Liberal Platform

crazykai

I think it will it be vague as to make it easier to spin later on and it will it be set up to stump the Tories in a debate. Given the close nature of the Liberals and Tories in places like the 401 corridor and Edmonton and their closeless in the national polls, I am sure the Tories will hand some easy seats to the Bloc and the Liberals to the NDP in western Canada.

These are the changes from Harper I am hoping for, but not expecting... an earned income tax credit and larger maternal and parental leave benefits.

Even with Iggy having to operate as a red tory with razor thin Liberal minority, I will be so happy to no longer having a Prime Minister's Republican style paranoid fearmongering and negative tactics that insult my intelligence. Not to mention, his "stiffness" I see as more euphaism to his inability to sucessfully protray that he actually cares about people beause he doesn't. He is anti-social self centred nerd. Iggy might be come across as being a little pretenious, but he is likeable. I see Harper as more some with the brains to use other people to get his way to the top. I find Harper personnally as being on the most repulsive politicans in recent memory.

Edited by crazykai

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even with Iggy having to operate as a red tory with razor thin Liberal minority, I will be so happy to no longer having a Prime Minister's Republican style paranoid fearmongering and negative tactics that insult my intelligence. Not to mention, his "stiffness" I see as more euphaism to his inability to sucessfully protray that he actually cares about people beause he doesn't. He is anti-social self centred nerd. Iggy might be come across as being a little pretenious, but he is likeable. I see Harper as more some with the brains to use other people to get his way to the top. I find Harper personnally as being on the most repulsive politicans in recent memory.

I guess it's safe to say he won't be getting your vote eh?

Whatever platform the Liberals put forward, Bob Rae thinks it will be a "return to a normal situation". "Normal" no doubt meaning the Liberals will take their rightful place as the Natural Governing Party of Canada.

The Liberal MP said the Official Opposition has supported the minority government of Stephen Harper through a time of uncertainty and change, but it’s now time for action.

He called Tuesday’s tough talk by Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff a “return to a normal situation” and said the government has failed in dealing with Canadians abroad, the economy and the ongoing medical isotopes shortage.

http://thecambridgeadvocate.com/archives/p...-to-normal-rae/

Those Liberals, they're just not cut out to be the opposition.

liberal platform?

simple, they'll tell the middle class folk that not voting for them is racist, and that they'll simultanously increase spending (on roads healthcare etc) WITHOUT raising taxes (and the bemused little middle class boobies will stick their heads into the noose in drunken unconcern)...

next they'll get the minority vote by promising them more funds for "community projects", more commitees to promote their OWN racial/group interests, promise more funding for more affirmative action type programs (the funding will be payed for of course by the middle class tax paying animal), they'll promise more hate crime legislation to silence opposition,

they'll promise more welfare, "more safe injection sites" for the dregs of our society,

then its your usual liberal deconstruction of rights... attack gun ownership, increase driver's licences costs, promise more camera radars to filch yet more money out of the tax paying swine that we are, more taxes disguised as "safety measures"... the usual rape of Canadian rights and interests...

does anyone really expect any different?

next they'll get the minority vote by promising them more funds for "community projects", more commitees to promote their OWN racial/group interests...

Gee.... was it any different when the Calgary Stampede got 8 times more government funding than Toronto Pride only to have a big stink and a Montreal Gay festival cut? I smell hyprocracy, racism's ugly friend.

I wish I could vote... 1 more year.

It's not all its cracked up to be.

You should take up the cause of moving the country towards more direct democracy and perhaps even a new way of governing ourselves. I'd forgo parliamentary representation and use jury-like citizen's assemblies in concert with panels of techno/bureacrats, experts in other words, to craft legislation that citizens vote on in referenda and let councils of respected, seasoned and educated elders provide the sober second thought legislation requires.

I'd vote for something like that.

Gee.... was it any different when the Calgary Stampede got 8 times more government funding than Toronto Pride only to have a big stink and a Montreal Gay festival cut? I smell hyprocracy, racism's ugly friend.

the stampede is profitable... there is a difference.

And please, its not like there's a White Advocacy group that benefits from such fundage.

- tax reform, GST restored to the original 7% but with income tax breaks though an addition indexation of income tax brackets

Why do you think this would be a good idea during a recession?

I will be so happy to no longer having a Prime Minister's Republican style paranoid fearmongering and negative tactics that insult my intelligence.

Aside from Obama, I can't think of another politician who has been the target of paranoid fear mongering as Stephen Harper. I'm not making this up.

Not to mention, his "stiffness" I see as more euphaism to his inability to sucessfully protray that he actually cares about people beause he doesn't.

Do you think that's an intelligent statement? How does he compare to Chretien and Martin, considering how they affected health care and Canadians by slashing transfer payments? Or did they care about people because they were less stiff? ;)

He is anti-social self centred nerd. I find Harper personnally as being on the most repulsive politicans in recent memory.

I don't think Harper really cares if you like him personally. He's has made a number of decisions that were unpopular politically, for the betterment of Canada. Pointing out to the world that without the major emitters participation, Kyoto was fruitless, was one. Income trusts were another.

My impression of Ignatieff is that he wants a legacy. His comments about the only job of the prime minister is to unite the country point to this.

I will be so happy to no longer having a Prime Minister's Republican style paranoid fearmongering and negative tactics that insult my intelligence. Not to mention, his "stiffness" I see as more euphaism to his inability to sucessfully protray that he actually cares about people beause he doesn't. He is anti-social self centred nerd. Iggy might be come across as being a little pretenious, but he is likeable. I see Harper as more some with the brains to use other people to get his way to the top. I find Harper personnally as being on the most repulsive politicans in recent memory.

Stiffness? Is that really an important attribute for a political party? To "seem" to "care" about the "people"?

This is why canada is in the mess it is in.

It is a truism, of course, that in canadian "democracy" the people must be encouraged to imagine that it makes important decisions by voting, and must therefore be ordained by suitable propaganda, which implants silly notions, hopes and ideas to which the voters respond automatically as trained animals respond to words of command in a circus, thus leaving to the masses only a factitious choice between liar 1 or liar 2 on the basis of their preference for a certain kind of oratory, an "appearance of warmth instead of stiffness" a hair-style, or a particular facial expression.

Canadians are beginning to be like american voters in this respect... they want to vote for a person they feel they could go bowling, play basketball or have a beer with... THATS how leaders are chosen in "democratic" states that don't have checks on voter eligibility...

Edited by lictor616

Think it shows that the kick off isn't a particularly negative one. We'll see if the Tories go for a kick in the balls as their usual response.

I`m sorry but I find this statement absolutely comical, those mean Tories use attack ads, oh but the liberal attack ads are somehow defined differently.

So anything said by conservatives is bad, perhaps even evil, when said by a liberal its an enlightening truth. BS

Even Preson Manning was treated with less speculation, rumour and negative press than Harper.

Despite coming within a wisker of a majority, the Liberals refuse to believe that the Conservatives have the right to be in parliment, they have been uncooperative and partisan in everything they have done since. That shoe fits both parties, perhaps even more the Liberals.

I`m sorry but I find this statement absolutely comical, those mean Tories use attack ads, oh but the liberal attack ads are somehow defined differently.

Just pointing out that the campaign the Tories have mounted in recent years is on the negative side.

This ad the Liberals have put out is pretty low key.

So anything said by conservatives is bad, perhaps even evil, when said by a liberal its an enlightening truth. BS

Even Preson Manning was treated with less speculation, rumour and negative press than Harper.

Despite coming within a wisker of a majority, the Liberals refuse to believe that the Conservatives have the right to be in parliment, they have been uncooperative and partisan in everything they have done since. That shoe fits both parties, perhaps even more the Liberals.

Look, Harper has said he wants to do things differently. If you have to justify present behaviour by going back five, ten or even longer back in the past, it doesn't help the cause.

Just pointing out that the campaign the Tories have mounted in recent years is on the negative side.

This ad the Liberals have put out is pretty low key.

Look, Harper has said he wants to do things differently. If you have to justify present behaviour by going back five, ten or even longer back in the past, it doesn't help the cause.

There is no one so righteous as a thief falsely accused, this time!

I think the Liberals will try to reassure the mainstream, but their main attack will be to the Left. The Liberals have a chance of picking up seats in this election, but not by going after the Tories directly. The NDP are weak, and if the Liberals can take more votes from them they can take seats not only from the NDP but from Tories. The Conservatives won a lot of three way races which they will lose if the NDP support falls off too much.

Same in Quebec. The Liberal attacks will be on the BQ. Even if they seems to be attacking Harper, the attacks will be aimed at BQ supporters more than Tory supporters.