Anne Coulter comes to Canada

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, Thobani sort of works for me....not employed or anything like that....just, you know....works.

Was'nt Ms.Thobani the one who said,on her way out the door of the NAC leadership something along the lines of,"Racism still exists and that's why a minority women MUST be the head of NAC!"?

This is after some voting shenanigans had taken place and Joan Grant Cummings "won" the leadership.I remember Rebick basically disassociating herself from the organization after that...

What "work" does Ms.(I assume she's still unattached)Thobani do for you?

Ridiculous...And how IN character for the "progressive" left...

"We don't like someone or what they say...So we'll just threaten to beat them up."

I don't like just about anything Coulter has to say.I think some of things she says are'nt funny at all...They're vile..However,I'm not so weak between the ears that I can't hear it without my head exploding.

Typical leftist ideologues...

....I don't like just about anything Coulter has to say.I think some of things she says are'nt funny at all...They're vile..However,I'm not so weak between the ears that I can't hear it without my head exploding.

Typical leftist ideologues...

A sad day for free speech in Canada....well, at least what was left of it.

I guess it's official....death threats against Coulter and Levant....how ironic.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2010/03/23/ottawa-coulter-speech.html

I don't agree with Levant on most things,but I hope he finds out who these mentally weak cowards were.

He should have them prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!

A sad day for free speech in Canada....well, at least what was left of it.

Absolutely...

I don't know anyone,other than the Rabblesque left,that thinks shutting down debate with someone one does'nt necessarily agree with is a good thing.

It's just a pathetically weakminded stance to threaten someone if you don't agree with them...But we are talking about the extreme left in Canada...

Where have we seen this behaviour before...Oh yeah..The Soviet Union!!!!I'm sure the Trotskyites at Rabble are chortling with glee over this one!

It's just a pathetically weakminded stance to threaten someone if you don't agree with them...But we are talking about the extreme left in Canada...

Have a look at this picture of some of the protesters. If they're not extreme left yet, they're definitely in training.

http://www.vancouversun.com/Coulter+event+cancelled+security+concerns/2718231/story.html

Have a look at this picture of some of the protesters. If they're not extreme left yet, they're definitely in training.

http://www.vancouversun.com/Coulter+event+cancelled+security+concerns/2718231/story.html

The suburban hipster with the arab scarf definately has it happening...

I missed where it mentions death threats...

A spokesman for the group that organized the event said there were fears for Coulter’s well-being after about two thousand people gathered outside the venue to protest her presence there.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/783830--ann-coulter-speech-cancelled-after-thousands-protest

If they felt her safety was at risk it's highly likely there were threats made against Coulter. I think it's too soon for more details to to be made public in order not to inflame what is still an explosive situation.

I used to wear one of those "arab scarves" when they were originally hip back in the mid-80s. Naturally I didn't have a clue what it was until a jewish girlfriend of mine told me. I continued to disregard the political element to the scarf though. The mid-80s fashion was far too important.

These mentally weak simpletons are no better than the halfwit Tea Party dolts in the states.It's their way or the highway.It's better to shout someone down than to confront someone on an intellectual basis.Coulter,in some of her more lucid moments,can actually articulate her positions quite effectively.The best way to counter those arguements is to come back in an equally articulate manner.

But not these dolts...Nope...Zip it or it's off to the gulag!!!!

I used to wear one of those "arab scarves" when they were originally hip back in the mid-80s. Naturally I didn't have a clue what it was until a jewish girlfriend of mine told me. I continued to disregard the political element to the scarf though. The mid-80s fashion was far too important.

I had a pashtun beret in the mid 80s.

I was ultra hip...

Coulter,in some of her more lucid moments,can actually articulate her positions quite effectively.The best way to counter those arguements is to come back in an equally articulate manner.

I saw some of this in her interview with Michael Coren. This one on one discussion was interesting.

Ann Coulter is like an 80's Satanic Rock Band. Little talent, only thing going for them is shock appeal. It's sheer marketing genius, the only way to deal with people like that is to deny them the fight. The sooner people realize that a "captain without its crew can't do diddly squat" the sooner Coulter fades into irrelevance.

Personally I think Coulter is useless as a right wing spokesperson. Her nonsense is only good for selling books, not selling the centre right idea of thinking.

Ann Coulter is like an 80's Satanic Rock Band. Little talent, only thing going for them is shock appeal. It's sheer marketing genius, the only way to deal with people like that is to deny them the fight. The sooner people realize that a "captain without its crew can't do diddly squat" the sooner Coulter fades into irrelevance.

Personally I think Coulter is useless as a right wing spokesperson. Her nonsense is only good for selling books, not selling the centre right idea of thinking.

So it's fair to say that Coulter is the Howard Stern of politcal commentary?

Perhaps a Coulterian Private Parts type of movie is in the works?

Well before tonight I had an open mind about this Coulter Gal. But I must say the left have disgraced themselves by their actions in shutting down the speaking engagement at the U of A. This is a very sad day for Canada.Freedom is in jeopardy if Harper, Iggy and Layton do not condemn the thugs who stifeled free speech tonight without resorting to buts.

Well before tonight I had an open mind about this Coulter Gal. But I must say the left have disgraced themselves by their actions in shutting down the speaking engagement at the U of A. This is a very sad day for Canada.Freedom is in jeopardy if Harper, Iggy and Layton do not condemn the thugs who stifeled free speech tonight without resorting to buts.

Pretty disgusting,frankly...Pea brains who can't stand someone having a contrary point of view who don't have the intellectual capacity to debate something civilly ended up Anne Coultering themselves....

10 to 1 says they don't realize this...Who wants in on that action?

Edited by Jack Weber

CTV.ca

"In terms of putting limits on what she ... should say or shouldn't say, I'm not sure that helps," New Democrat MP Paul Dewar, told The Canadian Press. "It might add fuel to the fire that she will be probably starting tomorrow."

Liberal MP Scott Brison made a similar comment.

"If you don't agree with what she has to say, then ignore her," he said.

Coulter's Canadian tour wraps up at the University of Calgary on Thursday.

Looks like these two are on the right track. Very smart to put it out like that.

Guest TrueMetis

Absolutely...

I don't know anyone,other than the Rabblesque left,that thinks shutting down debate with someone one does'nt necessarily agree with is a good thing.

Where have we seen this behaviour before...Oh yeah..The Soviet Union!!!!I'm sure the Trotskyites at Rabble are chortling with glee over this one!

What are you talking about? The religous right shuts down debates when they don't like what they are hearing all of the time.