He said red, yellow, black or white

All are equal in his sight

Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama

Yes!

Mmm, mmm, mm

Barack Hussein Obama

Song 2:

Hello, Mr. President we honor you today!

For all your great accomplishments, we all doth say "hooray!"

Hooray, Mr. President! You're number one!

The first black American to lead this great nation!

Hooray, Mr. President we honor your great plans

To make this country's economy number one again!

Hooray Mr. President, we're really proud of you!

And we stand for all Americans under the great Red, White, and Blue!

So continue ---- Mr. President we know you'll do the trick

So here's a hearty hip-hooray ----

Hip, hip hooray!

Hip, hip hooray!

Hip, hip hooray!

LOL. Looks like some people definitely did see a problem with the song.

Review Ordered of Video Showing Students Singing Praises of President Obama

One song that the children were taught quotes directly from the spiritual "Jesus Loves the Little Children," though Jesus' name is replaced with Obama's

Link

Guest American Woman
One song that the children were taught quotes directly from the spiritual "Jesus Loves the Little Children," though Jesus' name is replaced with Obama's

Link

That's a real stretch .....

Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama

.... is hardly a "direct quote" of the spiritual....

Red and yellow, black and white,

They are precious in His sight;

Jesus loves the little children of the world.

While I believe the songs were inappropriate, I think it was simply a matter of 'good intentions' but 'bad judgment.' This took place in February, which is noted for President's Day and Black History Month. The students also sang songs about Washington and Lincoln. Comparing it to Nazi Germany is ludicrous, and it's inexcusable that the school had to go into lock down because of threats to the principal. Yet some are choosing to ignore that, while getting all bent out of shape over the songs.

It's unbelievable, really.

it's inexcusable that the school had to go into lock down because of threats to the principal. Yet some are choosing to ignore that, while getting all bent out of shape over the songs.

It's unbelievable, really.

Whats also unbelievable is the amount of fear and visceral attitude of some in the right wing towards Obama. Considering he has only been in power for a short time, and probably most of the difficult diecisions were already laid out before he took the office, his blame for the current situation seems minimal. Did George Bush have the same problem? It doesn't seem like it. Maybe being overly emotional is a characteristic of right wingers?

- What the GOP has done to America

I am just sitting here giggling as I imagine how members of Rabble/Babble would react if a teacher had their children singing songs of praise for Stephen Harper.

"Stephen J Harper,

he got the economy back on track,

Stephen J Harper,

said that Makmood Amajinabinabad is wack..."

I think it would be a great way for kids to feel patriotism about our government! Either that, or completely inappropriate. Mostly just the latter, now that I've had a chance to think about it...

-k

Guest American Woman
Whats also unbelievable is the amount of fear and visceral attitude of some in the right wing towards Obama. Considering he has only been in power for a short time, and probably most of the difficult diecisions were already laid out before he took the office, his blame for the current situation seems minimal. Did George Bush have the same problem? It doesn't seem like it. Maybe being overly emotional is a characteristic of right wingers?

- What the GOP has done to America

I agree.

They were scared of Clinton, too. Both Clintons, actually.

As for blaming Obama for the current situation, I knew that was going to happen. Never had a doubt. According to these same people, Bush hadn't been in office long enough to know he should have had terrorism as a priority, yet Obama should have solved all the problems he inherited in six weeks.

He'll be a one term president. No way will he be able to get past the blame and the inability to perform a quick fix.

Wasn't the Onion headline after he was elected something along the lines of "Black Man Chosen For Crappy Job"?

Everybody knew it was not going to be easy. That his opponents are complaining that the country has not been repaired in 8 months is just partisan politics.

It is still early days. I think he's going to be fine.

-k

They were scared of Clinton, too. Both Clintons, actually.

Yep, but nobody was forcing kids to sing about the Clintons, nor Bush, nor Reagan. Nobody was substituting Jesus' name for any of them, like they do with the Messiah, the most merciful Barack Hussein Obama.

Guest American Woman
Yep, but nobody was forcing kids to sing about the Clintons, nor Bush, nor Reagan. ....

They were forced to sing about Bush and what a wonderful job he did in response to Katrina. <_<

....dozens of children “from the stricken Gulf Coast region serenaded First Lady Laura Bush with a song praising the beleaguered Federal Emergency Management Agency.” To the tune of “Hey Look Me Over,” the kids from Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama sang:

Our country’s stood beside us

People have sent us aid.

Katrina could not stop us, our hopes will never fade.

Congress, Bush and FEMA

People across our land

Together have come to rebuild us and we join them hand-in-hand!

link

Edited by American Woman

Yep, but nobody was forcing kids to sing about the Clintons, nor Bush, nor Reagan. Nobody was substituting Jesus' name for any of them, like they do with the Messiah, the most merciful Barack Hussein Obama.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/24...resident-obama/

"They did songs about President Washington, Lincoln, and they did do one about President Obama," Ciemnolonski said. "My daughter was in the class that did the songs about Obama. It was black history month. ... It was something for the kids to celebrate."

That's a real stretch .....

Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama

.... is hardly a "direct quote" of the spiritual....

Red and yellow, black and white,

They are precious in His sight;

Jesus loves the little children of the world.

While I believe the songs were inappropriate, I think it was simply a matter of 'good intentions' but 'bad judgment.'

So AW, you would compare Obama to Jesus Christ?

And GostHacked, you are in effect comparing Obama to Washington and Lincoln.

I am just sitting here giggling as I imagine how members of Rabble/Babble would react if a teacher had their children singing songs of praise for Stephen Harper.

"Stephen J Harper,

he got the economy back on track,

Stephen J Harper,

said that Makmood Amajinabinabad is wack..."

I think it would be a great way for kids to feel patriotism about our government! Either that, or completely inappropriate. Mostly just the latter, now that I've had a chance to think about it...

-k

I had the same reaction but I thought of a song about George W Bush. Yours is better.

But Kimmy, you bring the point home. Obama is a charismatic figure and Harper and Bush are not. Pierre Trudeau was also charismatic and to his credit, Trudeau usually defied any cult status. But like Obama, Trudeau could hardly control what people do in his name.

I am naturally suspicious of charismatic politicians but they exist and many people (particularly women) prefer them. This may explain why women have difficulty succeeding in politics. A charismatic woman is almost an oxymoron.

Anyway, Obama is no incipient Stalin or Gaddhafi. To start with, Obama can only serve two terms. Moreover, I think the US constitution could withstand a cult leader. It was designed with such a possibility in mind.

-----

There is a different side to this video that I find more disturbing. When I saw it, I thought of The Children's Story by James Clavell. (The same guy who wrote King Rat, Shogun and the script for To Sir With Love.) If you haven't read it, it's very short and remarkable.

Edited by August1991

And GostHacked, you are in effect comparing Obama to Washington and Lincoln.

Well, they do all have something in common with each other.You know, being POTUS. So yeah, you can compare them. However, this looks like it was all part of Black History month and stuff. And you can compare the songs that are about each president.

Guest American Woman
So AW, you would compare Obama to Jesus Christ?

Yes. I would. That's why I said it was a stretch to say the song was a "direct quote" of the spiritual. :rolleyes:

In the meantime, Bush said God spoke through him, and I don't remember y'all having a fit.

"I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn’t do my job."

link

Guest American Woman
Yes it was all part of Black history month, because Washington and Lincoln were Black. :rolleyes:

February is also Presidents month. Which I already pointed out. And Washington and Lincoln were presidents. :rolleyes: