Heil Harper!

It's funny that I'm now "people like you". In real life people think I'm some free-love pot-smoking hippy feminist. But here on the interweb I'm apparently some kind of wild-eyed FreeDominion type or something.
Welcome to the club. I have had similar thoughts.

In real life, I'm a reasonable, open-minded human being. (After all, I live in Montreal). Here, I'm a NeoCon Radical GunLoving Anti-Gay Pro-Harper Conservative, or something.

I hardly think this photoshopped image is a matter that merits its own thread. It does though speak volumes about the poster who thought it was a worthy topic.

Oh please judge me!

This is possibly the most important topic posted on here since the last federal election. In fact, this topic itself should be an election issue! :P

Whoa whoa, my picture is vastly more hilarious than any of those pictures because Harper is in a pretty accurate Nazi salute pose, and in front of a mic/podium making a speech to boot. A pic of Harper just sitting in a chair with his arms folded & a mustache drawn wouldn't be very funny.

It's not funny really, typical left wing hypocrisy.

:)

what the hell are you talking about? Have you not seen the posters of hitler-Obama waved around at Tea-Party rallies and such? (which raises serious questions about your charge of "hypocrisy," yes?)

All of this has nothing whatsoever to do with "the left." It's overwrought political polemics made visual, and is thoroughly a bipartisan effort.

I think some of you guys need to get a little perspective on your hysterical left-hatred.

Edited by bloodyminded

:)

I think some of you guys need to get a little perspective on your hysterical left-hatred.

According to Ignatieff, Liberals are at the very exact centre of politics in Canada so left-hatred wouldn't apply to the Liberals. We have left-hatred and right-hatred but we don't yet have centre-hatred. I can see that being in the centre is an enviable position to be in.

According to Ignatieff, Liberals are at the very exact centre of politics in Canada so left-hatred wouldn't apply to the Liberals. We have left-hatred and right-hatred but we don't yet have centre-hatred. I can see that being in the centre is an enviable position to be in.

I'm not talking about Ignatieff's views. I'm talking about the sober political philosophy of some on this board, whose trenchant analysis can be summed up this way:

"The Left! The Left! The Left! The Left! The Left!"

Edited by bloodyminded

I'm talking about the sober political philosophy of some on this board, whose trenchant analysis can be summed up this way:

"The Left! The Left! The Left! The Left! The Left!"

I see. "It's the right...it's the left...it's the right..." and so on. I've learned to pretty well skip over that stuff. I look for novel thinking, common sense and truth. As a bonus, sanity peeks through once in a while. :)

It's all very stupid, both the image and the people trying to make it out as typical of "the left."

It would be equally stupid to say that the photoshopped hitlerfication of Obama was typical of "the right."

It's just stupid, and this forum shows perfectly well how there are very, very stupid people on both sides.

And the further you go to the extreme ends of the ideological spectrum, the more you'll find.

Nonetheless, stupid is often funny too.

Hitler...heh, heh.

Whoa whoa, my picture is vastly more hilarious than any of those pictures because Harper is in a pretty accurate Nazi salute pose, and in front of a mic/podium making a speech to boot. A pic of Harper just sitting in a chair with his arms folded & a mustache drawn wouldn't be very funny.

I think it has potential to be funny for the reasons you stated, but a better job on the mustache might make it funnier. The George W picture is funny to me because it looks enough like a real photograph to make you do a bit of a double take, and the face he's making is a bit out of character for Hitler but not completely so (senile/confused Hitler?)