Ontario Fall election

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He should resign.

Well he hasn't. In any case, Dalton lost his first election. So did Harper and Harris. There's something to be said about growing on the job. I wouldn't say that about Dion and Ignatieff, but that's a Liberal problem for selecting duds as leaders.

Edited by capricorn

And yet, he still came out on top.

Yes, and all the pressure that comes with it.

That just proves how bad the Conservatives really did.

How can McGuinty losing 15 seats, probably being held to a minority, be an indictment of the PCs? The PCs, under a newbie leader, increased their seat count by at least 12 seats. And look how well the NDP did.

He should have lost, and he almost got another majority (he's so close, he might as well have had one).

Close only counts in horseshoes. :P

Gotta go McGuinty speaks.

Yeah, just like Dalton after his first election as leader of the Ontario Liberal Party.

You Con's better find out a way,like tout de suit,on how to stop being the rural rump of Ontario...

Because,at the moment,that's all you are....

Edited by Jack Weber

McGuinty's been at 53 seats for at least 2 hours...

Yippee!!! The Sun just got a hot scoop....

:rolleyes::D

At least Sun TV didn't interrupt election coverage like CTV did to broadcast The Mentalist. And the CBC, you know, the taxpayer funded network that's supposed to work to inform and unite the Canadian public didn't even cover the Ontario elections.

At least Sun TV didn't interrupt election coverage like CTV did to broadcast The Mentalist. And the CBC, you know, the taxpayer funded network that's supposed to work to inform and unite the Canadian public didn't even cover the Ontario elections.

Yippee fricken skippee...

I don't watch SunTV at all...I don't care what they said!

I did see Ontario Votes on CBC Newsworld...

I watched on TVO...

Hudak blew it. Not sure how he let his lead slip away in an election where McGuinty wasn't popular.

He should resign. The campaign could have played it up the middle and won.

Whoever was running his campaign thought it was still the nasty nineties and they were writing for Mike Harris. The appeal to basest inhumanity doesn't fly anymore. He'll need new campaign leaders ... or a new wife. :)

Though it pains me to say so ... the popular vote was a lot closer than the seat count, so I expect he'll stay around and maybe mature out of the stupidity ... or the stupid wife. She's a mean nasty bully and pathological liar.

Hey ... given the difference between popular vote and seat count, maybe Hudak will become a supporter of proportionate representation ... if he ever has an original thought of his own, which I doubt.

The problem is Toronto. It is easily "conned" by the provincial Liberals.

Apparently Hamilton and Niagara,other than my wayward riding sadly,is'nt believing Con BS...

Neither down Windsor way...Neither The North...

It seems your boys message only rings true in areas where there are more fields than brains...