Harper threatens Ignatieff with old videos

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...528?hub=QPeriod

During Question Period Wednesday, Prime Minister Stephen Harper told the Commons he had lots of tapes featuring Ignatieff.

"I cannot fire the Leader of the Opposition and with all the tapes I have on him, I do not want to," Harper said.

The Conservatives are said to be poring over old video clips of Ignatieff speeches and interviews from his past career as a journalist, author and public intellectual to find potentially embarrassing remarks.

Let the tapes rip. It seems they do more harm to the Tories and Harper each time they do it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the tapes have anything to do with Harper's worsening poll numbers. It more has to do with (as I predicted in December) how governments tend to fair HORRIBLE in the midst and aftermath of recessions. There are few exceptions to this.

He's refering to the new poll that says the ads are doing more harm than good.

That's just simple psychology. A recession-weary population, historically speaking, inevitably blames it on the ruling government. Causes and effects aren't rationalized. This blaming naturally leads the people to see the government in a negative light and as an extension everything they do. If Harper was in China right now savings Panda bears from poachers and negotiating lasting peace in Palestine, he'd still go down in flames in the polls probably.

That's why I was saying back in December he should have just let the Coalition happen. Instead he fought to maintain control over a sinking ship and subsequently he'll get blamed for it.

indeed... Harper hunched over, headphones attached... fixated on every Ignatieff word from a cavalcade of life's writings/speeches/commentary. Shouts of, "ah ha"... "now, I've got you", prattle through. Not a pretty sight! :lol:

"Nixonian" Harper Threatens

In a move described as "Nixonian," Prime Minister Stephen Harper suggested he would release potentially damaging videotapes of Michael Ignatieff

Ignatieff described the comment as the "most Nixonian" of Harper's many remarks to him. "Every day that goes by, he's more like Richard Nixon," Ignatieff told reporters.

"We are in the middle of the most serious economic crisis since the Second World War and the Prime Minister ... is wasting his time listening to tapes of me," Ignatieff said.

If there is evidence of the man being anything and everything but a Canadian - then let's see/hear them.

After all that fraudulent SOB called himelf an American and has belittled Canada from afar.

All he seeks is money and power

He has the money - being born with a silver spoon in his mouth and now he seeks the power.

Rest assured the lib loving Canadians will vote for him - after all their parents voted lib and their grandparents did and their .......

Most could not think for themselves if it was shoved up their hiney to help them

Borg

Those politicians can no nothing but fighting each other try to steal the privilege to creating laws and rules to steal more taxes from people.

Nobody actually care about Canada's future and doing something really good for Canadian people.

The education system is still generating such kind of people for future politicians, unqualified doctors and other unqualified professionals.

If only we were more like China.

I really did not mention China. But as you mentioned, I give you some data:

China economy growth will be at least 6.5% this year. How much will Harper manage to do?

China's doctors doing 3-5 surgeries a day, the practice make them much more skillful than their Canadian counterpart.

China astronaut walking in space from their own spaceship.

Patent Filings by China in 2006 was 7.3% of the world, Canada is less than 1.6% (don't know the number) http://www.wipo.int/ipstats/en/statistics/...po_pub_931.html

China got 100 medals in Olympic games and Canada get 18

Edited by bjre

Why would the Tories bring out the videos, because they don't know how to present an intelligent verb way of defending their actions or maybe they know they can't. Instead of telling Canadians what they are doing and why, its easier for them to produce video tapes of Iggy. So Harper stays in the basement making tapes to save his ass in the next election, 500,000 are searching for jobs!

That's just simple psychology. A recession-weary population, historically speaking, inevitably blames it on the ruling government.

In that respect, the Liberals are right that the Conservatives "own" this deficit.

"The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best." Will Rogers.

In that respect, the Liberals are right that the Conservatives "own" this deficit.

"The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best." Will Rogers.

Your right about the deficit, they were in the red before the recession hit. The took 40 Bil from EI to pay towards the debt and now they are 50 in deficit, seems like they are going around in circles.

I agree with your first sentence, "let the tapes rip" and sooner the better.

Suit yourself. The Decima poll just released shows how little the electorate think of the tactic.

Ignatieff is a danger to Canadian unity just like Trudeau was.

And Harper is a danger to every kitten on the planet.

I really did not mention China. But as you mentioned, I give you some data:

China economy growth will be at least 6.5% this year. How much will Harper manage to do?

China's doctors doing 3-5 surgeries a day, the practice make them much more skillful than their Canadian counterpart.

China astronaut walking in space from their own spaceship.

Patent Filings by China in 2006 was 7.3% of the world, Canada is less than 1.6% (don't know the number) http://www.wipo.int/ipstats/en/statistics/...po_pub_931.html

China got 100 medals in Olympic games and Canada get 18

Yes China is definitely a country we should strive to be like... Here are some Chinese stats you conveniently left out of your post.

Number of peaceful demonstrators killed by tanks in Canada 0 Counter parts in China 241 as per the government as many as 2000-3000 per other sources.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiananmen_Squ...rotests_of_1989

Number of times Canada Annexed Tibet 0 China 2 (in the last century alone)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Ti...nist_government

Number of female babies abandoned or left to die simply because they are female in Canada (very difficult to find there are roughly 88,000 children in Canada in foster care both male and female, but many were taken from their parents. Let's call it 44,000 for arguments sake.

http://www.elizabethwiebesociety.org/

Number in China? Hundreds of thousands of females abandoned http://www.cocoa.org.uk/

Yep China is definitely a country we should emulate.

Oh and as for the Olympics, let's chat after the winter Olympics, something tells me you'll be singing a different tune.

Yes China is definitely a country we should strive to be like... Here are some Chinese stats you conveniently left out of your post.

Number of peaceful demonstrators killed by tanks in Canada 0 Counter parts in China 241 as per the government as many as 2000-3000 per other sources.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiananmen_Squ...rotests_of_1989

No peaceful demonstrators killed by tanks in China, if someone killed by tank (I don't know if it exist), it was due to violence.

Peaceful demonstrators killed by army happened only in United States.

The web-link you talk about is mostly lie backed by CIA/FED or other other organizations for their own interest.

Number of times Canada Annexed Tibet 0 China 2 (in the last century alone)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Ti...nist_government

Tibet is a part of China for hundreds of years before European people invade Canada and drive the first nations away.

Number of female babies abandoned or left to die simply because they are female in Canada (very difficult to find there are roughly 88,000 children in Canada in foster care both male and female, but many were taken from their parents. Let's call it 44,000 for arguments sake.

http://www.elizabethwiebesociety.org/

Number in China? Hundreds of thousands of females abandoned http://www.cocoa.org.uk/

The numbers are basically lies for political purpose.

Canada has a number of those too.

Besides: 1% Ontario kids were persecuted by Children's Aid Society, 44% kids persecuted by Children's Aid Society in BC were educated to be prisoners in Canada.

Countless males were charged as victims of the interest of legal system industry, woman's shelter movements industry so that they can ask money from taxpayers.

Edited by bjre

No peaceful demonstrators killed by tanks in China, if someone killed by tank (I don't know if it exist), it was due to violence.

Peaceful demonstrators killed by army happened only in United States.

The web-link you talk about is mostly lie backed by CIA/FED or other other organizations for their own interest.

So basically you're saying that the unarmed protestors in tienemen square were violently attacking armored tanks? They didn't actually run over an unarmed person? There is hundreds of links to footage on this and it is beyond denial.

Tibet is a part of China for hundreds of years before European people invade Canada and drive the first nations away.

Not according to the people of Tibet it's not. They want to leave you're happy family but your government will not allow this. If they don't want to be part of China, They feel they are not part of China then you're government is holding them against their will.

1% Ontario kids were persecuted by Children's Aid Society, 44% kids persecuted by Children's Aid Society in BC were educated to be prisoners in Canada.

Countless males were charged as victims of the interest of legal system industry, woman's shelter movements industry so that they can ask money from taxpayers.

As I mentioned There are abandoned children in Canada, but Chinese families will abandon a child because it is female and they wanted a boy, again there is tons of documentation on this. Canada isn't perfect, but China has a long way to go before it even comes close to Canada's human rights record.

So basically you're saying that the unarmed protestors in tienemen square were violently attacking armored tanks? They didn't actually run over an unarmed person? There is hundreds of links to footage on this and it is beyond denial.

All those links are origin from the lies initialed by CIA / FED.

The protestors did not carry guns, but they killed people, destroy property, prevent others from go to working.

Not according to the people of Tibet it's not. They want to leave you're happy family but your government will not allow this. If they don't want to be part of China, They feel they are not part of China then you're government is holding them against their will.

Are the first nation people now willing Canadian gov oppupiy their lands?

Your suggestion of the feelings of Tibet people is only the small part of Tibetans that lives outside China. Most Tibetans in China lives much happier than previously under the ruling of DaLai who ruled Tibet with slavery before 1959.

As I mentioned There are abandoned children in Canada, but Chinese families will abandon a child because it is female and they wanted a boy, again there is tons of documentation on this. Canada isn't perfect, but China has a long way to go before it even comes close to Canada's human rights record.

The documentation you read is basically a lie. Go to China to see the truth.

The human right is basically a tool for politicians to survive, it has nothing to do with people's everyday life.

I am in Canada for years, my vote is only one vote can not decide anything.

Politicians can control votes by media by sending some dirty news and lies.

Lots of people who have votes still lost their jobs.

Lots of husbands still faced legal attacking by the people from women's shelter movements instead of their wifes.

Lots of kids still be kidnapped by CAS.

24000 Canadians still die of medical errors yearly in Canada.

What can I do with the human right (I have?) in Canada.

What can the people do on this? Nothing.

Actually what is most important is education system.

We need an education system that can make people able to think of others, that can have ability to creatively solve problems instead of blame others everyday.

Edited by bjre

All those links are origin from the lies initialed by CIA / FED.

The protestors did not carry guns, but they killed people, destroy property, prevent others from go to working.

So because the source is not the Chinese government it's not reliable? CIA/FED is the source? There are a myriad of sources on this atrocity many of wich are not government sources.

Are the first nation people now willing Canadian gov oppupiy their lands?

Your suggestion of the feelings of Tibet people is only the small part of Tibetans that lives outside China. Most Tibetans in China lives much happier than previously under the ruling of DaLai who ruled Tibet with slavery before 1959.

First nations definitely an issue in Canada I won't deny that. That's the difference between us and China we can admit we've made mistakes and we don't try to hide or obfuscate the situation. There are a myriad of other wrongs committed by our forefathers. The expulsion of the Acadians, the battle of the plains of abraham, the list goes on and on. The difference? These didn't happen in the last 100 years, China is still committing numerous human rights violations. Can you admit that China and it's government has done wrong in the past? I doubt it.

The documentation you read is basically a lie. Go to China to see the truth.

The human right is basically a tool for politicians to survive, it has nothing to do with people's everyday life.

I am in Canada for years, my vote is only one vote can not decide anything.

Politicians can control votes by media by sending some dirty news and lies.

Lots of people who have votes still lost their jobs.

Lots of husbands still faced legal attacking by the people from women's shelter movements instead of their wifes.

Lots of kids still be kidnapped by CAS.

24000 Canadians still die of medical errors yearly in Canada.

What can I do with the human right (I have?) in Canada.

What can the people do on this? Nothing.

Actually what is most important is education system.

We need an education system that can make people able to think of others, that can have ability to creatively solve problems instead of blame others everyday.

The documentation on the female abandoment rate is likely exagerated but not by much. Honestly you don't have to be a genius to see there is a population imbalance when it comes to male to female ratio. This is an undeniable fact and it is not a natural phenomenom. It is a direct result of the one child rule and the cultural perference for boys.

As for the medical mistakes, how many people die in China due to medical errors? Tank injuries not withstanding I'm guessing quite a bit more than 24000.

Denying that China doesn't commit crimes against humanity doesn't make it so. There is a reason China isn't respected in the international community and it has nothing to do with the CIA/FED. It has to do with how they treat their own citizens and the heavy restrictions on free speech and free thought.

As an aside, if China is so much better than Canada, why do you live here?

Edited by Dave_ON