Has the quality of this forum gone down

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am against the Hate crimes laws that specifically protect Jews or homosexuals.

How come?

Every group, every individual should be protected from hate crimes that are commited because of someone's race, country of origin, sexual preference .

Alright. So it's just not Jews and Homosexuals who should be protected, but everybody.

I'm for that.

It doesn't take anything away from Jews to say that others should have an extra degree added on to their crime for doing it out of identified hatred.

Why should it be against the law to attack someone for being Jewish?

Oooooops.

Did you really mean to say that?

Does that mean that it is different or acceptable to commit these crimes if the person is being attacked because he is an Iraqi, an Iran, or a Palestinian or even an American. Why do we need a specific law to protect only the Jewish race/religion. All groups or individuals should be equally protected from hate crimes.

Okay.

So you want muslims to be protected, but not Jews?

It stifles discussion regarding issues in Israel.

You know, there are many Canadian Jews who are not Israeli.

So, hate speech should be allowed against them?

I am tired of being called a racist whenever I criticize any Israeli government action.

Attacking Israeli policy and Jews are two different things.

Attacking Israel as a means for attacking Jews in Canada though is really, really invalid and off base.

I don't like being called anti American for criticizing Bush. Bush may be president but he does not represent all Americans. Much of the American support of Bush initiatives were founded on lies and propaganda. We are too complacent here in North America. We believe that as we are a democracies and such civilized countries that our governments would not lie or feed us propaganda. Many tend to believe that only the other guys do that.

Agreed.

It's called Republicanism.

It's pretty incidious.

The last time I checked, there wasn't a problem with homosexuals waitint outside of churches to beat Christians with bats.

takeanumber, this is because we invite them in. Many churches now have same sex blessings and others are reaching out to the gay community. I am not theologian but churches are there to minister to communities and not harm them. I welcome my gay friends to join me at church and like any other friend of mine sometimes they come and sometimes they don’t. Gay people are the same as the rest of us, why are you determined to use them to divide our communities. ;)

takeanumber, this is because we invite them in. Many churches now have same sex blessings and others are reaching out to the gay community. I am not theologian but churches are there to minister to communities and not harm them. I welcome my gay friends to join me at church and like any other friend of mine sometimes they come and sometimes they don’t. Gay people are the same as the rest of us, why are you determined to use them to divide our communities.

Or use Jews...

Or use Blacks......

Or use Women......

Or use Christains

Or use gun Owners

Or use Westerners

etc etc

How about if a person kills another person in the first degree, we punish them equaly?

• Forum Admin

It is funny how just this weekend I was bragging to a group of people about how I think the MLW forums are easily the best forums on the Net. I was saying how great (and rare) it is to find a place on the Net where everyone treats everyone else with respect and dignity and how little I have to actually moderate the discussion.

And then I come back to this pathetic drivel?

I am going to ignore this whole thread and everything in it and I suggest everyone else does the same. If for some reason you want to continue this discussion, please send me a PM and I will direct you to one of those other forums where disruptive and ignorant posts are valued over well thought-out and respectful posts.

Greg.....thanks. I couldn't agree with you.

I was going to start another thread saying how much better things are now, here at Mapleleafweb. Now we have a more balanced approach, getting opinions from across the political spectrum, rather than the basically one-sided forum it appeared to be when I first started posting.

Quite frankly, concerning the person who started this thread, I now neither read nor respond to his posts. ;)