More Palestinian Homes Bulldozed...

Naomiglover was too preoccupied to post this, so I thought I would save her the trouble....

Anyway, about 150 homes are on what the government claims is government land even though the residents claim they bought the land from the owner...and they were ordered to leave so that they could be bulldozed. The residents resisted and the police were called and thge clubbing began...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8687974.stm

Remember when the Food for Oil programme was in effect...and funds that were to be used for rebuilding were diverted for Saddam's Palaces...

Edited by M.Dancer

Naomiglover was too preoccupied to post this, so I thought I would save her the trouble....

Anyway, about 150 homes are on what the government claims is government land even though the residents claim they bought the land from the owner...and they were ordered to leave so that they could be bulldozed. The residents resisted and the police were called and thge clubbing began...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8687974.stm

Remember when the Food for Oil programme was in effect...and funds that were to be used for rebuilding were diverted for Saddam's Palaces...

Are you suggesting that an upstanding,human rights abiding,organization...Oh,I dunno...Like Hamas?

Would take peoples money and use it to fund its "Humanitarian Activities"?

Trying to equate Israeli demolition of Palestinian homes, to make way for Jewish homes on Palestinian land to Hamas demolishing Palestinian homes on Palestinian land shows how desperate and how far apologists will go to try to justify violations of international law.

Right because when Israel does it it's "against international law" but when Hamas terrorists do it it's all fine and dandy. Ridiculous.

I never said what Hamas did was right or wrong. It's wrong in the moral sense. Legally, I don't know enough about the situation.

The problem here is Dancer's attempt at equating the 2 situations. Not only is what Israel doing immoral, but it's also illegal under international law, since these homes are on an internationally recognized Palestinian land that Israel is demolishing, making way to building Jewish Only homes.

Edited by naomiglover

Trying to equate Israeli demolition of Palestinian homes, to make way for Jewish homes on Palestinian land to Hamas demolishing Palestinian homes on Palestinian land shows how desperate and how far apologists will go to try to justify violations of international law.

Seeing that you are the first to link Hamas demolishing homes with Israel demolishing homes...yes i agree you desparatly defend the arabs...they don't need your defense..they can abuse each other without your help.

...The problem here is Dancer's attempt at equating the 2 situations. Not only is what Israel doing immoral, but it's also illegal under international law, since these homes are on an internationally recognized Palestinian land that Israel is demolishing, making way to building Jewish Only homes.

Nope...building codes are local...Israel is just removing substandard housing. ;)

Guest American Woman

I never said what Hamas did was right or wrong. It's wrong in the moral sense. Legally, I don't know enough about the situation.

Interesting. So if something is "wrong in the moral sense," but legal, you won't condemn it. When it's Hamas. I can't help but notice that you hold others up to much higher standards/judgments.

Unbelievable.

Interesting. So if something is "wrong in the moral sense," but legal, you won't condemn it. When it's Hamas. I can't help but notice that you hold others up to much higher standards/judgments.

Unbelievable.

It's not unbelievable at all..

She's young,and extremely idealistic...She's also wrong.Perhaps Naomi would like to adress that Fascist thugs in Hamas and praise them for their "indefatiguability",a la George Galloway?

I think Oleg has a crush on her,too... ;)

Edited by Jack Weber

Guest American Woman

It's not unbelievable at all..

She's young,and extremely idealistic...

She doesn't fit my definition of "extremely idealistic" in any sense at all, and she's not all that young; not young enough to excuse such ignorance, at any rate.

Hey, if you don't have the right permit, or if you build over the property line, or if you violate the zoning, it could happen to you too.

-k

{"this land is zoned for Jiiiiihaaaaad!!"}

It's like native Americans returning to New York and sticking the present inhabitants in a vast open air prison camp..wonderful..looks like Israel is not very adaptable to living in the world - as if the world owes them everything...no one has the right to demand rights and deny those rights to others.