of catching up to do....

At least we've got something to back up ours.

You've got zero! :D

I dont go to church, I dont believe one whit of what you try and espouse and science backs me up far more than you will ever admit.

Speaking of ignorance, have fun Sunday morn.

See what I mean?

CHRISTIAN. JESUS CHRIST. Connect the dots. Hello? :D

That's why you have to read IN FULL! And try to understand. :)

If you're not a Christian, and you don't wish to be one....like what MHardner said: Go for it!

Why do you need the Bible for that? What's stopping you?

Heck, if you need validation....go with Islam! :lol:

if there was jesus and there is evidence there was, the quotes attributed to him confirm he ahd no intention of eliminating the old testament

here are some quotes in regards to the OT

“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” — Matthew 5:18-19

“It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.” (Luke 16:17)

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.” (Matthew 5:17)

“Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law” (John7:19)

As for this Jeff guy - he is a delluded self centred liar and what he does is not a about survival - it is about usery - and the destruction of human potential.

let's get to the point he's pedophile leading a ring of pedophiles masquerading as a religious cult...

I have no issues with polygamy if a man can withstand the constant torment of multiple wives but when it includes kids it's a cover for pedophilia...

let's get to the point he's pedophile leading a ring of pedophiles masquerading as a religious cult...

I have no issues with polygamy if a man can withstand the constant torment of multiple wives but when it includes kids it's a cover for pedophilia...

I agree - pedophiles are not men - they are worms. This guy looks like a life sucking worm...If he were a man in the real sense of the word - He could handle mature strong woman of independent thought - apparently being a parasite is more his style - and as you say - I also have no issues with polygamy...most woman do though....