Victoria BC Police Brutality Video

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A youtube video is worth a 1000 whats?

contect is everything, something youtube never seems to provide.

Next time he may not resist arrest....

I saw a fellow arrested this morning....the constable asked him to turn around and he handcuffed him.No fuss, no muss and the constable never even broke a sweat. had she did, I'm sure her 8ft partner would have convinced him otherwise.

Note-if this sickens you Please be sure to post it far and wide and send it to as many media outlets as you can think of-these goons are out of control.

I've seen more violence in a Maple leafs game...

The reality is, sometimes cops have to be rough. It's part of what they have to do to deal with the things they have to deal with. I think some are far too quick to judge based on very shaky evidence taken out of context.

Edited by Smallc

I'll feel better when cops are all required to wear cameras, then we'll have a much better perspective from which to put these events into a more focused context.

I certainly don't see any reason to trust cops anymore when I see these videos.

Edited by eyeball

I think some are far too quick to judge based on very shaky evidence taken out of context.

Exactly. That was the first thought that entered my mind after I saw this video presented this morning on CTV news without even a hint that the show's producers gave context a mere thought. Maybe media outlets have abandoned all journalistic integrity in the hope that, if they air enough YouTube videos without sacrificing time for prior investigation, they'll eventually be the first to land upon another Dziekanski scandal. Literally, shoot first, ask questions later, it seems.

[c/e]

Edited by g_bambino

I heard on the news that this occurred after an 8-man brawl that the police had broken up.

I still can't see any reason for the police to kick the man who appeared to be doing as ordered. He voluntarily sat down on the grass where the policeman said. Then as the one officer is cuffing him the other guy delivers a soccer kick to his ribs and a knee to the back. To me the fact that the guy had been complying makes the kicks completely unjustified.

-k

I think some are far too quick...
That was the first thought that entered my mind...

So which one of you guys is the cop in yellow?

Ah, by taking quotes out of context you eliminate my description of the context in which the video-clip-out-of-context-was shown. What news station do you work for?

I heard on the news that this occurred after an 8-man brawl that the police had broken up.

I still can't see any reason for the police to kick the man who appeared to be doing as ordered. He voluntarily sat down on the grass where the policeman said. Then as the one officer is cuffing him the other guy delivers a soccer kick to his ribs and a knee to the back. To me the fact that the guy had been complying makes the kicks completely unjustified.

-k

Pay attention to the perp's hands. He was resisting (although not enough to some people's definition of resisting). The perp was making it difficult to put the cuffs on. Why that perp felt the need to resist is beyond me? All that was going to happen was a ride down to the cop shop, the charges probably get thrown out and he's out in a couple of hours. It's not like the cops are going to haul him off never to be seen again.

Large bar fights are a common occurance in my city...probably yours too. I'd prefer the police end them ASAP by whatever means needed. Most of y'all would be begging the RCMP to lay the boots to these idiots if you got caught up in such an affair after leaving the night-club.

I can't believe that anyone is actually defending these PIGS. You'll notice it is the same posters who defended Dziekansksi's executioners. The guy was obviously complying with the cops orders, and was not threatening them at all. He sat down as to be LESS threatening for God's sake. You expose yourselves as the police state loving fascist goons that you are.

I can't believe that anyone is actually defending these PIGS. You'll notice it is the same posters who defended Dziekansksi's executioners. The guy was obviously complying with the cops orders, and was not threatening them at all. He sat down as to be LESS threatening for God's sake. You expose yourselves as the police state loving fascist goons that you are.

So let bloody street fights burn themselves out?

double post

No by all means intervene to break up the fights using only as much force as necessary. That's the law, even if you are defending yourself. You are not allowed to lay a beating on the person after the fact of continue to kick them once they have been neutralized. I'm definitely not ok with the cops administering a beating to someone who is no longer a threat.

No by all means intervene to break up the fights using only as much force as necessary. That's the law, even if you are defending yourself. You are not allowed to lay a beating on the person after the fact of continue to kick them once they have been neutralized. I'm definitely not ok with the cops administering a beating to someone who is no longer a threat.

Hard to tell from just the video. But I have seen my share of similar fights. Most of those f**kers who fight on the street are not above curb stomping their opponents or anyone else who stumbles into their public version of cage-fighting. For all we know, the po-lice had a devil of a time just getting those involved to the point where the video starts.

How can anyone not recognize the second incident as excessive force? The reason the young dude didn't put his hands behind his back is so he wouldn't fall forward on his. It's OBVIOUS that he was yielding to the police. It's also OBVIOUS that the taller shaved-head police officer in yellow has quite a bit of machismo on his mind. I've seen this type of behaviour in high school. All things considered, it's not a terrible excess, it's not like they shot an unarmed naked child with his hands in the air, but this is still the type of attitude that the police administration should be serious about getting rid of.

Spare me the "without context" comments.... if there is any missing context I'm sure it will be made available by the police. My judgement, after watching the video, is that these police officers (at the least the tall officer in yellow with the shaved head) is a too much of a tough-guy in this situation.

That's what I noticed aswell.

CTV news

However when the officers tried to arrest Carifelle, two others in the house reportedly attacked them, punching and kicking in a struggle so violent, the officers tried Tasers and pepper spray to defend themselves, said Oakes.

The pair managed to call for backup, said Oakes, and as the fight turned against them, the suspects tried to take their Tasers and even their service pistols.

"Fortunately those efforts were not successful," said Oakes.

"Eventually the two RCMP members were able to pull back from the residence to a safe location while they awaited the attendance of additional backup."

And this is what happens if police officers were to listen to Dr. Greenthumb's recommendations.

Apparently its all right for police officers to get seriously hurt on the job, so long as the perp has a fair fight.

Apparently its all right for police officers to get seriously hurt on the job, so long as the perp has a fair fight.

Fight? No, no, silly; in DrG's world, injured cops should apologise to the innocent partyers for ruining a perfectly good night out. Spoil sport fascists.

[c/e]

Edited by g_bambino