Tamil Terrorists Released to Walk Canadian Streets!

This is out and out disgusting words fail me just like the Canadian Govt constantly and consistently fails to protect it's citizens.

Remaining Tamil migrants to be freed

The federal government is prepared to release the remaining 25 Tamil migrants held in Vancouver on suspicion of links to terrorism since they arrived in Canada three months ago.

The men were among the 76 passengers and crew of a ship seized off Vancouver Island Oct. 17.

All of the men claimed refugee status, saying they were fleeing the aftermath of the civil war in Sri Lanka. Fifty-one of the men were eventually released after posting bonds and agreeing to appear when summoned for hearings on their refugee claims.

Don't Click Here unless you have a strong stomach

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is out and out disgusting words fail me just like the Canadian Govt constantly and consistently fails to protect it's citizens.

I thought we'd see less of this type of outrage after the Tigers gave up the fight last year, and after Harper was elected too.

Edited by Michael Hardner

Just out of curiosity - has anybody publicly indicated that they could be a threat to Canadians ?

No, but the only message I've received so far is that I should be outraged. But I'm afraid I just don't get it. I'm actually glad to hear these folks will now have a chance to get on with their lives. Welcome to Canada I say.

Edited by eyeball

No, but the only message I've received so far is that I should be outraged. But I'm afraid I just don't get it. I'm actually glad to hear these folks will now have a chance to get on with their lives. Welcome to Canada I say.

And when they start raising money for the Tigers, how welcoming will you be? If they're just refugees, that's fine, but if they are indeed Tigers, they should be shown the door.

Where did their bonds come from?

Personally I could care less if they are in Canada -

but wouldn't posting a bond for them be supporting and funding terrorism (very bad joke)

Although I don't think they are terrorists.. the fact the organization IS considered a terrorist organization is pretty messed up, that they arn't being held.

Edited by William Ashley

If parliament we're sitting, a new law could be drafted and introduced so this wouldn't happen in the future. Lets hope they remember it for when parliament does return. There's nothing wrong with refugees, but I don't think that they should be given free range of the country before their hearings are complete....but then again, it comes down to the reality that we can't pick and choose when it comes to the way that we treat people.

There are always trade offs in an egalitarian society.

$45,000 bucks they paid...that buys a 1st class ticket on the finest cruise ship with change left over. If they're so innocent, why aim for BC and not Hawaii?

Because the Americans aren't stupid.

The only difference now is that at least there were showers as to opposed to when you terrorist from Europe arrived! :lol:

And when they start raising money for the Tigers, how welcoming will you be? If they're just refugees, that's fine, but if they are indeed Tigers, they should be shown the door.

Not in the wake of video's showing Sri Lankan authorities executing bound Tamil prisoners. For all I know we should be allies of the Tigers and helping them create a separate homeland.

I'd need to see the results of a really unbiased inquiry into the grievances of both sides before deciding who if anyone's side Canada should be on or against. In the meantime I don't see how we have any choice but to err on the side of humanitarian caution and allow in those who made it this far.

Just out of curiosity - has anybody publicly indicated that they could be a threat to Canadians ?

I don't think anybody considers the Tamil Tigers as a threat to *Canada*, if that's what you're getting at.

That they only plan to cause violence in a different country doesn't strike me as a particularly strong argument for their release, however.

-k

I don't think anybody considers the Tamil Tigers as a threat to *Canada*, if that's what you're getting at.

That they only plan to cause violence in a different country doesn't strike me as a particularly strong argument for their release, however.

-k

It seemed to me that they were perceived as a threat to us by some on this thread. If they have laid down their arms, then what ? I don't know that anybody is pursuing combatants for the purposes of justice, unless you count the UN investigation around the execution of LTTE prisoners.

Not in the wake of video's showing Sri Lankan authorities executing bound Tamil prisoners. For all I know we should be allies of the Tigers and helping them create a separate homeland.

No one is denying that the Sri Lankan army has done some pretty bloody awful things, but if you consider the terror that the Tigers have reigned down on the Sri Lankan people for decades, even to the point that a lot of Tamils didn't want them around any more, it's not hard to imagine why the army said f--- it, we're taking these guys out once and for all.

The Tigers have been recognized in Canada for some time as a terrorist organization. That's where refugee status gets a little complicated. I mean, would you accept members of Hamas or Hezbollah just because the Israelis get medieval on their asses?

I'd need to see the results of a really unbiased inquiry into the grievances of both sides before deciding who if anyone's side Canada should be on or against. In the meantime I don't see how we have any choice but to err on the side of humanitarian caution and allow in those who made it this far.

The Tigers have a long history in Canada of raising money and sending it back to continue the war. That's why they were deemed a terrorist organization to begin with. At this point, you want to reask the question?

They already have a place: Tamil Nadu.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamil_Nadu

Why not aim for India instead of Canada... You know where there is already a large ethnic Tamil population

Indeed. See above.

No big deal.

Wiebo Ludwig bombed 5 Canadian oilpipelines and got 18 and a half months in jail.

Hes also accused of shooting a teenager who trespassed on his 35 million square foot property. I mean really, who the hell else is going to shoot and kill a kid on a 35 million square foot farm? The neighbor who doesn't even have line of sight? Yeesh, lol.

Wake me up when a Tamil tiger bombs something in Canada.

Edited by ZenOps

$45,000 bucks they paid...that buys a 1st class ticket on the finest cruise ship with change left over. If they're so innocent, why aim for BC and not Hawaii?

Well, there are many reasons they may have wanted to come to Canada. Realistically, there's no way to know what the Americans would have done. There are rules for these kinds of things.