Turning US/Canada into Europe

mikedavid00

I heard about this on that Russian news station. An intellectual of some sort said that he believed the US would break up into 4 countries due to growing cultural differences. He was seriously about it too citing historical evidence etc.

After all the Glen Beck protests and all the tea parties, maybe there is something to this. After all I've reached a point that I want to move to another country or area and leave this province. This place is no longer my home and I already feel like I'm living in another 3rd world shite hole.

I would love to see the east coast separate into their own country and create new provinces. Quebec and Ontario would be separated also. Northern Ontario would sperate into its own state. Who knows what would happen out West. I would lump California in the BC.

You know it's not really such a big deal to separate into smaller countries and share a similar currency. Some countries would have private health care (Quebec), some would have no taxes. ALL would have their own immigration policy and we'll see how much Ontario with it's limited revenues are going to be allowing immigrants from the 3rd world to wander in.

The federal gov't is bad in general and the smaller the country, the less powerful they are (ie military, big spending, huge federal buildings, etc).

For instance, Ontario makes a lot of its money through the federal gov't protected banking. We'll see how long that lasts when a neighboring country like 'Manitoba And Saskatchewan' open up various loop holes to ensure banking moves there. This kind of competition is a good thing.

I'm all for separating Canada and the US into smaller countries and sharing a currency. The good that would come out of it is too numerous to list. One thing for sure though, we would embrace our own culture. I'm talking local native culture. East Coast, Prairies, etc. In my estimation, the East Coast would fair the best in Canada and the west would be the most wealthy in the US.

What do you think?

After all the Glen Beck protests and all the tea parties, maybe there is something to this. After all I've reached a point that I want to move to another country or area and leave this province. This place is no longer my home and I already feel like I'm living in another 3rd world shite hole.

what makes you think another country will take you?

what makes you think Canadians in other provinces will accept your views?

maybe you could try Alabama...

The world is headed in the opposite direction: bigger confederations and multinational entities. Just look at the EU and how the European nations are tying closer together. It's Europe that is changing into the US: the United States of Europe, just give it a while.

The world is headed in the opposite direction: bigger confederations and multinational entities. Just look at the EU and how the European nations are tying closer together. It's Europe that is changing into the US: the United States of Europe, just give it a while.

So said Leon Trotsky...

So said Leon Trotsky...

Did he? Shrug. As communists go, he wasn't so bad. That's why Stalin had him murdered.

Anyway, I'm just going by what's happening in Europe. Closer cooperation on trade, currency, movement across borders, employment, economic measures, banking, diplomacy, foreign policy, attempts at creating a constitution, etc. These are all steps towards a more and more tightly bound union. They are doing it very slowly and cautiously, unlike how it happened in the US, but it is nevertheless headed in the same direction. None of this is a bad thing necessarily by the way. Larger states, especially if they are formed through the willing union of their members, can provide greater stability, enable greater opportunity, variety, and quality of life for their people, more capably fund major undertakings like large scientific projects, and more capably defend themselves against potential foes.

IF, and only IF, you believe in the World Order plan, Canada, US and Mexico will be come one but it doesn't included Quebec, who will be on their own. This all is suppose happen after the US dollar becomes worthless becsuse of the massive debt it carries. The 3 countries leader get together and bring the North American Union into being. So turning US/Canada into Europe?...it COULD be Europe Union= North American Union. If Canada's debt keeps going up will be be in trouble as much as the US is now. Do I believe this, do plane fly into buildings? Only when its planned.

Guest American Woman

It's Europe that is changing into the US: the United States of Europe, just give it a while.

I think you're right. When I was in Europe right after the EU first came into being, when the US dollar was actually valued a bit higher than the Euro, I was told by a lot of people that the idea behind the union was to compete with the strength of the U.S. and I think there is strength in uniting. I think it's going to be a more difficult long term accomplishment for the EU, though, because there are so many leaders of individual nations involved. Ultimately, it seems to me, each would look out for their own nation's best interest first over the interest of the Union as a whole.

I think it's going to be a more difficult long term accomplishment for the EU, though, because there are so many leaders of individual nations involved. Ultimately, it seems to me, each would look out for their own nation's best interest first over the interest of the Union as a whole.

Definitely, it's going to be a slow and cautious process, mired with difficulties. But many nations in Europe, especially the poorer ones, see significant benefits from drawing into a closer union with the others. Hence why so many eastern European nations were so anxious to join the EU. Meanwhile the richer nations like Germany, the UK, and France have greater influence in the union and thus can be drawn in whenever they think that by drawing closer they can arrange things more beneficially for themselves. Like when Germany agreed to switch to the Euro in exchange for the EU agreeing to many of its proposals on fiscal/economic policy. It's going to be a long game of politicking but I think it's definitely going to keep drawing closer and closer, as well as adding a few more neighbors.

can provide greater stability, enable greater opportunity, variety, and quality of life for their people,

So larger populated countries will provide a greater quality of life to their citizens.

There are factual statements, and then idealism. You just spouted off an idealism that made sense to you at the moment, but anyone who knows anything will tell you that population does not equate to a better quality of life. Go tell that China, Russia, India, etc.

Go to Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands and ask people on the street if they are satisfied with where their live and are happy over all. Ask if 'life is tough'. Then ask the same to someone here in Canada.

We need to start embracing our local cultures and separate into our own nations all through North America. If we have a north american union and common currency, it won't be bad at all.

Europe will always be a collection of smaller countries and cultures with their own immigration policies. I dont see why we can't do the same here in North America.

Now that I'm older I have to say that Quebec got it right all along. Quebec separating is very natural. They'll be in for a shock though when they realize that they have to get tough on welfare, lower taxes, and start to speak English. If they don't, then they'll become a poor country which is good because any lumber for sale will be cheaper for us to buy and it would be cheap for us to visit. The poverty would enhance their culture and the gov't would most likely legalize 'everything' for a quick cash grab. See how well it works out?

Separation works.

Go to Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands and ask people on the street if they are satisfied with where their live and are happy over all. Ask if 'life is tough'. Then ask the same to someone here in Canada.

Yeah, go ask them (in Canada). I think you'd be surprised.