Who do you want the next president to be?

Guest American Woman

If you’d bother to do a little research, you’d find out that Ron Paul DIDN’T write those words, but they appeared in his newsletter. he says it was a mistake and he takes full responsibility for it. Plus, he has written articles which appear on his congressional website OPPOSING racism.

The entire “Ron Paul is racist” bit was discredited a couple days ago. If you’re going to waste time, don’t do it spreading bogus information.

Says one source, “Ron Paul didn’t know about those comments, or know they were written under his name until much later when they were brought to his attention. There were several issues that went out with comments that he would not ordinarily make. He was angry when he saw them.”

There you have it, he is not a racist.

Don't know where you're getting your quote from but.....

Why? Because he said so?

I wonder if you hold everyone to the same standards. A newsletter put out in his name has racist comments, and until it's brought to his attention, he's totally unaware of it. And that doesn't seem strange to you? Wouldn't you think someone in his position would at least be aware of what's being said in the Ron Paul newsletter? Or who's writing in it? Who's representing him?

Let's say he didn't know. Says a lot about his lack of responsibility not to even know what's going on in his name. Not a very good leadership quality, to say the least.

But back to the 'he didn't know' scenario:

He didn't deny it in 1996. He didn't deny writing it. He said his written commentaries about blacks came in the context of ""current events and statistical reports of the time." link

Edited by American Woman

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't deny it in 1996. He didn't deny writing it. He said his written commentaries about blacks came in the context of ""current events and statistical reports of the time."

He didn't say he hates black people.

He has nothing against black people.

Jesse Ventura has a TV show called Conspiracy Theories. He is currently filming the second season, the show is only suppose to do current conspiracies but the network allowed them to go after the J.F.K case for this season. Jesse Ventura said he is one document away from proving that Oswald didn't act alone and it was a conspiracy. So he says.

I know people may be turned off with a name like Conspiracy Theories but I think it is better investigative reporting then any mainstream media network. Should really watch it, may change your view on the world.

Say you make a table and you sell it for $50, you are generating wealth for you and your economy. You can then go buy stuff that you need or wish to have. Most of this stuff is made over seas. Say you don't make that table, where would you get the money to buy stuff you need, most likely you will get a loan in order to get money to buy that stuff. This is all hypothetical by the way. You would eventually have to pay that loan back but if your not making tables you aren't generating any wealth. People will stop loaning to you and you will eventually go bankrupt.

That is what America is doing, they don't have any manufacturing jobs so they aren't producing wealth, they need to manufacture some goods to sell to create wealth. Right now they rely 70% on consumer spending. Where are they getting the money to buy stuff from china if they aren't making and selling tables to make money. They are borrowing it. They are gonna have to pay it back eventually, the problem is they are broke, they can't afford to pay it back.

An increase in consumer spending doesn't mean the economy is getting better, that just mean people are borrowing more to buy stuff they can't afford.

The stimulus isn't creating manufacturing jobs and the ones that it is will be gone when the stimulus is gone.

That is why the recession happened, there needs to be a correction. America needs to start producing stuff so it can create wealth again.

America is living on a bubble economy, the stock market is artificially being propped up by bailouts and stimulus. When the stimulus goes away reality will kick in and people will realize America/americans are broke.

And it isn't even just America living with a bubble economy, nations world wide have pumped money into the system.

The recession isn't over.

For one, America still has lots of manufacturing. Second, the balance of the world economy is shifting away from physical goods and towards the trade of information. The US is a leader in the production of this information.

The value associated with the information content of even relatively simple physical goods is a big component of their overall value. The table needs to be physically built, yes, but it also needs to be designed. The transportation system that will distribute that table worldwide to sell it to people in need of tables needs to be conidered. The size of the market for tables needs to be estimated so that the proper number can be produced. Research needs to be done into new technology to make sure that your future tables will continue to improve at a pace no slower than your competitors. The raw materials for the table have to be sourced from a supplier. The life-cycle and the environmental impact of the table needs to be considered and compared to alternate methods of producing an equivalently functional table. The people doing all of this information handling and research need to be managed in some way, and information about them needs to be stored and processed so that they can be paid for their work, etc. Decisions need to be made about whether the company will pursue its future by ramping up table production or expanding into the chair market. The company's finances need to be seen to and its legal needs taken care of.

The US is a leader in all of these things. The fact that the actual pieces of wood used to make the table will get nails jammed through them in China rather than in the US is only a tiny part of the equation.

Edited by Bonam

Guest American Woman
Quote American Woman: He didn't deny it in 1996. He didn't deny writing it. He said his written commentaries about blacks came in the context of ""current events and statistical reports of the time."

He didn't say he hates black people.

You said Ron Paul denied writing what was quoted from his news letter. You quoted some unknown source saying "if you'd bother to do a little research you’d find out that Ron Paul DIDN’T write those words, but they appeared in his newsletter." You posted his recent denial as proof that he's not a racist. And I'M saying when Ron Paul was asked about it in 1996, he didn't deny writing what's been quoted. In fact, he explained why he said what he was quoted as saying.

And yes, what was written in his newsletter was most definitely "against black people."

Edited by American Woman

I admit that there's several people in this forum who have no problem sticking their noses in American politics, while at the same time being quite offended when Americans do the same to us. They tend to be of the left.

Hows the treatment for your ODS coming along?

You said Ron Paul denied writing what was quoted from his news letter. You quoted some unknown source saying "if you'd bother to do a little research you’d find out that Ron Paul DIDN’T write those words, but they appeared in his newsletter." You posted his recent denial as proof that he's not a racist. And I'M saying when Ron Paul was asked about it in 1996, he didn't deny writing what's been quoted. In fact, he explained why he said what he was quoted as saying.

And yes, what was written in his newsletter was most definitely "against black people."

He doesn't hate black people. He isn't a member of the KKK. He isn't a white supremacist.

1996 isn't 2010. I don't care what he said back then, he doesn't go around preaching black people are the reason the world is falling apart of anything like that. I never even hear him mention race.

He doesn't hate black people. He isn't a member of the KKK. He isn't a white supremacist.

The large majority of racists in the US are not members of the KKK or white supremacists.

1996 isn't 2010. I don't care what he said back then, he doesn't go around preaching black people are the reason the world is falling apart of anything like that. I never even hear him mention race.

It goes mainly to integrity. I think what's far more troubling is that he dislikes civil rights legislation.

Frankly, I think Ron Paul's problem isn't that he's a racist (I doubt he really is), I think the problem is he's an ideological extremist who really is incapable of observing the world from any but his own limited perspective. He, and his almost cult-like group of supporters, view him as some sort of absolute fountain of truth.

Guest American Woman

So you think everyone who is a racist is a member of the KKK or a white supremacist? If you do, you are very ignorant of reality.

So it doesn't matter how he felt in 1996; what he said back then. Got'cha. I'll be sure to hold you to the same standards regarding everyone else. Nothing that was said/done in 1996 or prior to that matters. <_<

So you think everyone who is a racist is a member of the KKK or a white supremacist? If you do, you are very ignorant of reality.

No, I don't

So it doesn't matter how he felt in 1996; what he said back then. Got'cha. I'll be sure to hold you to the same standards regarding everyone else. Nothing that was said/done in 1996 or prior to that matters. <_<

You guys are making it sound like him making a comment in 96 is relevant to today and current events, its not. I'm not saying history is irrelevant I'm just saying he isn't a racist.

It goes mainly to integrity. I think what's far more troubling is that he dislikes civil rights legislation.

Ron Paul believes in equal rights as apposed to civil rights.

The next president won't be republican a democrat. Or at least their will be a 3rd party that will be a legitimate threat.

Guest American Woman
You guys are making it sound like him making a comment in 96 is relevant to today and current events, its not. I'm not saying history is irrelevant I'm just saying he isn't a racist.

It's relevant to who he is. Furthermore, his denial of it is relevant to who he is. It's all telling regarding what kind of person he is and what kind of leader he'd make.

So you say. But you'll have to excuse me if what he says/has said means more to me than what you say.

The next president won't be republican a democrat.

Shows how little you know.

Or at least their will be a 3rd party that will be a legitimate threat.

Define "legitimate."

Say you make a table and you sell it for $50, you are generating wealth for you and your economy. You can then go buy stuff that you need or wish to have. Most of this stuff is made over seas. Say you don't make that table, where would you get the money to buy stuff you need....

From OEM licensing fees and retail sales of Windows OS or Microsoft Office or Oracle Database or HP Help Desk or.....and here is the best part....no wood required.

From OEM licensing fees and retail sales of Windows OS or Microsoft Office or Oracle Database or HP Help Desk or.....and here is the best part....no wood required.

Or become a table consultant. Is this table right for you, your family and your lifestyle? You cannot afford to make the wrong choice...

Ron Paul believes in equal rights as apposed to civil rights.

He can believe in whatever he likes. It took the Civil Rights movement to start seeing African-Americans approach real equality. The 13th Amendment wasn't enough to assure it. Of course, we all know that Ron Paul thinks Abraham Lincoln was a wanton criminal.

I would like to see Hillary as the next President mostly to see what she can accomplish. (As a nondescript Canadian, her policies would not impact on my ordinary life which is in its twilight stage anyway. :) ) The US has had their first black President. I see this as perfect conditioning for breaking the mold further to having the first woman President. IMO, she can't be any worse than what Obama has so far delivered to Americans. She will have had the benefit of witnessing what Obama did right and what he did wrong, while carrying an important portfolio. I do believe she's strong enough and intelligent enough to make this work to her advantage.

At this juncture, I can't see Palin as a contender. She's effectively been marginalized by forces I'm not knowledgeable enough to identify. It's just a conclusion I arrived at as an outsider looking in.

At this juncture, I can't see Palin as a contender. She's effectively been marginalized by forces I'm not knowledgeable enough to identify. It's just a conclusion I arrived at as an outsider looking in.

OK...but Palin has come closer on a national ticket than Clinton, who didn't even win her party's nomination.

I'd like to change my previous answer to this thread question. After closer inspection, current Gov. of New Jersey Chris Christie should be the next President of the United States.

I'm thinking something like Christie/Romney, Christie/Ryan, or maybe even Christie/Petraeus!

Ron Paul - "Todays Conversation Was Nothing But War Propaganda".

How could you not like this guy.

He is trying to be the voice of reason.

It is because he actually supports the right for segregation. Seriously there is a reason racists flock to him, he is goldwater on steroids.

I wish I had a nickle for every time the left accused somebody of being racist. The very term has practically lost all its meaning. Mostly because ignorant people constantly use it as a crutch, in their opposition of anyone they disagree with. Instead of discussing actual issues and ideas, you people are debating what somebody said, and might have or might not have meant, 20 years ago.

The only truely racist person I know of in American government, would be Democrat senator and former KKK clansman Robert Byrd. In fact, he was also a KKK recruiter as well. The official term is "Kleagle".

I wish I had a nickle for every time the left accused somebody of being racist. The very term has practically lost all its meaning. Mostly because ignorant people constantly use it as a crutch, in their opposition of anyone they disagree with. Instead of discussing actual issues and ideas, you people are debating what somebody said, and might have or might not have meant, 20 years ago.

The only truely racist person I know of in American government, would be Democrat senator and former KKK clansman Robert Byrd. In fact, he was also a KKK recruiter as well. The official term is "Kleagle".

I am sorry Shady you please go ahead and justify his comments, and why he is against the civil rights act, and why he thinks segregation is a totally justifiable thing. I wish I had a nickel for everytime the right said the only way someone can be racist is if they are in the KKK.

As for Byrd Shady I think you will find I already mentioned him in this thread.