Sad news for Tory supporters

The sad news is Michael Ignatieff, has gone back were is was working before he enter politics.....U of Toronto. He didn't go to the US and many kept saying he would and now we know they were just one of the many lies the Tory party told about Michael.

Edited by Topaz

The sad news is Michael Ignatieff, has gone back were is was working before he enter politics.....U of Toronto. He didn't go to the US and many kept saying he would and now we know they were just one of the many lies the Tory party told about Michael. http://www.thesudburystar.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3110172

And there's Michael Ignatieff riding off into the sunset. With a tip of the hat, he bids us a fond farewell.

The election is over, as is Iggy's political career. He has the intelligence to walk away, and maybe it's time for his supporters to let him go.

The sad news is Michael Ignatieff, has gone back were is was working before he enter politics.....U of Toronto. He didn't go to the US and many kept saying he would and now we know they were just one of the many lies the Tory party told about Michael.

Funny, I can't see any soldiers on our streets.

I couldn't care less if Igantieff lived in the U.S. before or will in the future. He may very well have plans to return to the USA in the future. Why wouldn't he want to go south, with Global Warming producing all of this snow?

When I saw the thread title and that Topaz had started it, I immediately thought this had to do with someone dying. Topaz's threads about a celebrity dying all start with "sad news".

In fact, there was a tragic death this week of the sudden death of a Conservative's wife that is indeed sad news.

A devastating loss followed Conservative MP Harold Albrecht's re-election win with the sudden death of his wife Betty on Wednesday.

She collapsed at home Monday night, just as the couple was preparing to leave for Albrecht's victory party. He won his seat in Kitchener-Conestoga in southwestern Ontario by 17,000 votes. They never made it to the celebration.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2011/05/05/pol-albrecht.html

My condolences to Mr. Albrecht and his family.

---

About Ignatieff's departure. Personally, I see it as a happy occasion especially following a majority Conservative win and the Liberals' catastrophic loss. The Liberals can now begin to pick up the pieces and try to salvage their party. I don't know if a rebirth is possible, but Ignatieff's departure is a good first step. I won't miss him one bit.

Ignatieff gets to walk away, but is he really solely responsible for the liberal defeat? We are left with the liberal party itself, the very same one with the senior executive leadership that invented this frankenstein. Shell-shocked Liberals, now remnant and scattered across the land, should do the right thing and hang themselves by their necks, until their party is most truley and thoroughly dead.

We, the living, then promise to give them a decent funeral, decent for liberals allow, while promising to prevent desecration of the stinking corpse. A little desecration is very likely inevitable, however...

We shall then cremate the remains, hoping that from its ashes a new Liberalism will somehow arise, one with a chance to redeem for itself a more pure and noble liberal ideology, suitable to our loand, this place and time! Tulta munille!

When I saw the thread title and that Topaz had started it, I immediately thought this had to do with someone dying. Topaz's threads about a celebrity dying all start with "sad news".

In fact, there was a tragic death this week of the sudden death of a Conservative's wife that is indeed sad news.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2011/05/05/pol-albrecht.html

Tragic? Hardly. It's just one less Conservative vote next time around.

That's a good thing in the bigger picture for Canada.

And this is a 'kinder gentler' Canadian - wow is right, if this represents a liberal no wonder they are in the trash can.

Unbelieveable comment, Rick.

Just goes to show that lefties are the most heartless people around. Typical ignorant hypocrites.

I haven't been around that long. Is Topaz anything more than a troll?

The reason I said sad news was the Tories on here have been attacking Michael since he took over the leadership and things were said like, he(Michael) doesn't care about Canada, he only wants to be PM and he go back to Harvard when this is over. He didn't go to the US, he's staying in Toronto.

He's hanging around for now. There's no way in hell that ego-maniac would give the "right" fodder by moving back to the States immediately. When things settle down and he is mostly forgotten (like Dion), then he'll quietly slip over the border and back to teaching and writing another book about his successes in politics.

He's hanging around for now. There's no way in hell that ego-maniac would give the "right" fodder by moving back to the States immediately. When things settle down and he is mostly forgotten (like Dion), then he'll quietly slip over the border and back to teaching and writing another book about his successes in politics.

This guys worth say I don't know maybe 20-30 million.

He probably has vacation properties down south or just goes on vacation for 6 months of the year so he can do whatever he wants.

Do you really believe he cares about what you think?

Harper is going to miss his easy punching bag.

Harper will probably start slapping around Flarety or his wife or something

I like to see how he's going to tackle Jack now

WWWTT

He probably has vacation properties down south or just goes on vacation for 6 months of the year so he can do whatever he wants.

WWWTT

Actually, it's going to be easier to tackle Jack now. He doesn't care if Jack votes against his legislation now. As many commentators have said, Jack was way more powerful before Monday.

Ignatieff gets to walk away, but is he really solely responsible for the liberal defeat? We are left with the liberal party itself, the very same one with the senior executive leadership that invented this frankenstein. Shell-shocked Liberals, now remnant and scattered across the land, should do the right thing and hang themselves by their necks, until their party is most truley and thoroughly dead.

We, the living, then promise to give them a decent funeral, decent for liberals allow, while promising to prevent desecration of the stinking corpse. A little desecration is very likely inevitable, however...

We shall then cremate the remains, hoping that from its ashes a new Liberalism will somehow arise, one with a chance to redeem for itself a more pure and noble liberal ideology, suitable to our loand, this place and time! Tulta munille!

Dammit, that really choked mee up. :(:(

As for Iggy not going back to the USofA, maybe they don't want him back - either.

Actually, it's going to be easier to tackle Jack now. He doesn't care if Jack votes against his legislation now. As many commentators have said, Jack was way more powerful before Monday.

Your out to lunch buddy!

No kidding harper doesn't care how Jack votes

But once the gun registry is gone, so are all the reasons to vote for the reform party

WWWTT

Your out to lunch buddy!

No kidding harper doesn't care how Jack votes

But once the gun registry is gone, so are all the reasons to vote for the reform party

WWWTT

Please don't call me buddy.

Guest Derek L

Your out to lunch buddy!

WWWTT

Well, there is the F-35....even though my LMT.N stock has been going up since tuesday, I'd like the rise in price once the government signs the deal so much more...

WWWTT

Should be easy, Jack being so "disabled" and needing a cane.

Ignatieff is the one who said he'd go back to Harvard if he didn't win. The Conservatives were simply quoting him.