Bush Pulling Even With Obama

No, you are only continuing the ideology of tax revenue. It's not the government's money. Deficits are not caused by tax cuts to "millionaires and billionaires". Deficits are caused by government spending over and above revenues.

That makes no sense. Defecits are an imbalance between accounts payable and accounts recievable. They are effected by changes on either end. Tax cuts can result in lower revenues which will result in higher defecits if they arent accompanied by matching spending cuts.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope and Change has met Reality, and former President George Bush can smirk all he wants now:

I wonder what would happen if you took this poll worldwide. My guess is that Bush wouldn't be smirking at all. It seems to me that the people that don't like Obama are Republicans in the US and wannabe Republicans on this board!

Tax cuts can result in lower revenues which will result in higher defecits if they arent accompanied by matching spending cuts.

That's not true. Tax cuts leave more money with individuals and businesses in the private sector. Those funds get spent and invested in the regular cycle of money. It gets spent, and taxed, spent, and taxed, spent, and taxed, several times over.

I wonder what would happen if you took this poll worldwide. My guess is that Bush wouldn't be smirking at all. It seems to me that the people that don't like Obama are Republicans in the US and wannabe Republicans on this board!

Of course you wonder, but "worldwide" polls don't mean dick in this context. Get your own presidents to play with. Sheesh....

That makes no sense. Defecits are an imbalance between accounts payable and accounts recievable. They are effected by changes on either end. Tax cuts can result in lower revenues which will result in higher defecits if they arent accompanied by matching spending cuts.

US states (49 of them) must balance their budgets (annual or bi-annual)....not so the US federal government, which actually plans (fiscal budget) to have deficits.

US states (49 of them) must balance their budgets (annual or bi-annual)....not so the US federal government, which actually plans (fiscal budget) to have deficits.

I thought there was only 23 states with balance budget laws?

My bad apparently everyone other then Vermont.

Edited by punked

That's not true. Tax cuts leave more money with individuals and businesses in the private sector. Those funds get spent and invested in the regular cycle of money. It gets spent, and taxed, spent, and taxed, spent, and taxed, several times over.

Ah....Neoliberal economics to the rescue!!!

Because there was an American CNN poll of American voters about American presidents Bush and Obama (also American, as required by US Constitution). I wasn't polled, and neither was the rest of the "world"....sorry.

Imagine my audacity for wondering such a thing...

USA! USA! US....ah screw it.

Ah....Neoliberal economics to the rescue!!!

Its a silly claim of course. I guess these people must think that if the government cut tax rates to zero they would have more revenue :blink: Its true that in certain environments lowering taxes can lead to increased revenue... But I wouldnt count on anyone who touts this as some sort of Universal Truth passing a grade 1 math test.

The above statement is as short sighted as saying if the government raises taxes to 100% they would have more revenue.

No there must be a balance. You can't take people a 100% you can't tax them 0% either. However something you ignore is that US grew the fastest when the top tax bracket was 90%. Hmmmm.

No there must be a balance. You can't take people a 100% you can't tax them 0% either. However something you ignore is that US grew the fastest when the top tax bracket was 90%. Hmmmm.

When the federal government get pissed off they WILL harm you and tax you 100%...it's like the proverbial biblical beast..they put you into a position where you can not "buy or sell"...taxing should be voluntary...as should be charity..forced charity is exactly liked forced taxing...Why is there a system that cripples the poor even further finacially - and enriches the rich who contribute nothing?

The above statement is as short sighted as saying if the government raises taxes to 100% they would have more revenue.

If that was a reply to my post you didnt even read it. I never said government could raise taxes to 100% that they would have more revenue. The government will get the most revenue if they set the tax rates correctly.

The statement I was replying to was a simplistic political slogan... nothing more... its sometimes true, and it sometimes isnt.

Guess that hopee changee thingee isn't going too well these days... I suppose when the dems. lose their majority in November it will be a ho hum, do nothing session until 2012. Maybe that's the best they can hope for until then. ( do nothing as opposed to - more Obama )

His whole economic team has left him after only 20 months in office. They see the train wreck, and they want no part of it. I can't say I blame them.

And now Ralm (sp) Emanuel is gone too.

• 2 weeks later...