Ok. I have to ask....

Guest American Woman

Guest American Woman

You just click on it. It'll turn green for a moment.

Actually I just realized it'll stay green for awhile.

Yup it was still green but now its not.

What colour is yours?

When I click on it it's green, like you said, but I can't figure out how to get more than the quote from the post that I'm responding to in my response.

When I click on it it's green, like you said, but I can't figure out how to get more than the quote from the post that I'm responding to in my response.

Nor can I, I recall that kimmy said she likes the feature, maybe she's figured it out or we could go ask Greg. I bet you he's getting on it as we speak.

• Forum Admin

I can't figure out how to get more than the quote from the post that I'm responding to in my response.

Select multiquote for all the postings you want to reference, then select Add Reply (at the bottom of the page) or Reply (beside the multiquote button).

Nor can I, I recall that kimmy said she likes the feature, maybe she's figured it out or we could go ask Greg. I bet you he's getting on it as we speak.

Select multiquote for all the postings you want to reference, then select Add Reply (at the bottom of the page) or Reply (beside the multiquote button).

Test 2

Guest American Woman
My first test didn't work when I selected the reply button next to the multi-quote.

The 2nd worked when I hit Add Reply at the bottom.

The first time I tried it it didn't work either way for me, but now it's working if I hit the Add Reply at the bottom.

Thanks, eyeball.

Guest American Woman

You're welcome.

Do I get a little gold star? :D I see Morris has a couple already. :huh:

If I knew how to give you one, you'd get a big gold star!!

But I think you have five little stars already. :)

• Forum Admin

Is there a way to include the quote/part of the quote inside the post you're responding to if it's pertinent to what's being responded to?

Don't embed multiple quotes inside a single quote. It's bad forum etiquette as it can really get confusing as to who or what you're responding to.

Ok ... one more question.

Is there a way to include the quote/part of the quote inside the post you're responding to if it's pertinent to what's being responded to?

You can do it manually.

As well, I tend to use the "indent" feature if I know I'm quoting something that somebody else is going to want to refer to in their response.

I liked the pre-upgrade implementation of "indent" which provided a quotation-marks graphic around the indented portion.

-k

Meh.....technology. When I want to quote from multiple sources, or nest quotes, I just do it manually, and if it gets too convoluted for the little text-window we type our entries in here, then I do it on Wordpad, and copy/paste.

It works for me, anyway...
It really does...
Honestly, I wouldn't lie to you!!!

Yeah but.... yeah but.... look at all of the pretty colors that it brings out!

Don't go crazy on the nested quotes - it's not against the rules, but it's bad forum etiquette and it should almost always be avoided.

I'm not really positive what we're talking about.

The ability to quickly and easily include multiple quotes in a reply

Guest American Woman

Yeah but.... yeah but.... look at all of the pretty colors that it brings out!

Gotta love those colors! :D

Thanks, Kimmy and PocketRocket, for your input/suggestions ....

but don't worry, Greg, I won't be going crazy with embedded posts. Just once in awhile a reference to a previous post is necessary in order for the response to make sense, so I was just wondering if there was a 'lazy way out.'

Again, thanks everyone for your help/input. I appreciate it. :)