Senior NDPer denies Israel's right to exist

The videographer was asking her softball question. There was nothing disingenuous about his line of questioning. The point of the video is that there is such profound ignorance among a politician who is vocal towing the anti-Israeli line of propaganda. She knows nothing about the conflict, and should admit to her own ignorance.

But you don't have to know about the conflict to know you want Palestine children to have food do you? She was out protesting the embargo.

Honestly the worlds of Tommy Douglas come to mind here when the FBI trumped up Charges on his daughter for giving money to a breakfast program run by the black panthers.

"I am proud that my daughter believes, as I do, that hungry children should be fed whether they are Black Panthers or White Republicans"

He was right then.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you must have thought no one would look at the video, because all it does it show what a pathetic liar you are.

I guess then after you claim to have seen the video, and heard her statements. I am forced to assume you are a half wit.

But you don't have to know about the conflict to know you want Palestine children to have food do you? She was out protesting the embargo.

Honestly the worlds of Tommy Douglas come to mind here when the FBI trumped up Charges on his daughter for giving money to a breakfast program run by the black panthers.

"I am proud that my daughter believes, as I do, that hungry children should be fed whether they are Black Panthers or White Republicans"

He was right then.

Palestinian children have food. Her visits to the West Bank and Gaza are well-orchestrated propaganda affairs, of which she is a willing participant.

As for your assertion of no one seeing it as hateful, again a number of nations forced Clark into back peddling for that very reason.

That is clearly not the reason why Clark reversed the decision.

M. Dancer I think the title is misleading, as I don't think this Davies lady knows the difference between '48 and '67. This video merely illustrates her ignorance (and by extension, the extreme ignorance of many in the anti-Israel camp) of the subject.

Palestinian children have food. Her visits to the West Bank and Gaza are well-orchestrated propaganda affairs, of which she is a willing participant.

More then 1800 Palestinian children had been wounded in one month last year according to WHO. Give me a break please. I understand Israel's, problems as the best I can but lets not pretend the children in Gaza and West Bank live some sort of normal lives. They struggle and this is where most NDP members look when they land on the side Davis finds herself on.

The videographer was asking her softball question.

No he wasn't, those were deliberate attempts to get a "gotcha" quote, when she repeatedly said that those are NOT her views, that she's not the one to even answer such questions, and that she didn't appreciate the line of questioning.

She knows nothing about the conflict, and should admit to her own ignorance.

She did in the video, several times.

No he wasn't, those were deliberate attempts to get a "gotcha" quote, when she repeatedly said that those are NOT her views, that she's not the one to even answer such questions, and that she didn't appreciate the line of questioning.

She did in the video, several times.

Glad I am not the only who saw that in the video. I think you find this to be true of most Canadians including those in Ottawa. Just as Joe Clark did when he made a stupid promise.

Edited by punked

More then 1800 Palestinian children had been wounded in one month last year according to WHO. Give me a break please. I understand Israel's, problems as the best I can but lets not pretend the children in Gaza and West Bank live some sort of normal lives. They struggle and this is where most NDP members look when they land on the side Davis finds herself on.

Wounded? Care to provide some context to that? Wounded how and why?

More generally, the hardship people experience in Israel is the fault of Gazans and their supporters. End of story.

Then why did he?

Because the offical position of the government of the time had been that east jerusalem was occupied. The embassy move went against Canadian ploicy which mirrored the UN position. Canada wanted to be seen as neutral and moving the embassy would comprimise that position.

How is that? He asked her about her position on some issues, none of his question were loaded or biased. She got agitated because of her own ignorance. She has taken a passionate position that is clearly anti-Israel, and when asked for details her own ignorance led to her getting flustered. Full stop on your bullshit. Nothing the kid asked was loaded or misleading. His questions were broad, and if she didn't know details she could admit it more readily. Her excuse for her ignorance "I"m not there"... well, if you need to be there to have an opinion, why is she commenting at all?

Edited by Bob

M. Dancer I think the title is misleading, as I don't think this Davies lady knows the difference between '48 and '67. This video merely illustrates her ignorance (and by extension, the extreme ignorance of many in the anti-Israel camp) of the subject.

Bob Rae wouldn't think it misleading...

Liberal MP Bob Rae denounced the comments as “truly appalling.”

“The logical implication of these comments is that Israel has no right to exist,” he said in a statement.

Jacl Layton even might not think it misleading...

The NDP leader had already publicly distanced himself from Davies' comments, calling them a "serious mistake" that contradicts the New Democrats' vision for a two-state solution for Israel and Palestine.

Because the offical position of the government of the time had been that east jerusalem was occupied. The embassy move went against Canadian ploicy which mirrored the UN position. Canada wanted to be seen as neutral and moving the embassy would comprimise that position.

Yeah sure keep telling yourself that. Must be why he sent Standfeild over to strike an agreement. Again our politicians should stay out of it. They can have their opinions but until someone asks for our help they should all respond "no comment". It is to complex of situation for our government be it Conservative, Liberal, or NDP to get tangled up in. We have bigger problems at home.

Yep it is the children's fault gotcha.

Did I say that? No, I didn't. If Gazans want to have commerce with Israel (vital to their economic security), then they need to accept Israel as a Jewish state and stop their hostility, violence, and incitement. Is that too much to ask for? Apparently it is.

Exactly...

She's not sorry for what she said.She's only sorry her wacko ideas were found out...

Actually,she's just sorry...

What wacko ideas? Let medical supplies into Gaza? Stop the occupation? Bring down the wall? Sounds like the same ideas many people on the left have. Carter, Chomsky, and even many on the left in Israel. I mean honestly none of her suggestions were wacko, the only she said wrong was the date question I am willing to cut her some slack. Although again I think Israel is a hornets nest none of the political parties should kick. The Conservatives and Liberals don't get that either.

I wonder if Naomi thinks this is OK?

Or is Naomi really Libby?

What wacko ideas? Let medical supplies into Gaza? Stop the occupation? Bring down the wall? Sounds like the same ideas many people on the left have. Carter, Chomsky, and even many on the left in Israel. I mean honestly none of her suggestions were wacko, the only she said wrong was the date question I am willing to cut her some slack. Although again I think Israel is a hornets nest none of the political parties should kick. The Conservatives and Liberals don't get that either.

She tacitly admitted,by pointing out dates,that Israel does'nt have a right to exist.

This is th standard position of the Hamas loving left...

This equates into a wacko position...

How is that? He asked her about her position on some issues, none of his question were loaded or biased. She got agitated because of her own ignorance. She has taken a passionate position that is clearly anti-Israel, and when asked for details her own ignorance led to her getting flustered. Full stop on your bullshit. Nothing the kid asked was loaded or misleading. His questions were broad, and if she didn't know details she could admit it more readily. Her excuse for her ignorance "I"m not there"... well, if you need to be there to have an opinion, why is she commenting at all?

That's a very dishonest position that is not backed up by the video posted in this thread. Do you have some other secret video that shows any of what you are saying?

He was right then.

Wow...

And yet last week you told us that the party had moved on from the salient words and thought of one Tommy Douglas...

Punked,your "progressivity" is beginning to fail you... ;)

Did I say that? No, I didn't. If Gazans want to have commerce with Israel (vital to their economic security), then they need to accept Israel as a Jewish state and stop their hostility, violence, and incitement. Is that too much to ask for? Apparently it is.

I agree.

However if Israel wants those things closing down the boarders so nothing can get in or out because those in Gaza democratically elected someone they didn't like is never gonna get them closer to those things. Which is what Davis was saying. I didn't like when they elected Hamas either but they did, and they did in a democratic election so Israel might want to get over that.

You can't say their will be a settlement freeze in the West Bank in exchange for something then a month later start building settlements. That isn't how it works. It goes two ways over there which again is why I keep saying the situation is complex and we should but out.

She tacitly admitted,by pointing out dates,that Israel does'nt have a right to exist.

This is th standard position of the Hamas loving left...

This equates into a wacko position...

That's assuming she knows the difference between '48 and '67. It seems to me she doesn't. I don't think she knows what she's saying.