Obama's Katrina

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you talking about your boy Rand Paul who you support for Kentucky senate says Obama is being to hard on BP to clean up the oil spill. You don't get it both ways Shady. You don't get it both ways.

Nice deflection. This has nothing to do with Rand Paul. This has everything to do with Barack Obama. I started this thread weeks ago. Obama's totally dropped the ball, and continues to do so.

Nice deflection. This has nothing to do with Rand Paul. This has everything to do with Barack Obama. I started this thread weeks ago. Obama's totally dropped the ball, and continues to do so.

Good so you disagree with Paul's position on of the biggest issues of this election? So in that election you will be supporting the Democrat. Also you disagree with the Republican position on lifting the cap so the government can take this thing over and stick BP with the bill. Glade to see that Shady.

LOL! Indeed...the "greatest ecological disaster" in US history is unfolding before our eyes. Like Arizona, the state of Louisiana is taking matters into their own hands. Pray for the crawdads!

President Bush would never have wasted this much oil. ;)

ABC's "World News" anchor Diane Sawyer addressed viewers from the shorelines of Louisiana tonight. She reported on the "anger" that is focused on Washington. "We saw a pickup truck that had a hand painted sign that said 'BP + The Feds = Another Katrina,'" Sawyer reported.

ABC News reports "some of the president's supporters have questioned his leadership," referring to the anger heard from Louisiana natives (and Democratic strategists) Donna Brazile and James Carville. "One of the problems I have with the administration is that they're not tough enough," Brazile said.

Link

James Carville, Chris Matthews rip White House on BP response

James Carville, a stalwart Obama defender — and Louisiana native — and MSNBC's Chris Mathews both voiced concerns about the president's handling of the spill, and Obama's decision to allow BP to take the lead on plugging the pipe, which has been pouring oil into the sea for a month

Link

You know when Chris "Tingle up my leg" Matthews has a problem, Obama's in some trouble.

You know when Chris "Tingle up my leg" Matthews has a problem, Obama's in some trouble.

You just made a whole thread about this post. Keep pounding that drum Shady. Don't worry we know who let this happen. Republicans and deregulation. I am reminded of the words of FDR.

"Let me warn you and let me warn the Nation against the smooth evasion which says, "Of course we believe all these things; we believe in social security; we believe in work for the unemployed; we believe in saving homes. Cross our hearts and hope to die, we believe in all these things; but we do not like the way the present Administration is doing them. Just turn them over to us. We will do all of them- we will do more of them we will do them better; and, most important of all, the doing of them will not cost anybody anything."

But, my friends, these evaders are banking too heavily on the shortness of our memories. No one will forget that they had their golden opportunity—twelve long years of it.

Remember, too, that the first essential of doing a job well is to want to see the job done. Make no mistake about this: the Republican leadership today is not against the way we have done the job. The Republican leadership is against the job's being done."

Yeah Obama George Bush's Katrina killed 1800 people how many did Obamas?

Yeah people are still dying by the thousands. Show me.

How can you deny the death and destruction while President Obama does nothing? Don't you care about the thousands of dead animals and people? Here is one now....a poor poor dead pelican that wasn't bothering anybody (except the fish) in an oil soaked plastic bag...oh the humanity!

slide_6569_92511_large.jpg?1274746927890

How can you deny the death and destruction while President Obama does nothing? Don't you care about the thousands of dead animals and people? Here is one now....a poor poor dead pelican that wasn't bothering anybody (except the fish) in an oil soaked plastic bag...oh the humanity!

slide_6569_92511_large.jpg?1274746927890

Looks like a real person in that bag not wait it isn't at all.

Again it is like FDR said be careful of the other guy who had 12 years to prevent something but who really doesn't believe something should be done at all. When he says he can do better he is just lying to you. Obama doesn't want to clean up this mess and be stuck with a 10 billion dollar bill because the Republicans wont raise the oil liability cap.

...... Obama doesn't want to clean up this mess and be stuck with a 10 billion dollar bill because the Republicans wont raise the oil liability cap.

It's not about the money....America blew through that barrier a long time ago. The Gulf of Mexico is filling with oil while Obama does nothing. $10 billion is chump change.

Obama doesn't want to clean up this mess and be stuck with a 10 billion dollar bill because the Republicans wont raise the oil liability cap.

You're repeating the same old misconception. BP is responsible for all of the cost of the clean up. The only portion that's capped is the amount they might pay in damages to states and individuals. There is no cap on the clean up costs. Stop with the nonsense.

You're repeating the same old misconception. BP is responsible for all of the cost of the clean up. The only portion that's capped is the amount they might pay in damages to states and individuals. There is no cap on the clean up costs. Stop with the nonsense.

Even BP is saying the cap is to low but Shady and republicans will defend tooth and nail this cap anyway. Again you can't put someone in charge who is saying "I will do a better job" but does believe the job should be done in the first place. That would stupid.

Even BP is saying the cap is to low but Shady and republicans will defend tooth and nail this cap anyway. Again you can't put someone in charge who is saying "I will do a better job" but does believe the job should be done in the first place. That would stupid.

Speak english please.

I know...but it's so unfair...having the awful burden of yet another Canadian passing judgement on us.

Oh what will we ever do??

Looks like its mostly you guys passing judgement on yourselves. Dont blame Canada because your politicians sit around patting each other on the back while thousands of Americans are floating face down in their own feces, or your coast line is being polluted by oil.

Jesus.

Looks like its mostly you guys passing judgement on yourselves. Dont blame Canada because your politicians sit around patting each other on the back while thousands of Americans are floating face down in their own feces, or your coast line is being polluted by oil.

Jesus.

It wouldn't do any good to blame Canada anyway....but it is possible to have a hit record pointing out the smug righteousness:

"Americans" by Byron MacGregor:

Our neighbours have faced it alone and I am one Canadian who is damned tired of hearing them kicked around. They will come out of this thing with their flag high. And when they do, they are entitled to thumb their nose at the lands that are gloating over their present troubles. I hope Canada is not one of these. But there are many smug, self-righteous Canadians.

It wouldn't do any good to blame Canada anyway....but it is possible to have a hit record pointing out the smug righteousness:

"Americans" by Byron MacGregor:

Our neighbours have faced it alone and I am one Canadian who is damned tired of hearing them kicked around. They will come out of this thing with their flag high. And when they do, they are entitled to thumb their nose at the lands that are gloating over their present troubles. I hope Canada is not one of these. But there are many smug, self-righteous Canadians.

Sweet! More whining about Canadians.

BTW... Did you know that during Hurricane Katrina there as crews from Canada pulling survivors from the water before your own Coastguard got there?

Sweet! More whining about Canadians.

BTW... Did you know that during Hurricane Katrina there as crews from Canada pulling survivors from the water before your own Coastguard got there?

Yes...another urban myth...we don't have to wait for either Coast Guard to "pull survivors". LOL!

PS: Did you know that US oil production is insignificant to world markets....yea...it's true...some Canadian told me.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Why is this in American politics? I had no idea an underwater explosion was political.

It's funny that before Shady got his talking points about how to blame Obama for the spill, when he was still taking it at face value that the "drill, baby, drill" position was in trouble, his argument was that it wasn't even something political. :lol: