NDP Antics disrupt House

With the Liberals clapping and nodding in agreement, Government House Leader Jay Hill asked the Speaker to investigate New Democratic Party involvement in the protest that disrupted Question Period yesterday.

Mr. Hill also wants NDP Leader Jack Layton charged with contempt because the “people who disrupted the proceedings of this House were guests of the leader of the NDP.”

The House Leader said Mr. Layton booked the Centre Block room in which the protesters gathered. They were overheard by some Tory MPs practising their chants “very loudly,” Mr. Hill said.

House of Commons Speaker Peter Milliken is taking this under advisement.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/blogs/burea...article1340688/

Option 1: Layton didn't know because he is a clueless idiot

Option 2: Layton knew and he is a lying weasel.

So if the Tory members heard they chant why didn't they go to security or to the speaker before hand??

Because chanting behind closed doors in a room reserved by the leader of the NDP is not against the rules.

Besides, what do you think they were chanting?

Later!

Today!

We'll cause a major ruckus!

Later!

Today!

We'll cause a major ruckus!

or...

We

The NDP

Will deny all knowledge

We

The NDP

Will deny all knowledge

Edited by M.Dancer

What they did was wrong BUT its understandable

Wrong but understandable? You make it sound as if these buffoons were victims acting only out of self-defence. As they have plenty of alternate methods of expressing their opinions in the public forum, what they did was both wrong and incomprehensible. Well, I suppose it could be understandable if one understands the far-left's disregard for decorum and rationality.

Michael, you have no idea just how sad that is.

Try 'Crow Rate', and its ending.

When the petition- which transcended partisanship like no issue before or since- was presented in the house, it made quite a splash, and was condemned by the Honorable member from the Yukon as NDP disruption and showmanship, while his partisan compatriots made a point of being conveniently out of town. My own MP, for instance, was attending a 'Save the Crow' rally within the constituency, instead of on parliament hill, d*** ed well saving the Crow.

I handled organizion for roughly half the constituency to get that man elected. I didn't work for him again.

Edited by Molly

Michael, you have no idea just how sad that is.

Try 'Crow Rate', and its ending.

When the petition- which transcended partisanship like no issue before or since- was presented in the house, it made quite a splash, and was condemned by the Honorable member from the Yukon as NDP disruption and showmanship, while his partisan compatriots made a point of being conveniently out of town. My own MP, for instance, was attending a 'Save the Crow' rally within the constituency, instead of on parliament hill, d*** ed well saving the Crow.

I handled organizion for roughly half the constituency to get that man elected. I didn't work for him again.

Say, Molly. This sounds interesting. How about a new thread and a link to get us started ? What do you say ?

Say, Molly. This sounds interesting. How about a new thread and a link to get us started ? What do you say ?

It's history, Michael, and even though it is interesting, not a battle to refight here.

It is illustrative, though, that demonstrations in the house are hardly a new phenomenon, and neither is the partison deflection of their objective.

Why bother answering the substantive points that they raise when you can dismiss them as a paltry conduct issue?

Edited by Molly

One good thing is that it has revealed a gaping, scary hole in security. All some suicide bomber would need to get right into a session of Parliament is a friend in the NDP...

Do you remember the attack in parliment in 2001?

protesters were arrested when they unfurled a banner and threw teddy bears at the government benches from the galleries above.

Although opposition MPs in the Alliance Party—one of the forerunners to the Conservative Party of today—joked about the “stuffed animal attack,” the government of the day did not.

Don Boudria, the ruling Liberals' house leader at the time, said the bears came from the opposition's spectator gallery and he intended to get to the bottom of the incident.

"This is Parliament, not a recreation centre, not a demonstration hall, or not a barricade, and any use of the building for anything other than parliamentary purposes is wrong," he said, according to the Canadian Press.

"Somebody in the opposition, or somebody's office in the opposition issued a gallery pass. I want to know who it is, were they aware, was a member aware, whether it was a member of staff, and so on."

It emerged that an Alliance staffer issued the passes, a routine affair, she said.

:lol:

Do you remember the attack in parliment in 2001?

:lol:

Well, wrong is wrong, no matter which party is involved. All I can say in defense of the old Reformers is that the world changed after Sept 09, 2001. Before that throwing teddy bears wasn't that big a deal.

Now we have to worry that the bears may contain IED's.

Well, wrong is wrong, no matter which party is involved. All I can say in defense of the old Reformers is that the world changed after Sept 09, 2001. Before that throwing teddy bears wasn't that big a deal.

Get out of town.. :lol: "wrong is wrong" - ??? Where have you been lately...go into our average court of law and say "I might not know the law but I do understand the difference between right and wrong" - You will get laughed out of the room..so forget that idea - most politicals don't care about right or wrong..the fact that they actually run for office in the first place puts them into the area of moral nutrality. When was the last time you have ever seen a highly ambitious person be honourable and mature...they will say and do anything to attain their desire for power..politicals are useless lacky's that do the work of the banksters...and they are so stupid they don't even know they are lowly henchmen... :lol:

Get out of town.. :lol: "wrong is wrong" - ??? Where have you been lately...go into our average court of law and say "I might not know the law but I do understand the difference between right and wrong" - You will get laughed out of the room..so forget that idea - most politicals don't care about right or wrong..the fact that they actually run for office in the first place puts them into the area of moral nutrality. When was the last time you have ever seen a highly ambitious person be honourable and mature...they will say and do anything to attain their desire for power..politicals are useless lacky's that do the work of the banksters...and they are so stupid they don't even know they are lowly henchmen... :lol:

Have a few coffees before you post, Oleg! :lol:

When I said that "wrong is wrong" that wasn't a defense but an observation! I thought I was being clear that it was a wrong action for any party to set up a protest in the visitors gallery.

The rest of your post is obvious. Why on earth would I disagree with you? It's as if you said "Where have you been lately? Don't you know that kittens are cute?"

Or Kraft dinner, as also happened not to long ago. The flying boxes of KD.

I didn't know these recent protesters had weapons, such as teddy bears, KD or IED, I just thought they used their vocal chords?

Do you have a report that assault weapons were found on the arrested?

Or Kraft dinner, as also happened not to long ago. The flying boxes of KD.

I didn't know these recent protesters had weapons, such as teddy bears, KD or IED, I just thought they used their vocal chords?

Do you have a report that assault weapons were found on the arrested?

Never made the accusation! I'm just saying it's quite possible!

Consider, you have a protest group willing to get loud and rowdy in the Visitors Gallery. What's the chances that the NDP folks who let them in ran a background check on everyone in the group? What steps were taken to ensure there were no "wingnuts" in the crowd? Did that NDP lady who signed the passes just give everyone of them a hug?

When you move in those circles it's wise to have SOME sense of security! "Six Degrees of Separation" ring any bells?

Mind you, all we would have lost would have been a few politicians. Some would say that's a good start...

When I said that "wrong is wrong" that wasn't a defense but an observation! I thought I was being clear that it was a wrong action for any party to set up a protest in the visitors gallery.

I doubt in each case sighted, any political party has created a protest in the gallery. I have seen similar outbursts in a courtroom. Many observers often cannot restrain their emotions. Just because one is invited, doesn't mean that each person offers responsible behaviour.

While this story has died down, I found a few comments of interest.

1) the NDP have offered no support for the protestor activities. There is anger among the protestors because Jack Layton apparently sat down during the disturbance and didn't wave or nod or acknowledge them. (Reading this on a blog)

2) Elizabeth May came out with full praise for the behavior, immediately after the incident.

I personally have little problem with outburst from the gallery. They get to voice their displeasure with government, as many people would like to do, and then they get arrested for doing so, as many people would not like to do.

Apparently they got lots of press, which is what this stunt was intended to do. And it appears more people accept youth doing youthful activites then get themselves all worked up.

You'd think you didn't live through the 60s...... or did you hallucinate past that decade :P

People who disrupt parliament should be dragged out and banned from the building. These people are obviously not working but busy collecting welfare. The left wing wants everyone else to work and pay for their lifestyle. With their wool sweaters and chin strap beards....pass the doobie....dude....