Toronto Municipal Elections 2010

When over time corruption is so gradual and incrimental that as it blossoms into full blown criminality that establishes it self as the accepted status quo- then you know we are in serious trouble - Ford is to stupid to be corrupt - which is good...far as I can see as I mentioned the other day..McGinty is a right wing extremist lacky..Smitherman was and is a henchman..sorry - hench PERSON for the extreme right wing calling themselves left...and... JUST because some jerks are in control of the money supply and run the city like a private feudal estate..and not a nice one - is no reason to persecute Ford - If you pay me like you get payed I will hate Ford also----It's all about the money...not the honour - not the principle...nor even political leanings..all people have a price...and IF you pay me- I will agree with gay marriage and giving crack heads cash for dope that enriches crimminals.

If you pay me...I will be like everyone else...I will be liberal- and NOT liberate the people but assist in oppressing enslaveing and harrassing them..

IF YOU PAY ME..but of course no one is going to pay me.. because big mouths like myself that tell the truth are un-employable in this gayified drug addicted Nazi city.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you were moving? Team up with mikedavid, apparently he needs a new location too, away from the people of colour and you away from all the fags.

I think Oleg is already insulated from those people by thick, padded walls. Not sure how he still gets internet access in there, though.

Edited by Black Dog

I think Oleg is already insulated from those people by thick, padded walls. Not sure how he still gets internet access in there, though.

No, he's in the community as evidenced by his posts detailing his interactions with social services.

The best we can do is to try to keep him positive, failing much of the time.

Wow is that ever interesting to see. Thanks.

Not so sure De-amal is the right idea, perhaps those blue areas are loving the fact that they put His Rotundness in the Mayors chair?

How does purple Toronto feel about that?

BTW, the Globe has a great breakdown by ward showing the strength of each candidates support.

I've read a lot of theories about what this means (transit users vs. drivers/property owners vs.renters), but regardless of the meaning there's no question there's a divide between the core and the 'burbs when it comes to the direction for the city. the questions are: can you reconcile the two and how?

Edited by Black Dog

TO , after the fact seems "meh" as in who cares. Lets see what he can do before we freak out.

Whether Ford is able to acheive his agenda of incoherence or not isn't the point. There's a divide here and any future leaders would do well to understand it.

Can it be that the needs of the core and those of the burbs are simply incompatable?

Election breakdown by ward.

Red state, blue state. A strong argument for de-amalgmation IMO.

Looks like a strong case of "I lost, so I wanna take my ball and go home"-itis. Get over it. Your candidate lost. That's democracy. Run a better candidate next time, and they might win. Not one who's responsible for wasting a billion dollars during a time when fiscal issues are paramount to most voters. Also, selecting a candidate that isn't a total a-hole would help too! :lol:

I'm not talking about municipal boundaries here. The burbs fall under the entity of the City of Toronto, but that doesn't mean the issues of improtance to those in Parkdale or downtown are the same as those in Etobicoke.

I know that, I was born and raised here.

But they are , for the most part, the same issues whether one lives in Parkdale (ok add in the hookers) or The Kingsway.

We all want the city to work, transit improved , nickel and diming to death stopped and so on.

But how.....well, we all want to know that.

Looks like a strong case of "I lost, so I wanna take my ball and go home"-itis. Get over it. Your candidate lost. That's democracy. Run a better candidate next time, and they might win. Not one who's responsible for wasting a billion dollars during a time when fiscal issues are paramount to most voters.

Again, *I* didn't lose since I wasn't running. Nor am *I* responsible for the selection of candidates available.

Also, selecting a candidate that isn't a total a-hole would help too! :lol:

But...the total asshole won. :huh:

By the way Shady: any comment on the victor's platform? Anything of substance to contribute?

Yeah. I didn't think so.

I know that, I was born and raised here.

But they are , for the most part, the same issues whether one lives in Parkdale (ok add in the hookers) or The Kingsway.

We all want the city to work, transit improved , nickel and diming to death stopped and so on.

But how.....well, we all want to know that.

If so, how does that explain the clear divions in electoral choice between them? How can two groups with teh same concerns consistetly fail to come to an accord on a candidate to represent them?

If so, how does that explain the clear divions in electoral choice between them? How can two groups with teh same concerns consistetly fail to come to an accord on a candidate to represent them?

Maybe people in the burbs really are stupid? ;)

I do not know to be honest. There must be something, but nothing I read could be construed as pitting burb vs inner city

I do not know to be honest. There must be something, but nothing I read could be construed as pitting burb vs inner city

Maybe the issues are the same (transit, taxes etc) but the conclusions ar every different. Why would a suburbanite care about bike lanes, for example?

The inner city is just a tad more debauched than the burbs...This debachery is misconstrued as some sort of sophistication. Be happy my friends that we have a new mayor that is to stupid to believe himself to be too clever to add to institutional corruption...people assume that evil is clever. I have always said that stupidity and evil are brother and sister...Ford will do well if the GOOD people of toronto manage this public servant. Miller was NOT in public service - nor is McGinty...If you want to have a great town- YOU have to make it great..Protect Ford from the disgruntled liberal monopolists - that is you duty.