Mosque going up in NYC building

Guest American Woman

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Care to prove me wrong?

Prove your opinion wrong? It's your opinion that Islam isn't the connection between the two events. However, if we were playing 'Family Feud', it would be the #1 answer.

That some posters want to give some onces of respect to what I view as a very large cult isn't my problem.

Re: OK City having a Christian motive. Are you sure McVeigh & Nichols had one?

Prove your opinion wrong? It's your opinion that Islam isn't the connection between the two events. However, if we were playing 'Family Feud', it would be the #1 answer.

That some posters want to give some onces of respect to what I view as a very large cult isn't my problem.

Re: OK City having a Christian motive. Are you sure McVeigh & Nichols had one?

Anybody could give the answer to family feud. How many of those people can answer why? No one has been able to thus far, so I'm guessing none. Unless of course you can tell me how.

I know they didn't have one, which was my point entirely.

Guest American Woman

Anybody could give the answer to family feud. How many of those people can answer why? No one has been able to thus far, so I'm guessing none. Unless of course you can tell me how.

And which is why your point fails ....

Guest American Woman

Americans have the right to feel as they do. Can you imagine the outcry if Americans injected themselves into a controversy in Canada?

Unfortunately, I can. And it would be justified. Of course Canadians, as well as the rest of the world, have a right to their opinion. Just as I did regarding the minarets in Sweden or people here did regarding banning the burqua in the Netherlands and France.

But when someone outside the U.S. tells me it's "none of my business," as they state their opinion over and over, I can't help but wonder what they'd think if this had happened in Toronto rather than NYC, and you and I were telling them what they could or couldn't feel; what was "logical" and acceptable in regards to their feelings. It's truly mind boggling.....

Seems you were on vacation in 2001. So your position is that al-Qaeda is a secular terrorist group with no connection to Islam?

Edited by DogOnPorch

Unfortunately, I can. And it would be justified. Of course Canadians, as well as the rest of the world, have a right to their opinion. Just as I did regarding the minarets in Sweden or people here did regarding banning the burqua in the Netherlands and France.

But when someone outside the U.S. tells me it's "none of my business," as they state their opinion over and over, I can't help but wonder what they'd think if this had happened in Toronto rather than NYC, and you and I were telling them what they could or couldn't feel; what was "logical" and acceptable in regards to their feelings. It's truly mind boggling.....

Who the hell said it was none of your business? Furthermore, if this happened in Toronto, which it just wouldn't, I'd still be supportive of the right to build a mosque. Hell, I'd welcome all the help I could get and I wouldn't care what country they were from.

Seems you were on vacation in 2001. So your position is that al-Qaeda is a secular terrorist group with no connection to Islam?

Secular, no. Connection to Islam? Absolutely they don't have one. The compatibility of the beliefs between regular Islam and the militant variety Al Qaeda uses to recruit and plan their politically motivated attacks are as about as connected as Christianity and whatever the hell David Koresh preached out in Wako.

Guest American Woman

Who the hell said it was none of your business?

Perhaps - just perhaps - it's none of your business.

\

That's "who the hell" said it was none of my business.

Furthermore, if this happened in Toronto, which it just wouldn't

I knew that was coming. From at least one poster. You didn't disappoint.

Of course "it just wouldn't" happen in Toronto. NYC, London, Madrid, Bali, but not Toronto. I'd ask you why you have such a belief, but I already know the answer.

I'd still be supportive of the right to build a mosque. Hell, I'd welcome all the help I could get and I wouldn't care what country they were from.

Which doesn't address the point I was making at all.

Personally I don't get the uproar over the mosque in NYC. It is NOT on the site of the WTC and its been there all along anyway. No one from that mosque has been found guilty of plotting and carrying out any attacks anywhere. This whole subject is fanatical. America, when I was young, was run by fanatics. Returning to fanaticism is not progress.

Secular, no. Connection to Islam? Absolutely they don't have one. The compatibility of the beliefs between regular Islam and the militant variety Al Qaeda uses to recruit and plan their politically motivated attacks are as about as connected as Christianity and whatever the hell David Koresh preached out in Wako.

How about all those "good" Christian Ku Klux Klanners? Now there is a terrorist organization for ya.

Guest American Woman

Of course they have a connection to Islam. They don't have their own special mosques. They worship alongside the moderates. They attend the same mosques as the moderates. They don't have a special "Waco" mosque for terrorists/terrorist supporters/extremists.

al-Qaeda = Qutbism

...which is connected to Islam. That is, unless Sayyid Qutb and the Muslim Brotherhood aren't true Scotsmen as the fallacy goes...

Then I guess you can join the club, based on "any negative" that you have posted about Americans or any other group. Shall we count them?

Count me in - any group that seeks to destroy us must be offended harshly..what the hell is wrong with America - they holocaust 3000 citizens and now you grant them the right to place a monument of victory next to the grave site?

This is the outcome and results of God hate and incrimentally engineered secularism...now those that are orgainized and full of Islamic zeal are about to push us out side - and we will faint and cry out to our god..."lady gaga save me" - what a bunch of losers we are.

Nobody is about to "push us aside". This outrageous kind of hyperbole is as bogus as it is pointless. Sort of like your holocaust reference in your last post.

what a bunch of losers we are.

Whos "we"? You got a mouse in your pocket?

Edited by dre