Senior NDPer denies Israel's right to exist

So you support ethnically cleansing a future Palestinian state of Jews through dismantling of "settlements"? Deal, let's first start with deporting all Arabs and Muslims from Israel to some other country in the form of a population exchange.

Don't remember saying that. I seem to remember ISREAL dismantling settlements 21 settlements in Gaza and four in the West Bank over the last 10 years with out any ethnic cleansing. Oh yeah you are just as uneducated as Davis on this one.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should try a reading a book sometime. I have Carter's "Peace not Apartheid" audiobook if you're interested...

God I have read many Carter books including Peace not Apartheid, as well as those of Dershowitz. Doesn't mean I am any closer to understanding how to solve the crisis. Canadian leaders would ill advised to jump into that hornets nest that is for sure.

Ummmmm to you it wasn't hateful. To a Palestinian living in occupied Jerusalem it was very hateful. That might be why he sent Stanfield to clean up his mess and why he never moved the embassy.

How would they have felt if the arab league hadn't attacked in 1948 and jerusalem was adminsistered by the UN as originally planned?

fact is, Israel's government resides in Jerusalem. Jerusalem is the capital of Israel.

Arab members of the Knesset meet and sit in Jerusalem. The Knesset is not in East J, nor was there any plan for an embassy to locate to east J.

Edited by M.Dancer

This woman is a blithering idiot. How does she figure that Israel's been an occupying force since 1948? Does she even know history? Her views are either based on very little knowledge, or anti-semetism, and she reminds me of the recently and thankfully retired Helen Thomas in the United States.

How would they have felt if the arab league hadn't attacked in 1948 and jerusalem was adminsistered by the UN as originally planned?

fact is, Israel's government resides in Jerusalem. Jerusalem is the capital of Israel.

Arab members of the Knesset meet and sit in Jerusalem. The Knesset is not in East J, nor was there any plan for an embassy to locate to east J.

Why didn't Joe Clark move the embassy then? Ohhhh yes because half the world thought it a hateful move. Again you don't think it hateful doesn't mean others don't.

This woman is a blithering idiot. How does she figure that Israel's been an occupying force since 1948? Does she even know history? Her views are either based on very little knowledge, or anti-semetism, and she reminds me of the recently and thankfully retired Helen Thomas in the United States.

She clearly doesn't know the history in terms of dates. You know I could care less because no one is going to solve that problem, much less the Canadian government should not be involved.

http://archives.cbc.ca/politics/prime_ministers/topics/2149-13104/

Again just because you think something doesn't mean there isn't another side.

PS I am a huge Clark fan I really liked him. Voted for him the first time I voted.

Could you actually link where half the world says it is hatefull...cause the link you gave doesn't say that or anything near that.

The Arab league back by Russia and China at the time said as much.

Are you serious? You think Russia and China have ever had creditiblity on this issue? Or any humanitarian issue? Do you not see the political motivations behind China and Russia's regular hostility to Israel? How can you be this obtuse?

Are you serious? You think Russia and China have ever had creditiblity on this issue? Or any humanitarian issue? Do you not see the political motivations behind China and Russia's regular hostility to Israel? How can you be this obtuse?

That wasn't what I said. I said half the world looked at it as a hateful act. Again I voted for Clark I supported Clark I still like Clark. I think it was a dumb promise and I think our politicians would do Canada a favor by staying out of it. I think Davis not knowing the history of the region makes her look dumb, good thing I never vote for someone based on their stance of Israel (out side of them being an AntiSemite, or a Muslim hater I don't tolerate hate).

Again you are not qualifying what I said. All I said was many saw that as a hateful move at the time.

No one saw it as hateful...Most saw it a politically stupid....are you trying to compare the two events? Are you saying that Davis is an ignorant sow?

...cause if you are, I am prepared to meet you half way...

Edited by M.Dancer

Most saw it a politically stupid....are you trying to compare the two events? Are you saying that Davis is an ignorant sow?

No because I don't think Clark an ignorant sow. I am saying Canadian politicians should but out of the situation. It isn't our job to go around telling other countries with complex histories who is right and who is wrong. If they ask for our help maybe but they haven't neither side has.

As for your assertion of no one seeing it as hateful, again a number of nations forced Clark into back peddling for that very reason.

Edited by punked

Personally I think it makes sense to have our embassy located in the city which a given country has declared as its capital city...

As for that ugly NDP lady, who cares? Not like the views of the far left on Israel are a secret.

Edited by Bonam

I don't see what was so over the top about what Ms. Davies said (and you won't see me say that about any NDPer very often). It was a lot more rational that I expected considering the furor it's generating. If anything, I'd say she was deliberately careful not to say anything incendiary, no small feat with that videographer trying desperately to put words into her mouth. Granted, she's clearly getting her dates mixed up, but I'm not seeing where she said most of what she's being accused of.

I don't see what was so over the top about what Ms. Davies said (and you won't see me say that about any NDPer very often). It was a lot more rational that I expected considering the furor it's generating. If anything, I'd say she was deliberately careful not to say anything incendiary, no small feat with that videographer trying desperately to put words into her mouth. Granted, she's clearly getting her dates mixed up, but I'm not seeing where she said most of what she's being accused of.

The videographer was asking her softball question. There was nothing disingenuous about his line of questioning. The point of the video is that there is such profound ignorance among a politician who is vocal towing the anti-Israeli line of propaganda. She knows nothing about the conflict, and should admit to her own ignorance.