Mosque going up in NYC building

Guest American Woman

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

\

That's "who the hell" said it was none of my business.

In what context?

I knew that was coming. From at least one poster. You didn't disappoint.

Of course "it just wouldn't" happen in Toronto. NYC, London, Madrid, Bali, but not Toronto. I'd ask you why you have such a belief, but I already know the answer.

What the fuck are you talking about? I was referring to the uproar over the building of a mosque. There's already a mosque on every other corner here.

Which doesn't address the point I was making at all.

Then what was it?

Guest American Woman

In what context?

What the fuck are you talking about??

What the fuck are you talking about? I was referring to the uproar over the building of a mosque. There's already a mosque on every other corner here.

I've been to Toronto many, many times and there's hardly a mosque on every other corner there. Not even close. In fact, I'll put that in the running for 'stupidest claim.' <_<

But the "fuck" does add a lot of credibility to your post, so I hope my using it did the same to mine.

:rolleyes:

Then what was it?

Go back and re-read what I wrote. Repeating it won't help your comprehension any.

What the fuck are you talking about??

In what context did he say it was none of your business? Saying something like it's none of your business what they do in their mosque is perfectly accurate.

I've been to Toronto many, many times and there's hardly a mosque on every other corner there. Not even close. In fact, I'll put that in the running for 'stupidest claim.' <_<

But the "fuck" does add a lot of credibility to your post, so I hope my using it did the same to mine.

:rolleyes:

Jesus lady, I'm the person who lives here. Dispute it all you want, but there are a LOT of muslims living in Toronto and there are a lot of mosques pretty much everywhere. Everyone here works with muslims, goes to school with muslims - people even go to the bar with muslims. My point being is that, despite racism existing here, the animosity towards muslims is absolutely nothing compared to what they go through in the US.

As for credibility and the word fuck, that word doesn't automatically make everything I said untrue. If you do believe that, well, you're the one who's in trouble, not me.

Go back and re-read what I wrote. Repeating it won't help your comprehension any.

This thread is like 200 pages long. Why would I go back and read? It'll take me a year to find. You know what you said, you remember and are just being difficult for the sake of being difficult.

Guest American Woman

In what context did he say it was none of your business? Saying something like it's none of your business what they do in their mosque is perfectly accurate.

Ummm. No matter what the context, it is my business. Since I am an American, it is my business. Since the purpose of the mosque is to build bridges with Americans like me, it would be pretty difficult to do that if what went on there was "none of my business," eh? :rolleyes:

Jesus lady, I'm the person who lives here.

Jesus, whatever you are. I don't care if you live there or not. You're dead wrong. I live in the United States, but my residence here wouldn't make any stupid claim I made about the U.S. correct.

Dispute it all you want, but there are a LOT of muslims living in Toronto and there are a lot of mosques pretty much everywhere. Everyone here works with muslims, goes to school with muslims - people even go to the bar with muslims. My point being is that, despite racism existing here, the animosity towards muslims is absolutely nothing compared to what they go through in the US.

Duh. Really?? What's that like?

As for credibility and the word fuck, that word doesn't automatically make everything I said untrue. If you do believe that, well, you're the one who's in trouble, not me.

What I believe is that it makes you sound like a dumb fuck. ;)

This thread is like 200 pages long. Why would I go back and read?

Silly me, expecting you to read the post you're responding to. At least now I understand why your response to my post had nothing to do with what I said....

It'll take me a year to find. You know what you said, you remember and are just being difficult for the sake of being difficult.

I'm not being "difficult" at all. If you're going to respond to my post, know what you are responding to. I'm no longer going to repeat myself over and over again for the benefit of people who refuse to respond to what people actually say.

Ummm. No matter what the context, it is my business. Since I am an American, it is my business. Since the purpose of the mosque is to build bridges with Americans like me, it would be pretty difficult to do that if what went on there was "none of my business," eh? :rolleyes:

The main reason first and foremost is to give people a space to pray in. Howe awful. What goes on in that space is indeed none of your business. Again, it depends on context, though. I was just going off my own example. The fact that you refuse to even bring up what the context is makes me curious as to how sturdy your claims really are.

Jesus, whatever you are. I don't care if you live there or not. You're dead wrong. I live in the United States, but my residence here wouldn't make any stupid claim I made about the U.S. correct.

There's differences about making claims about the US and the city I've lived in all my life. I think I can be counted on as someone who knows where things are. It's not like I'm making claims about things that exist in Vancouver, no, I'm making claims about things that exist 20 minutes from me. If you still want to go and tell me that I have no idea, well, that's your business but below you're calling me a dumb fuck, and, well...I think you can see where I'm going with this.

Duh. Really?? What's that like?

Hahaha. Pretty good.

What I believe is that it makes you sound like a dumb fuck. ;)

Considering you're making unsubstantiated claims, I think that's hilarious you're calling me dumb.

Silly me, expecting you to read the post you're responding to. At least now I understand why your response to my post had nothing to do with what I said....

I'm not being "difficult" at all. If you're going to respond to my post, know what you are responding to. I'm no longer going to repeat myself over and over again for the benefit of people who refuse to respond to what people actually say.

Of course it's difficult. I wouldn't expect you to go back 30 pages to get some obscure point you're making. Just make your point. Unless of course you don't have one.

Guest American Woman

So do I. And your assertions are complete nonsense.

I'm still laughing ....

Interesting, though, that the Muslim Canadian Congress spoke out against this mosque. That seems to have escaped nicky10013. Apparently they blame all Muslims for 9-11......

I'm still laughing ....

Interesting, though, that the Muslim Canadian Congress spoke out against this mosque. That seems to have escaped nicky10013. Apparently they blame all Muslims for 9-11......

As I said, he doesn`t live in Toronto.

As for the Muslim Canadian Congress, they`re free to support or not support the project as they please. I'm disappointed, but then again I suspect their reasoning is the fear of the backlash towards the peaceful muslim community after seeing what some really stupid people have been saying after this thing has come to light.

I've lived in Toronto. I currently live 2 hours away. I visit there on a regular basis. So don't play the "I live here, so I know better" card. I'm in Toronto several times each month.

And when you're in Toronto how many times are you specifically looking out for mosques? They're not exactly like churches a lot of them are really quite non-descript.

Guest American Woman

As I said, he doesn`t live in Toronto.

I don't care if he lives in Toronto or not. I'VE been to Toronto countless times. I'VE spent lots of time in Toronto.

:lol:

As for the Muslim Canadian Congress, they`re free to support or not support the project as they please.

They should be so lucky! If only the rest of us were afforded the same luxury. :D

I'm disappointed, but then again I suspect their reasoning is the fear of the backlash towards the peaceful muslim community after seeing what some really stupid people have been saying after this thing has come to light.

You don't have to "suspect" their reasoning. They've made it quite clear.

I don't care if he lives in Toronto or not. I'VE been to Toronto countless times. I'VE spent lots of time in Toronto.

:lol:

I'll ask you the same question I asked him. When you were here how on the lookout for mosques are you?

They should be so lucky! If only the rest of us were afforded the same luxury. :D

We all do. However, being afraid for their property and worshipers is a much different reason than "all muslims are terrorists"

You don't have to "suspect" their reasoning. They've made it quite clear.

As you refuse to acknowledge, context is king. Their reasoning means everything. To automatically assume that they're the same as you because you happen to support the same things for different reasons is being highly disinegnuous.

Guest American Woman

I'll ask you the same question I asked him. When you were here how on the lookout for mosques are you?

And I'll give you the same response your ridiculous claim deserves....... :lol:

We all do. However, being afraid for their property and worshipers is a much different reason than "all muslims are terrorists"

Except that isn't their reason. ;)

As you refuse to acknowledge, context is king. Their reasoning means everything. To automatically assume that they're the same as you because you happen to support the same things for different reasons is being highly disinegnuous.

I'm not "assuming" anything. As I said, they've made their beliefs well known. You're the only one "automatically assuming," so you might want to run along and educate yourself. Get back to me when you know what you're talking about. ....... :)

Until then, I'll keep laughing .... while ignoring your fiction.

Edited by American Woman

And I'll give you the same response you're ridiculous claim deserves....... :lol:

Except that isn't their reason. ;)

I'm not "assuming" anything. As I said, they've made their beliefs well known. You're the only one "automatically assuming," so you might want to run along and educate yourself. Get back to me when you know what you're talking about. ....... :)

Until then, I'll keep laughing .... while ignoring your fiction.

After reading it, I think their reasoning is just as faulty as yours, though it is based in the fact that they don't want backlash against the muslim population.

The notion that the orthodox religion is responsible for Srebrenica is just as flawed that muslims are responsible for 9/11.

Guest American Woman

After reading it, I think their reasoning is just as faulty as yours

So they blame all Muslims for 9-11, too, eh? :P

though it is based in the fact that they don't want backlash against the muslim population.

Really? You're a mind reader now? Here's a tip. Stick to trying really hard to listen to what people actually say, because that's generally what they base their reasoning on.

The notion that the orthodox religion is responsible for Srebrenica is just as flawed that muslims are responsible for 9/11.

And if that little tidbit had anything to do with anything that was said regarding this issue, you'd have a point. :)

That seems to have escaped nicky10013. Apparently they blame all Muslims for 9-11......
Most posters of Nicky10013's stripe were blaming the U.S. for 9/11 because we "angered" Muslims. So, was 9/11 a Muslim attack or wasn't it?

Most posters of Nicky10013's stripe were blaming the U.S. for 9/11 because we "angered" Muslims. So, was 9/11 a Muslim attack or wasn't it?

The US angered Islamic extremists. 9/11 was a terrorist attack by Islamic extremists led by Osama Bin Laden.

Guest American Woman

It depends on whichever version is serving their purpose at the time....

Nicky doesn't give a crap about Muslims. He's just anti-American. Muslim's are a convenient scapegoat in realizing his objectives. Muslim's will do all the dirty work for him as he sits piously by talking about freedom of religion.

Edited by Pliny

The US angered Islamic extremists. 9/11 was a terrorist attack by Islamic extremists led by Osama Bin Laden.

It depends on whichever version is serving their purpose at the time....

Nicky doesn't give a crap about Muslims. He's just anti-American. Muslim's are a convenient scapegoat in realizing his objectives. Muslim's will do all the dirty work for him as he sits piously by talking about freedom of religion.

I suspect that American Woman and Pliny come closer to having it right. Leftists (other than myself) seem to support Radical Islam though it believes in degrading women, gays and other minorities.

So they blame all Muslims for 9-11, too, eh? :P

Really? You're a mind reader now? Here's a tip. Stick to trying really hard to listen to what people actually say, because that's generally what they base their reasoning on.

This is what it actually says.

TORONTO – The Muslim Canadian Congress (MCC) is urging the Cordoba House Initiative to abandon its proposed Ground-Zero Mosque in New York in the face of outrage expressed by large segments of the American population calling the proposal an act of 'fitna' or mischief.

Seems to me it's saying perfectly well that they were for it but are now against it for actually those reasons.

And if that little tidbit had anything to do with anything that was said regarding this issue, you'd have a point. :)

This was their line of reasoning.

“Do you not understand that building a mosque at Ground Zero is equivalent to permitting a Serbian Orthodox Church near the killing fields of Srebrenica where 6,000 Muslim men and boys were slaughtered?” the letter asked.

This is faulty logic. The same with the logic of fighting a mosque at ground zero.