NDP Antics disrupt House

A self-described “flash mob” of environmental protesters disrupted Parliament with a raucous demonstration in the public gallery during Question Period Monday.

Speaker Peter Milliken briefly put questions on hold while shouts and chanting echoed through the chamber as bemused MPs gazed on.

NDP MP Nathan Cullen, who stood outside watching after the protesters were ushered from the building, praised the disruptive tactics.

“It's pretty powerful, there's no doubt about it, young people getting this animated,” Mr. Cullen said.

“We always say we want them interested in the House of Commons. They've chosen this path.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politi...article1338835/

3. Protester unplugged. After the drama had subsided on Parliament Hill yesterday, there were some questions to be answered. Who exactly were the young protesters disrupting Question Period with shouted demands of action on climate change? Thanks to the magic of YouTube there are some answers. One of the protesters, who appeared to be an organizer, looks exactly like one of the delegates to the NDP convention in Halifax last August. In the video, the protester is talking outside of Centre Block, explaining the purpose of the "flash mob" was to show support for a clean energy future. And then there is a clip of a young man, who looks much the same, at the microphone at the NDP convention asking a question about the tar sands. He also looks a lot like the protester, Joe Cressy, who was interviewed on CBC Newsworld five years ago and was one of the student spokespersons for the anti-George W. Bush protests that took place when the former U.S. president came to Ottawa.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/blogs/burea...article1339767/

Political Events Coordinator:

Joe Cressy

http://ottawacentre.org/en/Pages/fedocndp.htm

There should be an investigation of this and if it shows that the NDP were behind it they should be censured.

I have never seen a more obsequious sycophant than you Morris, and I probably never will again. Is this what happens to everyone who service the C-suite?

Can I take it from this personal attack on me and non rebuttal of the OP that you approve of disrupting the democratic process or is that just a stupid question to pose to a crypto totalitarian such as yourself?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Remember the complaints from visitors who see our parliment in action and are shocked by the antics of our MPs.

It would appear this roudy group has received alot of press which is their intention. Like its the first group to ever disturb the childish brats in the house.

LOL :lol:

Edited by madmax

There should be an investigation of this and if it shows that the NDP were behind it they should be censured.

I agree! I would say the same if ANY party were behind such action!

Tar and feathering is too good for them!

What you mean, people with a political agenda in parliment? Getting tossed out? Heaven forbid. Never heard of such a thing ever...

Of course...not that groups of rowdies have not done such a thing....what makes it news worthy is that it is being done by a political party which sits in the House. Such a blatent disregard of not only the House, but of the Speaker should be reprimanded.

That it should be done by a party with so low a standing in the public not only shows contempt for the house, but for Canadians in general.

eyeball,

Evidently. This attack was bananas (sorry :lol: ) and the monkeys were behind it. Would you have a problem if the Cons pulled the same trick ?

I wouldn't be the least surprised to find that they've done the same somewhere by now. Republicans have been using this and other technique's like their so-called Tea Party protests, also dubbed rent-a-mobs for awhile now. Apparently Michelle Malkin and Fox News and such have been behind some of these. Blog story

I've been searching around for Canadian right-wing flash mobs but Google is too swamped with results about yesterday. I'll look some more later

I don't have a problem with it at all if it means more participation in the political process. Stirring up the shit from time to time is certainly a part of that too. As for all the bleating about treating Parliament as some sort of sacred ground that we cannot allow to be defiled by a disruptive mob....tthhhppbbt!

Like I said, that happens every single day its in session.

Apparently, this was the first time it has happen in the Commons and that being said, since Harper's arrival, Parliament hasn't never seen so much unrest. The politicans have done the same as these people did and I was watching when this was going on. The politicans better start listening to these young people becasue they are the ones that are going to have to live with what decisons are on the environment and not being made.

I wouldn't be the least surprised to find that they've done the same somewhere by now. Republicans have been using this and other technique's like their so-called Tea Party protests, also dubbed rent-a-mobs for awhile now.

While you are flexing your inept google powers, try and find the Tea Party disrupting a session of Congress.

Thanks and chuckles in advance

I wouldn't be the least surprised to find that they've done the same somewhere by now. Republicans have been using this and other technique's like their so-called Tea Party protests, also dubbed rent-a-mobs for awhile now. Apparently Michelle Malkin and Fox News and such have been behind some of these.

Um, that's the US. And that's not in their parliament. Denouncing this kind of behaviour in our legislature is not an endorcement for the antics of our MPs; as they say, two wrongs don't make a right.

Apparently, this was the first time it has happen in the Commons and that being said, since Harper's arrival, Parliament hasn't never seen so much unrest.

It takes quite the mental gymnast to blame NDP dirty tricks on Harper.

eyeball,

I don't have a problem with it at all if it means more participation in the political process. Stirring up the shit from time to time is certainly a part of that too. As for all the bleating about treating Parliament as some sort of sacred ground that we cannot allow to be defiled by a disruptive mob....tthhhppbbt!

Like I said, that happens every single day its in session.

How about the Tories dressing up a bunch of people to look like Fishermen and putting them in front of the H of C protesting the NDP ? That sounds like a dirty trick to me, and still doesn't disrupt parliament.

It doesn't require much of an investigation. All of the people in the visitor's gallery are there because an MP signed a pass to get them in. All the speaker needs do is find out who signed the passes for these individuals, and then withdraw their privilage to sign any more such passes in future.

It doesn't require much of an investigation. All of the people in the visitor's gallery are there because an MP signed a pass to get them in. All the speaker needs do is find out who signed the passes for these individuals, and then withdraw their privilage to sign any more such passes in future.

This appears to be the hottest story going. I Look forward to a full investigation.

The politicans better start listening to these young people becasue they are the ones that are going to have to live with what decisons are on the environment and not being made.

Well for starters, most of these young people won't even bother to vote but they think nothing of getting lathered up for a couple of lines in the MSM. Tough titties. If they can't be bothered to vote then they have to live with whatever decisions are made by governments of the day.

The left wing in this country are a self centred lot. They only care about themselves and what's good for them and not what's good for society as a whole. The left is concerned about what will make them feel better, what will alleviate their feelings of white liberal guilt. They have no respect for tradition and core family values. The left has no respect for authority either and no respect for our parliament. The left is an angry vengeful lot who only care is to further their own selfish aims. They are a very sad bunch of angry people. No wonder they get under 15% of the Canada's vote most of the time.

The left wing in this country are a self centred lot. They only care about themselves and what's good for them and not what's good for society as a whole. The left is concerned about what will make them feel better, what will alleviate their feelings of white liberal guilt. They have no respect for tradition and core family values. The left has no respect for authority either and no respect for our parliament. The left is an angry vengeful lot who only care is to further their own selfish aims. They are a very sad bunch of angry people. No wonder they get under 15% of the Canada's vote most of the time.

How long have you been a leftie?

Here you go:

http://news.google.ca/news?q=Parliament+pr...ved=0CA8QsQQwAA

Now we know that it was the NDP who invited them in. We also know that at least some of the protesters attended the last NDP convention.

Apparently the NDP lady whose name appears on their guest passes says she had no idea they were going to cause trouble. That's VERY hard to believe, considering many of them had participated in protests before.

One good thing is that it has revealed a gaping, scary hole in security. All some suicide bomber would need to get right into a session of Parliament is a friend in the NDP...

so what is the difference here?

Bennett initially couldn't finish her question, overcome by roars of derision and mockery from the Conservative backbenches.

http://www.healthzone.ca/health/newsfeatur...s-flu-questions

Doesn't seem too very much different to me. When will the CPC grow up?

1) Question period wasn't disrupted

2) Her question was answered

3) The liberals have never ever ever heckled.....

I should think the difference is obvious! MP's have been chosen by the people to inhabit the monkey house that is Parliament. They may at times act childish but at least they are sanctioned by having won votes from the people.

The protesters who "crashed the party" have ZERO sanction from the people! No one elected them to attend Parliament! They may attend as visitors but visitors have no right to participate. Who the hell do they think they are? And who the hell does Layton think he is to let them in? The arrogance is WORSE than the childish antics of Question Period.

You might go to the zoo and watch the monkeys but when you leap the fence and join them in flinging your feces at each other you quite rightfully will end up evicted.

You didn't address the security question at all. I wonder if the NDP realize what could have happened. Just one wingnut in that crowd with a bomb and the NDP's name would have gone down in infamy!