Elvis Costello, an anti-semite?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a visible majority..my son, the boybarian, Oedipus Red...he's an invincible minority...he can out run, out wrestle, out babble, out whine, jump farther, laugh louder, burp longer and sleep sounder than any other 6 year old I know...

Oh yeah....

How 'bout farts?

;):lol:

Not really. Buying something for ironic reasons makes sense sometimes, but not when it's something so obscure. How would you prefer me to refer to your skin tone and/or background ? Cosby-like ? Octo-roon ?

I am kidding you, of course, because I take you to be my friend - as far as that goes around here.

If you like, you may refer to my grey pallor - something like that of Mr. Furley on 3s Company - or just call me an ugly duckling. In other words, if I offend then it's unintentional and you should simply eviscerate me in an entertaining way.

My wife likes to be referred to as Mrs. Weber...Full disclosure....She's a few shades darker than I...

As you can see above, this news piece is not only in the Guardian.

This is not the first time you've come out with a post that displays your lack of understanding of anything. Didn't you claim Hamas is a proxy of Islamic Jihad?

Wrongo....

I said that Islamic Jihad was a proxy of the Iranians...Just like Hezbollah...Dancer properly corrected me in stating they were not proxies but brothers in arms...And they have repeatedly funnelled funds and arms to their likeminded friends in Hamas.

By the way,what don't I understand?

That Elvis Costello is washed up?

That he has'nt had a decent tune since well before you were born?

That "Veronica" was a tune I could relate to on a personal level?

And please refrain from using your usual 'You're not making sense" line in your response(assuming you have one)...It's geting tired...

Edited by Jack Weber

Elvis Costello cancels concerts in Israel in protest at treatment of Palestinians

In a statement on his website, Costello explained: "I must believe that the audience for the coming concerts would have contained many people who question the policies of their government on settlement and deplore conditions that visit intimidation, humiliation or much worse on Palestinian civilians in the name of national security.

"I am also keenly aware of the sensitivity of these themes in the wake of so many despicable acts of violence perpetrated in the name of liberation."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/may/18/elvis-costello-cancels-israel-concerts

Recently, Santana and Gil Scott-Heron who were part of the movement to boycott Apartheid South Africa had also canceled their shows in Israel. This is how it started with apartheid South Africa with cultural and academic boycotts by artists and schools.

Elvis who?

Borg

Wrongo....

I said that Islamic Jihad was a proxy of the Iranians

Your own post indicates that you are wrong and I am correct.

Because Hamas,being a proxy for groups like Islamic Jihad

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=16055&view=findpost&p=541587

Costello is worse than the stero-typical Jew..He is a con man with absolutely no talent what so ever--he reminds me of a musical friend who faked his way to the top- blame the corporations- they did not want gifted and talented people- they wanted something like themselves- frauds.

Oleg....

The facts speak for themselves. How many records did Elvis C and Bruce Sell ? Even if you just take their years at CBS Records.

Meanwhile, your performance art casette recording of you doing 'chopsticks' on your daughter's toy piano just sits at the bottom of a drawer, sighing for a Rae government arts grant that never came.

Whif # 2...

Please reread posts 218 and 220...

Uhm. I'm not going to hold my breath for you to admit that you're wrong. I'll just let you battle it out with yourself. Maybe in your own head you'll accept that because you can put together a few phrases like "islamofascist, islamic jihad, proxy", it does not mean that you have any idea what you're talking about.

Me:

This is not the first time you've come out with a post that displays your lack of understanding of anything. Didn't you claim Hamas is a proxy of Islamic Jihad?

You:

Wrongo....

I said that Islamic Jihad was a proxy of the Iranians

You (a couple of days before):

Because Hamas,being a proxy for groups like Islamic Jihad

Uhm. I'm not going to hold my breath for you to admit that you're wrong. I'll just let you battle it out with yourself. Maybe in your own head you'll accept that because you can put together a few phrases like "islamofascist, islamic jihad, proxy", it does not mean that you have any idea what you're talking about.

Me:

You:

You (a couple of days before):

Whif #3...

Selective quoting is getting you in trouble...

Or...

Are you trying to tell everyone that Islamic Jihad and Hezbollah are not funded by Iran,and are the "middle men" for Hamas?

Oleg....

The facts speak for themselves. How many records did Elvis C and Bruce Sell ? Even if you just take their years at CBS Records.

Meanwhile, your performance art casette recording of you doing 'chopsticks' on your daughter's toy piano just sits at the bottom of a drawer, sighing for a Rae government arts grant that never came.

:lol::lol::lol:

zzzZZZZZZzzzzzzziiiiinnnngggg......

Whif #3...

Selective quoting is getting you in trouble...

You were wrong. Time to stop embarrassing yourself. If you can't admit that you're wrong then the least you can do is do what Dancer does when he realizes that he's been caught making a false claim; just go away and pretend it didn't happen.

Or...

Are you trying to tell everyone that Islamic Jihad and Hezbollah are not funded by Iran,and are the "middle men" for Hamas?

Hezbollah are not a middle man for Hamas.

You were wrong. Time to stop embarrassing yourself. If you can't admit that you're wrong then the least you can do is do what Dancer does when he realizes that he's been caught making a false claim; just go away and pretend it didn't happen.

Hezbollah are not a middle man for Hamas.

Selective again?

Hezbollah and Islamic Jihad are known to being funded and armed by the Iranian regime.Syria assists in these activities,as well...They both sympahize and indirectly and directly support Hamas...All known facts

Please prove me wrong....

Edited by Jack Weber

You are confused and don't really know what you're trying to debate. I'm not sure why you're posting links that do not support any of your previous gaffes.

Link 1 - Even if it's true (you never know when it comes to Israeli "evidence") that Hamas is giving Islamic Jihad "Russian-made Grad rockets with a range of 16 kilometers, and which were used to target Ashkelon on June 18, 2006.", it doesn't make what you said about Hamas being a proxy of Islamic Jihad true.

Link 2 - Just because Iran says it supports the resistance of Hamas and Hezbollah against Israel, it still doesn't make your uneducated comments true.

Link 3 - Nobody has said anything about Hezbollah not receiving support from Iran. Much like no one argues that Israel is not receiving about $3 billion a year in financial support for its military from the U.S. This link also does not support the error you made.

Edited by naomiglover

You are confused and don't really know what you're trying to debate. I'm not sure why you're posting links that do not support any of your previous gaffes.

Link 1 - Even if it's true (you never know when it comes to Israeli "evidence") that Hamas is giving Islamic Jihad "Russian-made Grad rockets with a range of 16 kilometers, and which were used to target Ashkelon on June 18, 2006.", it doesn't make what you said about Hamas being a proxy of Islamic Jihad true.

Link 2 - Just because Iran says it supports the resistance of Hamas and Hezbollah against Israel, it still doesn't make your uneducated comments true.

Link 3 - Nobody has said anything about Hezbollah not receiving support from Iran. Much like no one argues that Israel is not receiving about $3 billion a year in financial support for its military from the U.S. This link also does not support the error you made.

#1.I get it...Israeli Zionists = Bad...Downtrodden victims of Gaza(represented by Hamas,funded by Iranian and Syrian BROTHERS IN ARMS)= victims and probably credible...

Please reread posts 218 and 220 of the 'Spitting in the face of International Law" thread.It will clearly show where I admit my wording was incorrect,and I agreed with Dancer.So you can dispense with using that one as a cover answer...Not a proxy,brothers in arms...So please elucidate for all of us where I'm "uneducated" on the matter?

#2.See #1

#3.Not only is Hezbollah receiving money from Iran and Syria,but so is Hamas.Yet you seem to think that Hamas is this plucky little organization sticking up for the Palestinians (who elected them)who are so downtrodden?Why do you think Egypt has constructed a wall on thier border with Gaza?Why is it that the Arab states surrounding Israel do absolutely nothing for the Palestinians,other than use them as a collective poster child for whipping their respective populous's into an anti-Israeli frenzy?

By the way,we are'nt talking about US involvment in the Jewish state...So stay on topic...

Edited by Jack Weber

[

Recently, Santana and Gil Scott-Heron who were part of the movement to boycott Apartheid South Africa had also canceled their shows in Israel. This is how it started with apartheid South Africa with cultural and academic boycotts by artists and schools.

Apartheid is still going on in South Africa, except this time its white farmers who are being ethnically cleansed in ways so horrible as to be beyond our ability to describe them(so don't expect the mass media to complain and don't expect to see any boycotts or embargoes)

lol what sweet irony it would be if Israel was turned into a howling desert of savagery and mayhem like South Africa. That would be the day!

Of course then they'd be wailing about a second holocaust- and before you'd know it, we`d be paying "reparations".

Apartheid is still going on in South Africa, except this time its white farmers who are being ethnically cleansed in ways so horrible as to be beyond our ability to describe them(so don't expect the mass media to complain and don't expect to see any boycotts or embargoes)

lol what sweet irony it would be if Israel was turned into a howling desert of savagery and mayhem like South Africa. That would be the day!

Of course then they'd be wailing about a second holocaust- and before you'd know it, we`d be paying "reparations".

The Holocaust was a hoax,right?

There's no business like "Shoa business",right?