New leader of the NDP - A Sepratist?

Nycole Turmel, from what I have read, is a former supporter of the BQ and Quebec Solidaire. The Bloc are a party most of you know, but for those of you who don't know QS, its a provincial party here in Quebec that is staunch separatist and on the very left of the political spectrum. It is headed by Amir Khadr, the one who marched in front of mom and pop shoe store in Montreal's Plateau area because some of their brands of shoes were made in Israel.

"The 68-year-old was part of the orange wave that swept across Quebec in the May election. She defeated a five-term incumbent in Hull-Aylmer, which had gone to the Liberals since 1914, despite criticism she supported the Bloc Québécois in 2006 and Quebec Solidaire in 2008."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/07/26/who-is-nycole-turmel-potential-ndp-interim-leader/

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nycole Turmel, from what I have read, is a former supporter of the BQ and Quebec Solidaire. The Bloc are a party most of you know, but for those of you who don't know QS, its a provincial party here in Quebec that is staunch separatist and on the very left of the political spectrum. It is headed by Amir Khadr, the one who marched in front of mom and pop shoe store in Montreal's Plateau area because some of their brands of shoes were made in Israel.

"The 68-year-old was part of the orange wave that swept across Quebec in the May election. She defeated a five-term incumbent in Hull-Aylmer, which had gone to the Liberals since 1914, despite criticism she supported the Bloc Québécois in 2006 and Quebec Solidaire in 2008."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/07/26/who-is-nycole-turmel-potential-ndp-interim-leader/

She is a member of a Federalist National Party dummy and has signed a legal pledge to uphold those values. Maybe check a little more into how the NDP works no wonder they let you run you can't even figure out how things work.

Article says "despite criticism she supported the Bloc Québécois in 2006 and Quebec Solidaire in 2008". This is conjecture, it doesn't mean she did so and we don't know, from this article, if or how she so, with what intent etc. Basically, no context to this short quip.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

She is a member of a Federalist National Party dummy and has signed a legal pledge to uphold those values. Maybe check a little more into how the NDP works no wonder they let you run you can't even figure out how things work.

So was Lucian Bouchard, dummy.

In hear all you need to run as a NDPer is to be able to breathe...walking, optional.

You have to be one of the rudest people on this forum. A point was stated that the woman has supported separatists, which has been reported in the media. Maybe her views have changed from what they were in a few years ago, maybe she supported those parties for other reason then the fact they were separatist parties, but there's no need to be calling someone a "dummy" because they don't share your beliefs.

You have to be one of the rudest people on this forum. A point was stated that the woman has supported separatists, which has been reported in the media. Maybe her views have changed from what they were in a few years ago, maybe she supported those parties for other reason then the fact they were separatist parties, but there's no need to be calling someone a "dummy" because they don't share your beliefs.

No it isn't. The report high lights that very few people understand or want to understand Quebec politics. That is all that report shows me. I will continue to be rude as long as people intend on being misleading about the politics of this country.

Lucien Bouchard was a member of the Progressive Conservative Party.

Why not, most of the NDP rookies are quebecers...if they don't get the party to be responsive to their idea of Quebec nationalism (assumimng the members aren't too busy visiting las vegas) they won't be in the party too long...

That a boy pegasus!

Keep the anti Quebec rants strong and vibrant so that the Alberta right wing in Canada can solidify the NDP's hold on Quebec and even strengthen their seats there come next election.

I guess the conservatives give a ratts ass about the current 5 seats they hold in Quebec now hey!

Good job buddy!

WWWTT

No it isn't. The report high lights that very few people understand or want to understand Quebec politics. That is all that report shows me. I will continue to be rude as long as people intend on being misleading about the politics of this country.

http://www.quebecsolidaire.net/actualite-nationale/nycole-turmel-appuie-quebec-solidaire

You are only hammering home the point that you don't really understand Quebec politics which is just fine. Here is another thing there is no provincial political party which is progressive or commands the support of union leaders.

Maybe she was for the Separatists until she was against them.

You are only hammering home the point that you don't really understand Quebec politics which is just fine. Here is another thing there is no provincial political party which is progressive or commands the support of union leaders.

I've stated that she probably didn't support them because they were separatists, but it still doesn't change the fact that she supported them.

Why would she support the Bloc Quebecois over the NDP though, you dummy?

Edited by Newfoundlander

Well, what have we here? A self-appointed policeman as to whether or not posters are misleading!

Rather arrogant, don't you think? Hell, we no longer need moderators. We've got you!

The NDP need a centraist moderate to lead...only this will sustain the party and give it the possiblity of being a ruling party - any divisions through any sort of differing extremist idealogy will bring the party back down to where it was 10 years ago...they have to grow up and forget about personal agendas and ideology.

I've stated that she probably didn't support them because they were separatists, but it still doesn't change the fact that she supported them.

Why would she support the Bloc Quebecois over the NDP though, you dummy?

Did you check into who her union voted as a democratic organization to support publicly? Nope? Probably because you don't understand how those politics work right? Well here let me help you because it is clear to me you will never even try to under stand Quebec politics. This is a line from her Unions endorsement in 2006.

PSAC endorses Bloc's progressive policies, not its goal of separatism....

Seems like they go out of their way to make the point that they don't support separatism. Glad you jumped on that bandwagon though so we can see how little you know about Canadian politics.

Edited by punked

Did you check into who her union voted as a democratic organization to support publicly? Nope? Probably because you don't understand how those politics work right? Well here let me help you because it is clear to me you will never even try to under stand Quebec politics. This is a line from her Unions endorsement in 2006.

Seems like they go out of their way to make the point that they don't support separatism. Glad you jumped on that bandwagon though so we can see how little you know about Canadian politics.

So the NDP isn't progressive dummy?

So the NDP isn't progressive dummy?

You really don't understand the inner workings of a Union. It is ok. You go learn come back and I will explain it again. You can go look at PSAC's endorsement of the Bloc in 2006, an endorsement voted on by its members. Her being the president of said Democratic organization backed its members, but while doing so put language into the endorsement that they DO NOT support Separatism. Which is what this thread is about. It is like you don't know how to read. Do you know how to read? Because it seems like you are responding to things said on the other page not this one. We have already gone over who her and her Union went out of their way to say they DO NOT SUPPORT SEPARATISM!

Which was the point I was making in the first place which you took issue with because you know nothing about Quebec or Canadian politics. It is ok you will learn if you stick around long enough and read the threads.

Edited by punked

You really don't understand the inner workings of a Union. It is ok. You go learn come back and I will explain it again. You can go look at PSAC's endorsement of the Bloc in 2006, an endorsement voted on by its members. Her being the president of said Democratic organization backed its members, but while doing so put language into the endorsement that they DO NOT support Separatism. Which is what this thread is about. It is like you don't know how to read. Do you know how to read? Because it seems like you are responding to things said on the other page not this one. We have already gone over who her and her Union went out of their way to say they DO NOT SUPPORT SEPARATISM!

Which was the point I was making in the first place which you took issue with because you know nothing about Quebec or Canadian politics. It is ok you will learn if you stick around long enough and read the threads.

Have they made secret balloting in unions mandatory yet or is it a still a show of rats hands?

The NDP should just change it's name to the NDQ.

A vast majority of its gains came from Quebec. They just became an alternative to the Bloc.

The election of students and bar maids that had little or no connection to the riding they represent prove that Quebec just voted for the NDP cuz.

This only proves they aren't a terribly national party afterall.