North Korea agrees to free U.S. journalists

The point is that he is Canadian and shouldn't be subjected to torture and whatever other crap the U.S. military does in Gitmo. If Khadr is guilty of the accused crimes, bring him back and let him rot in our jails amidst some basic human rights.

If he's brought back to Canada he's be set free, no question about it. I don't want terrorists walking free in this country. Let him rot where he is, or send him back to Afghanistan - maybe the next time he ran across a NATO soldier he'd be shot on sight instead of being taken prisoner.

If he's brought back to Canada he's be set free, no question about it. I don't want terrorists walking free in this country. Let him rot where he is, or send him back to Afghanistan - maybe the next time he ran across a NATO soldier he'd be shot on sight instead of being taken prisoner.

Theoretically, it will be no essential difference between his trial is in America and in Canada if we assume the legal systems are alike in two countries. If he is sent back to Canada, Americans can also come to a Canadian court and present evidence to sue him.(I know practically there has difference.)

Even if he is trialed in America, there is also a posibility that he will be released in court or after many years in jail(He was only 15 when he committed the alleged crimes, so there is nobody who wants him facing death penalty, I suppose.). If he still wants to come back Canada, can Canada refuse his request since he is still a Canadian citizen?

On the other hand, I agree M.Dancer's another statement. He was caught in Afghanistan, a foreign country, by Americans on the scene where American troops were engaging in militants, not in Canada. According to international law, America or Afghanistan have the legal rights to trail him first by their laws even if their laws are conflicted with Canadian laws.

The two American "reporters" for one. If they were in China territory but kidnapped by North Korea agents or something, according international law, America and China can do anything to demand their release, including to make war on North Korea to force them being repatriated. But if they were in North Korean territory, it's North Korean government has the legal rights to deal with them and America has nothing to do except depending on North Korean communist emperor's mercy. This is why Clinton's trip practically can be considered as a successful rescue action.

Theoretically, it will be no essential difference between his trial is in America and in Canada if we assume the legal systems are alike in two countries. If he is sent back to Canada, Americans can also come to a Canadian court and present evidence to sue him.(I know practically there has difference.)

Even if he is trialed in America, there is also a posibility that he will be released in court or after many years in jail(He was only 15 when he committed the alleged crimes, so there is nobody who wants him facing death penalty, I suppose.).

The difference being that in America, he would get a far longer sentence than he would in Canada.

The difference being that in America, he would get a far longer sentence than he would in Canada.

That's the truth...

And that's why some west blames on Chinese demerit are not always welcome in Chinese people, especially among those who know west well. And the reason is not all due to national pride.

There is a joke. There were an American, a Chinese and a Canadian in a company working in different departments. One day, they decided to have a meeting in a meeting room to discuss something at 9 o'clock. When the time came, the American was the first one who entered the meeting room, the Chinese was the second and the Canadian was the third. After they all had their seats, the American and the Canadian blamed the Chinese, "you didn't come in time. Is it because your watch is made of China?....yes, no surprise it is. We think you'd better buy an 'made-in-America/Canda' one to instead. "

The Chinese thought they might be right. He bought the watch in a Chinese bazaar with 80 cents and he never expected its accuracy. It seems that the time has come to replace it. Then he asked, "made-in-America or made-in-Canada, which one is better?"

"Of course a made-in-America watch is better. Look at him, " the American pointed to the Canadian, "his watch is a made-in-canada one, so he is also late."

"No, it is not." the Canadian retorted, "My made-in-Canada watch never makes me late. It's his made-in-American watch to make him coming too early..."

When the American and the Canadian were arguing whose watch was better, the Chinese had rethought about his colleagues'

accusement. "If they even didn't know whether their watches were correct or not,"the Chinese thought, " how on earth could they know that my watch was wrong?"

:P:lol:

The point is that he is Canadian and shouldn't be subjected to torture and whatever other crap the U.S. military does in Gitmo. If Khadr is guilty of the accused crimes, bring him back and let him rot in our jails amidst some basic human rights.

Why not? Are Canadians special? Is it OK to "torture" Mexicans instead? :lol:

Looks like I was ahead of the curve last week...

Was Bill Clinton's visit to North Korea worth the time, energy, and prestige? No way

Are the North Korean people not being assured, through their megaphone media, that the sun shines so consistently out of the rear end of their celestial boss that even powerful U.S. statesmen will appear at the airport to bring apologies, pay tribute, and receive custody of uninvited guests in the workers' paradise?

Slate

Was Bill Clinton's visit to North Korea worth the time, energy, and prestige? No way

And all I thought it really was about was freeing two Americans while giving Obama the distance he needed.

Are the North Korean people not being assured, through their megaphone media, that the sun shines so consistently out of the rear end of their celestial boss that even powerful U.S. statesmen will appear at the airport to bring apologies, pay tribute, and receive custody of uninvited guests in the workers' paradise?

Slate

holy. partisan hack.

are you ever a sad case.

who gives a shit about clinton's obsession with clinton. he managed to bring 2 prisoners home.

reading what you write is like watching foxnews' retarded brother attempting to type.

Slate

Honestly, it's typical political-correct extremists's nonsense. I don't know any North Korean, but I bet they just like other people around the world---also have the organ named brain, that means they can think, not only take what the media tells them. If I was a North korean and only could gather information from North Korean media, I might also think, "why a former American President, which is usually described as the biggest oppressor of capitalism by our media, can come in body to rescue two humble common American citizens? If a common North Korean citizen like me was detained in somewhere, might our 'celestial boss' also come to save me?"

If anyone wants to change them, the first thing he has to do is to contact with them, not to add a new Berlin Wall alongside the old one built by Kims.

Edited by xul

North Korean leader Kim Jong Il has pardoned two jailed American journalists and ordered their release after an unannounced meeting with former President Bill Clinton, media reports said.

Teeth-whitening

Ummm....yeah...wouldn't have known that with out you.