What If The Tea Party Acted This Way?

Can you imagine what the media would be saying if a reporter was treated this way at a Tea Party rally?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO9Xyer7GTY

Also, I don't see a lot of white people there. Seems like a rally involving only one type of people. So going by the standard laid down by the left and the mainstream media, they must be racists. They can't stand that Arizona has a white Governor.

You just know it. :angry:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you imagine what the media would be saying if a reporter was treated this way at a Tea Party rally?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO9Xyer7GTY

Also, I don't see a lot of white people there. Seems like a rally involving only one type of people. So going by the standard laid down by the left and the mainstream media, they must be racists. They can't stand that Arizona has a white Governor.

You just know it. :angry:

Maybe people wouldn't be pissed if they weren't racially profiling Americans and throwing them in Jail because they have an accent Shady.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/91769419.html

I don't think the americans who have actual citizenship get arrested. If some leftwing web sites say they are so what. And something has to be done about the Mexican gun/drug play down there, simply ignoring it as Obama has done will only result in more innocents being killed.

Anyway, the tea partiers would get slimed by the MSM no matter how they responded.

I don't think the americans who have actual citizenship get arrested. If some leftwing web sites say they are so what. And something has to be done about the Mexican gun/drug play down there, simply ignoring it as Obama has done will only result in more innocents being killed.

Anyway, the tea partiers would get slimed by the MSM no matter how they responded.

Accept if you looked AT THE LINK I POSTED. An actual citizen has already been arrested because he had an accent. So please stop thinking and read the post you are wrong. AZ has gone down the crapper real fast and is doing some pretty sketchy things the REAL AMERICAN CITIZENS.

Accept if you looked AT THE LINK I POSTED. An actual citizen has already been arrested because he had an accent. So please stop thinking and read the post you are wrong. AZ has gone down the crapper real fast and is doing some pretty sketchy things the REAL AMERICAN CITIZENS.

Big deal....REAL American citizens get arrested all the time for all kinds of reasons, valid or not. If Arizona is so far down the "crapper", why are so many Canadians buying property there?

Big deal....REAL American citizens get arrested all the time for all kinds of reasons, valid or not. If Arizona is so far down the "crapper", why are so many Canadians buying property there?

Not for racial profiling. There usually is some reason beyond you look Mexican that they get arrested.

You said he was thrown in jail. You lied.

Maybe people wouldn't be pissed if they weren't racially profiling Americans and throwing them in Jail because they have an accent Shady.

I agree, many people would be pissed about being thrown in jail. But nobody was thrown in jail. But even if they were, it doesn't give anyone the right to become violent. After all, many Tea Party members are pissed about what the current Administration is doing. You would never give them a pass on violent activity. So try practicing what you preach and stop being a total hypocrite.

That being said, I'm against this particular law in which people could be asked for identification ad nauseum. But this law is ultimately a result of the federal government not addressing the problem of illegal immigration for multiple decades now. If they'd just secure the border, laws like these would be unnecessary, and would probably never have been written in the first place.

You said he was thrown in jail. You lied.

I agree, many people would be pissed about being thrown in jail. But nobody was thrown in jail. But even if they were, it doesn't give anyone the right to become violent. After all, many Tea Party members are pissed about what the current Administration is doing. You would never give them a pass on violent activity. So try practicing what you preach and stop being a total hypocrite.

That being said, I'm against this particular law in which people could be asked for identification ad nauseum. But this law is ultimately a result of the federal government not addressing the problem of illegal immigration for multiple decades now. If they'd just secure the border, laws like these would be unnecessary, and would probably never have been written in the first place.

Ohhhh I am sorry Shady he was put in a "holding cell" at U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement after being hand cuffed and taken into the back of patrol car. You are acting stupid NO AMERICAN CITIZEN SHOULD BE HELD BECAUSE OF THE WAY THEY LOOK SHADY! I know in your America that is ok.

....That being said, I'm against this particular law in which people could be asked for identification ad nauseum. But this law is ultimately a result of the federal government not addressing the problem of illegal immigration for multiple decades now. If they'd just secure the border, laws like these would be unnecessary, and would probably never have been written in the first place.

I like the new law, Señor. If somebody is in the country illegally, get the hell out! ;)

Ohhhh I am sorry Shady he was put in a "holding cell" at U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement after being hand cuffed and taken into the back of patrol car. You are acting stupid NO AMERICAN CITIZEN SHOULD BE HELD BECAUSE OF THE WAY THEY LOOK SHADY! I know in your America that is ok.

LOL! You obviously have not spent much time in any large or medium sized American city! Tune in to an episode of COPS!

That's nonsense. I clearly wrote that I didn't like this particular law, and why I don't like it. Apparently you just chose to ignore it.

Glad to see we can agree on the Republicans in Arizona and all the Republicans across the US who endorse this law being wrong.

Edited by punked

Glad to see we can agree on the Republicans in Arizona and all the Republicans across the US who endorse this law being wrong.

Except that 70% of legal Arizonans are not Republican!

Eighty-four percent (84%) of Arizona Republicans and 69% of voters not affiliated with either major party in the state favor the new get-tough legislation. Democrats are more closely divided: 51% like the new law, but 43% oppose it.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections2/election_2010/election_2010_senate_elections/arizona/70_of_arizona_voters_favor_new_state_measure_cracking_down_on_illegal_immigration

Except that 70% of legal Arizonans are not Republican!

Eighty-four percent (84%) of Arizona Republicans and 69% of voters not affiliated with either major party in the state favor the new get-tough legislation. Democrats are more closely divided: 51% like the new law, but 43% oppose it.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections2/election_2010/election_2010_senate_elections/arizona/70_of_arizona_voters_favor_new_state_measure_cracking_down_on_illegal_immigration

Doesn't matter Republicans voted for the Bill, Dems voted against. We know who passed this bill.

Oh it matters allright.....you just don't like the reality of fed up citizens wanting somrthing done about illegal immigration...errr...that's "undocumented workers" to you.

Nope I don't like the fact that Americans are being detained because of the color of their skin and how they sound. When the ACLU defended the Nazi's right to March through Skokie they lost a third of their members. It wasn't a popular decision but it was the right one.

You don't get to scream about the Constitution and law one minute and in the same breath stomp out the 4th Amendment. It is stupid you don't get it both ways.

....You don't get to scream about the Constitution and law one minute and in the same breath stomp out the 4th Amendment. It is stupid you don't get it both ways.

Yes I do, because obviously you have not read the law or how it will be enforced. You are just knee-jerking as expected, while offering nothing in the way of immigration "reform".

Yes I do, because obviously you have not read the law or how it will be enforced. You are just knee-jerking as expected, while offering nothing in the way of immigration "reform".

I have already seen how it will be enforced. If you have an accent they will ask you for papers, if you give them papers they will ask for more and throw in jail. It has already happened. The color of your skin is not probable cause under the fourth amendment sorry BC.

Edited by punked

I have already seen how it will be enforced. If you have an accent they will ask you for papers, if you give them papers they will ask for more and throw in jail. It has already happened. The color of your skin is not probable cause under the fourth amendment sorry BC.

Just as I thought...you haven't read the bill. Illegals come in many "colors"....why are you so racist?

For any lawful contact made by a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency
of this state or a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency of a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state where reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States, a reasonable attempt shall be made, when practicable, to determine the immigration status of the person, except if the determination may hinder or obstruct an investigation. Any person who is arrested shall have the person's immigration status determined before the person is released. The person's immigration status shall be verified with the federal government pursuant to 8 United States code section 1373©. A law enforcement official or agency of this state or a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state
may not solely consider race, color or national origin in implementing the requirements of this subsection except to the extent permitted by the United States or Arizona Constitution

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070h.htm

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Just as I thought...you haven't read the bill. Illegals come in many "colors"....why are you so racist?

For any lawful contact made by a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency
of this state or a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency of a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state where reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States, a reasonable attempt shall be made, when practicable, to determine the immigration status of the person, except if the determination may hinder or obstruct an investigation. Any person who is arrested shall have the person's immigration status determined before the person is released. The person's immigration status shall be verified with the federal government pursuant to 8 United States code section 1373©. A law enforcement official or agency of this state or a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state
may not solely consider race, color or national origin in implementing the requirements of this subsection except to the extent permitted by the United States or Arizona Constitution

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070h.htm

I love this. You argue a new law needs to be passed not because the old is bad but because the ENFORCEMENT of that law is bad. The we see terrible ENFORCEMENT of the new law, but that law is the bees knees. Again I get it if you say the sky is green then it is green no matter what.