Spell Check

I noticed the spell-check option does not appear in the Firefox browser. Maybe there's some sort of plug in required?

My Fire Fox used to underline a mispelled word in red but since 3.0 was released it stopped doing this. I don't know if their is a special setting we need to apply or what.

I have Firefox 3.6.3 and I'm seeing the red underlines for misspelled words, such as 'mispelled' above.

Yeah I have the newest one as well. Did you have to set anything up or was it like that straight away Michael?

I checked the help page and it says it's supossed to be working automatically but mine isn't for some reason. I don't know if it's because I have themes or what. I had the same add ons and themes on the old version and it worked fine so I don't know.

Edited by Mr.Canada

Ok I figured it out mine is working now. I had to add a dictionary. When making a post highlight a word and right click it, towards the bottom of the box you'll see an option to "add dictionaries" click and add the English ones. That's what I did and now it's working for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Admin

Greg, is there any chance of incorporating this feature into the posting options? Have you checked out if others using this software have managed to incorporate spell check?

Seeing that a great deal of the modern browsers come with spell-check built in, I've never felt it was worth implementing such a feature directly into the forums.

Actually, I'm not even aware of a spell-check mod that would even be available for Invision Power Board (which powers this forum).

• Forum Admin

Actually, I'm not even aware of a spell-check mod that would even be available for Invision Power Board (which powers this forum).

Ok, after further investigation I've discovered that if you're using IE, you'll need to download a plugin for IE called: ieSpell. You can download the plugin by clicking on the ABC button on the top right of the post editor. Those of you using FF or Chrome don't have to worry about this, because your browsers already have spell-check built into the browser.

If you're using Safari - I'm not sure, as I don't have safari installed on my machine. Anyone using an outdated browser is on their own (my suggestion is to download and install the newest version of your favorite browser).

• 3 weeks later...