The Ultimate Liberal Conundrum

Hey - marriage is sex - men do not have sex with other men - nor do woman have sex with other woman ...it's not mean spirited on my part - I just don't like the word sex redefined - or marrage - be together if you wish but don't put yourself in the same catagory as a person with breeding capablities when you have none - that's like a beggar standing on the corner claiming he wants the right to control the Bank of Canada..well he's not a banker...and passing a law saying his is will never make him so.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of my. How to decide between them? Does dark skin override being gay or vice versa? Please somebody from the left help me decide!

Exactly! But what happens when someone is gay AND has dark skin? I think that's when a liberal's head actually spins 360 degrees and then pops off.

I don't know if anyone's noticed, but dobbin seems to be depressed these days. Comments like, "kill them all" or " Do you get punched in the nose a lot when you go out?" and others betray a sad, bitter person who's lost his balance. I wonder if he's in the middle of a nasty divorce or something?

I don't know if anyone's noticed, but dobbin seems to be depressed these days. Comments like, "kill them all" or " Do you get punched in the nose a lot when you go out?" and others betray a sad, bitter person who's lost his balance. I wonder if he's in the middle of a nasty divorce or something?

Good observation. He's most likely projecting his own thoughts/feelings/experiences on to others in this forum. Or, the Liberals may be late sending him his weekly propaganda check, so he's working with half the effort.

Probably had a revelation that his life was lived in error - and is to proud to change and to mean to cry or beg as the song goes.. Funny - once you mature - you discover one thing about yourself - take a look at some old video footage of who you were 20 years ago - and you will say one thing - "boy was I a stupid man".

Good observation. He's most likely projecting his own thoughts/feelings/experiences on to others in this forum. Or, the Liberals may be late sending him his weekly propaganda check, so he's working with half the effort.

The ethnic nastiness I see from the far right, radical, extremist movement seems to indicate a violent streak. I suppose you both could be pussycats but it certainly doesn't sound like it.

Better check your Tory talking points soon, right?

Edited by jdobbin

Probably had a revelation that his life was lived in error - and is to proud to change and to mean to cry or beg as the song goes.. Funny - once you mature - you discover one thing about yourself - take a look at some old video footage of who you were 20 years ago - and you will say one thing - "boy was I a stupid man".

Given some of the hateful things you have said in these forums that bordered on genocide, you might want to find a time travel machine so you can get some insight now.

The ethnic nastiness I see from the far right, radical, extremist movement seems to indicate a violent streak.

If you think treating everyone, as equals, regardless of colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, etc, is radical and extremist, then that says much more about you, then it does me.

If you think treating everyone, as equals, regardless of colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, etc, is radical and extremist, then that says much more about you, then it does me.

But you don't treat everyone as equals as far as I can tell. So I guess that says a lot more about you than it does about me.

The ethnic nastiness I see from the far right, radical, extremist movement seems to indicate a violent streak. I suppose you both could be pussycats but it certainly doesn't sound like it.

Better check your Tory talking points soon, right?

Yeah, no doubt about it, the guy is in a funk.

Dobbin, maybe you should knock off early once in a while, go to a park and look up at the clear blue sky. It might give you a new perspective! :lol:

Conservatives are secretive - when they are quietly violent you don't see it - Liberals are violent when they are protecting your rights - and you wonder what kind of rights they grant - If you don't like their rights and want another set displayed for choice - well - you are in trouble - they will prosecute you to death with some real nice liberal lawyers - who plot all in the name of caring..that's violent.

• 2 weeks later...
And I throw it back on the Conservatives which I know you don't like but it is a question that has to be asked.

We have seen what the Conservative solution is: Use Parliament for their own purposes rather than let the courts decide a civil matter.

And Rightists chose to ignore things and hope the Liberals or NDP will unblock the roads. The Tories were utter cowards on the Tamil matter and have chosen to regard the 300,000 Tamil Canadians as terrorists.

And the right chooses to regard both as enemies.

Is the principle of the Conservatives to write off certain segments of the population?

Conservatives. If Robert Stanfield were alive, would be he believe the lack of compassion and outright hostility to large segments of the population? I suspect not. Stanfield was not a divider.

The Conservatives today, under Harper, want to see people placed in a box.

Your comment are rather foolish to say the least.The truth is,in Canada,ALL parties are pretty left wing.They differ mainly in the area of spending,some always want more,some want to spend within our means.

By all means let unelected,mainly left leaning judges have the final say on all matters.And the Liberals and NDP let the Conservatives make the unpopular,but correct decisions and at the end of the day,the Liberals reap the rewards.Remember the GST?How about free trade?Drastically raising immigration levels is another example.

A Tamil protest blocking the Toronto pride parade. :o

Discuss

While I am a left-winger, it is based on my belief in helping the common man. These "causes" stray far from the mainstream agenda of lifting up people when they fall, and giving common people a chance.

I am assuming it's a "gay pride" parade that the Tamils were obstructing.

The (L)(l)iberals (both small and big "L") have a real conundrum. The extremist groups, such as militant Muslims as well as Tamils, are really very illiberal when it comes to other favored groups, such as homosexuals, and people of other races and religions. For example, the countries that routinely decry Western democracies as "racist" are not notably tolerant of other races and religions. Homosexuals by an dlarge don't do very well in Muslim lands.

The (L)(l)iberals (both small and big "L") are thus supreme and blatant hypocrits. They supoprt the "rights" of opponents of any group that is either economically or socially successful, or that is trying to undermine Western society overall. That these groups are frequently quite intolerant themselves, and hate each other, is of no concern to them.

We have seen what the Conservative solution is: Use Parliament for their own purposes rather than let the courts decide a civil matter.
And you block people in a civil manner?

That these groups are frequently quite intolerant themselves, and hate each other, is of no concern to them.

Yes, I am even tolerant of you, and there appears to be no end of different groups you hate. I particularly enjoy the compulsion to identify yourself as a leftwinger whenever you express your hatred towards leftwingers.

Perhaps you should start identifying yourself as a Muslim too.

Yes, I am even tolerant of you,
Barely, and I'm one of the few of your non-sycophants who even gives your post due respect and substantive response.
and there appears to be no end of different groups you hate.
Which ones?
I particularly enjoy the compulsion to identify yourself as a leftwinger whenever you express your hatred towards leftwingers.
I want to see a world where Sotomaier is thought of first as a great jurist and much later as a Hispanic female. I want to see a world where the GG is identified first as a Quebec separatist and much later as a Black Female. The world I want to see is one based on equality of opportunity, on colorblindness. When I go to my black law partner's office, I go because of her expertise in various areas of law. I do not go because she's black or Jamaican.
Perhaps you should start identifying yourself as a Muslim too.
I've never identified to you my religion, maybe I am.

Harper says two different things about Quebecers depending on if he is in Quebec or elsewhere in Canada.

As does Ignatief. I bet he won't be going to Vancouver or Toronto and telling them that Francophones won the war, as he did to a recent gathering of Quebecers.

The angrier Jdobbin gets the more absurd adjectives he flings at conservatives.

Far-right radical extremists? That's somehow much worse than simply far-right extremists!

For that matter, extremists are worse if they're "far right", or is it that the "far right" are worse when they're "extremists"? Are there "far right" people who AREN'T extremists?

But you don't treat everyone as equals as far as I can tell. So I guess that says a lot more about you than it does about me.

You don't treat anyone as equals. So what does that say about your whole movement?

How big of you to respect us commoners being as we are.

It's too bad that you look down upon us though.

I look down on almost everyone. :-)

People are stupid. The more people, the more stupid.