Burn a Qu'ran Day.

Christian nut-jobs calling attention to the dangers of Islam is like vipers trying to point out the dangers of scorpions.

-k

{or Paulie Shore complaining about how annoying Gilbert Gottfried is.}

Or when Dancer references international law in certain topics but then he tries to justify Israel's violations of it.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TrueMetis

1. Get a bible

2. Get a camera

3. Roll camera

4. Burn bible.

5. Upload video to youtube

6. ????

7. Profit.

8. Get several thousand to several hundred thousands of death threats. Which actually might fit number 6 better because it would lead to a lot of views and potential ad revenue from your Youtube vid.

Edited by TrueMetis

Stupidity is reaching the point where I wont be suprised if theres violence soon. People are trying pretty damn hard to get each other riled up.

And you know... extremist muslims going at it with extremist Christians... thats almost a sport I could be a fan of! Sorta like when I hear about gang members gunning each other down... its like "Sweeeet!!!". The problem of course is that innocent people will get caught in the crossfire.

What Id really like to see is all the militant conservative Christians and the militant conservative Muslims crowded into some sort of stadium where they can eviserate each other without anyone else getting hurt... while I drink beer and eat hot-dogs. What could be better than THAT!!!?

What Id really like to see is all the militant conservative Christians and the militant conservative Muslims crowded into some sort of stadium where they can eviserate each other

That wouldn't be fair. Because the conservative Christians would be outnumbered 100 - 1. I find it odd though, that you're wishing death on people just exercising their constitutional rights. I'm wondering who the actual extremists are. Perhaps you need a mirror? Surely if flag burning is protected speech, so is Koran burning. Which sounds kinda fun! :lol:

That wouldn't be fair. Because the conservative Christians would be outnumbered 100 - 1. I find it odd though, that you're wishing death on people just exercising their constitutional rights. I'm wondering who the actual extremists are. Perhaps you need a mirror? Surely if flag burning is protected speech, so is Koran burning. Which sounds kinda fun! :lol:

Why do you hate beer and hotdogs?

Look... the conservatives in each religion are just chomping at the bit to start shit with each other. All Im saying is "Lets get it on!". Theres some real entertainment value here... and if we stuff em all in a big stadium than nobody else will get hurt. Im envisioning an entertainment spectacle like nothing seen before... pay per view sales alone would be in the billions!

A fight of the arch-conservatives? :)

Unfortunately, such people tend to be a bit too delicate, easily offended and so on, so it might not amount to much.

Ours will say "Mohammad sucks!"; theirs will maybe insult "the troops" or something; and both sides will fall to the ground in tantrums.

Edited by bloodyminded

A fight of the arch-conservatives? :)

Unfortunately, such people tend to be a bit too delicate, easily offended and so on, so it might not amount to much.

Ours will say "Mohammad sucks!"; theirs will maybe insult "the troops" or something; and both sides will fall to the ground in tantrums.

CONSERVA-DOME!

If they wont fight well toss the occasional homosexual in there to stoke their religious rage. :lol:

As long as they own the books in question they are free to do whatever they want with them, including burning. The negative connotation of book burnings relates to when theocratic (or other totalitarian) powers forcefully confiscated and destroyed books, in an attempt to destroy dissenting knowledge or culture. However, if someone (or some group) just has some books and wants to burn them, I say go for it.

Guest American Woman

As long as they own the books in question they are free to do whatever they want with them, including burning.

Exactly. I can't get any more worked up about this than I have about Muslims burning bibles in the past. And I don't recall any threads about that. <_<

As long as they own the books in question they are free to do whatever they want with them, including burning. The negative connotation of book burnings relates to when theocratic (or other totalitarian) powers forcefully confiscated and destroyed books, in an attempt to destroy dissenting knowledge or culture. However, if someone (or some group) just has some books and wants to burn them, I say go for it.

Yeah I dont have a problem with the burning of some fake holy books per say... but it DOES make me nervous that the worlds retards are going out of their way to get each other riled up, because if Christians and Muslims decide to go at it, lots of decent people will get caught in the crossfire.

Exactly. I can't get any more worked up about this than I have about Muslims burning bibles in the past. And I don't recall any threads about that. <_<

Neither can I. Apparently Muslims have ascended to royalty in our society. One cannot utter a bad word, a protest, mocking, or do anything that might upset them. :rolleyes:

Guest American Woman

Neither can I. Apparently Muslims have ascended to royalty in our society. One cannot utter a bad word, a protest, mocking, or do anything that might upset them. :rolleyes:

I was just pointing out that there has been plenty of Bible burning going on, though I don't think anyone here felt the need to start a thread about it, but it doesn't bother me in the least. I put it in the same category as flag burning. All they're doing is destroying a symbol. Burning the flag does nothing to change what it stands for and burning a Bible or a Koran doesn't change anything regarding the religions or people's beliefs.

It's a rather pointless exercise, to my way of thinking.