George Galloway

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly don't support George Galloway and his views if he is a Hamas/Hezbollah supporter but I'm not sure whether barring him from Canada is the right thing to do.It's the same thing that routinely happens on Canadian universities where free speech is under attack and political correctness is the only way.

What sort of Bolshevik dungeon of a country are we allowing canada to become? First Ernst Zundel now this?

What are we afraid of? Censorship is a mark of fear. Especially when we consider that Galloway is very close ideologically to the "lie-beral" party... perhaps Galloway is just a bit more "communistic" and is even unabashed about it...

"Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime."

~Potter Stewart

"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too."

~Voltaire

"We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still."

~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

Huh?

You had stated that anyone on our soil benefits from the charter. I believe the appropriate response, as stated by Argus, was that he isn't on our soil. Seems pretty logical, what part of it are you having trouble following?

it looks like the Jewish Defence League of Canada has quite the grip on both harper and iggy's testicles.

Or perhaps, they're both right, and you're wrong.

You had stated that anyone on our soil benefits from the charter.

Which is true.

Perhaps shady, you might see why I posted that , and in your own words, what part of it are you having trouble following? (hint see post by wilber)

Perhaps a bigger print size would help you?

I believe the appropriate response, as stated by Argus, was that he isn't on our soil.

Which was fine, but irrelevant, ergo, what part what part of it are you having trouble following?

Seems pretty logical, what part of it are you having trouble following?

Thats actually quite funny seeing as how you are having trouble following along.

Hows that arm today?

You had stated that anyone on our soil benefits from the charter. I believe the appropriate response, as stated by Argus, was that he isn't on our soil. Seems pretty logical, what part of it are you having trouble following?

Or perhaps, they're both right, and you're wrong.

no it probably is the terrorism of the JDL that's behind this nonsense... They've been know to suppress goyish criticisms...

What sort of Bolshevik dungeon of a country are we allowing canada to become? First Ernst Zundel now this?

What are we afraid of? Censorship is a mark of fear. Especially when we consider that Galloway is very close ideologically to the "lie-beral" party... perhaps Galloway is just a bit more "communistic" and is even unabashed about it...

"Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime."

~Potter Stewart

"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too."

~Voltaire

"We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still."

~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

It's not about censorship, it's about who you let into your country. Hey, I'm an ahole therfore you must let me into your country so I can act like one. No thanks.

It's not about censorship, it's about who you let into your country. Hey, I'm an ahole therfore you must let me into your country so I can act like one. No thanks.

an ahole?

how objective!

and I can't help but think: hey! we let a LOT of aholes (like the tamils, muslim fundamentalists, and even KNOWN terrorists) and they DO act like complete aholes with their shenanigans about Kirpans or ceremonial daggers that we let their kids brandish in our schools with OUR children, muslim fundamentalists who tell us our culture and country is diseased and an abomination, and that our women are whores... while we pay them their welfare and they reap the advatages of our culture...

but we can't handle a dude like Galloway?

something isn't logical here.

No kidding.

hmmm that is rather awkward... but did you notice the words taht precede that part of the sentence " with their shenanigans about Kirpans or ceremonial daggers that "

someone not completely obtuse would have caught on and assumed that I was talking about brandishing "kirpans and ceremonial daggers" not children...

did you have a refutation or comment on something other then sentence structure?

Edited by lictor616

Oh come on Toad. You know darned well why. This has been turned into a free speech issue by Conservatives bashers. It's another opportunity to point fingers at the big bad Tories who are killing free speech and embarrassing the country.

And, in turn, the Tories will do it to the Liberals when they're in power. At any rate, refusing the guy entry was silly, and making a big deal about his refusal was silly. Making something like this controversial, by any form, only gives this idiot more influence, not less.

I don't care about his parliamentary standing. Galloway has been deemed to be in contravention of our laws. If this were not the case, as much as I think he is despicable, I would defend his right to free speech in Canada and elsewhere.

Our laws on free speech are anything but free.

The irony is that if any one of us publicly said half of the hateful things he says, we'd be hauled in front of the Human Rights Commission.

And that's bad too. I loath pseudo-judicial tribunals, limits on free speech, and the moronic idea that dangerous ideas can be destroyed by silence. You can only destroy bad ideas by logical rebuttal. Refusing this twerp entry only draws attention to his idiocies, just as acting as if he's got something important to say does the same.

In short, everyone should shut the f*** up. He's like crackpots like Zundel, he thrives on attention.

Feeling empathy for the Palestine people and offering relief does not make you a member of, or supporter of, terrorists. Why do you think the Palestine people were so desperate that they saw Hamas as the only gov't who could get them out of the horrible restrictions imposed on them by Israel?

We created Hamas for not helping sooner and giving them an option.

Oh BS. We've dumping millions into their pockets for years. The problem is that the Palestinian Authority is completely insane, lurching between severe corruption and lunatic fanaticism.

I am curious as to the security threat and would like to know more.

indeed - if only to better understand the threat extent that Galloway could "pee on our carpet"... such eloquence coming from Alykhan Velshi, the spokesweasel for Harper's Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister, Jason Kenney.

Alykhan Velshi in conversation with Britian's Channel 4 News

You really hate Jews, don't you, dub.

why would you say that? how does my comment equal to me hating jews? what's wrong with you? why are people like you so quick to play the antisemitism card? can you be any more predictable?

the JDL of Canada sent an open letter to the Canadian government and the Canadian government listened. it's not like the JDL of Canada made it a secret that they pushed for galloway's ban.

Huh?

My reply was to this..

So? The point remains. He is not in Canada and thus has no rights of any kind under our Constitution. He certainly has no right to come here. No one does who is not a Canadian citizen.

an ahole?

how objective!

and I can't help but think: hey! we let a LOT of aholes (like the tamils, muslim fundamentalists, and even KNOWN terrorists) and they DO act like complete aholes with their shenanigans about Kirpans or ceremonial daggers that we let their kids brandish in our schools with OUR children, muslim fundamentalists who tell us our culture and country is diseased and an abomination, and that our women are whores... while we pay them their welfare and they reap the advatages of our culture...

but we can't handle a dude like Galloway?

something isn't logical here.

What's illogical is for you to not want foreign trash into Canada - except for this foreign trash. A more logical and appropriate belief would be that we should not let ANY foreign trash into Canada, regardless of what kind of trash it is.

And that's bad too. I loath pseudo-judicial tribunals, limits on free speech, and the moronic idea that dangerous ideas can be destroyed by silence. You can only destroy bad ideas by logical rebuttal. Refusing this twerp entry only draws attention to his idiocies, just as acting as if he's got something important to say does the same.

In short, everyone should shut the f*** up. He's like crackpots like Zundel, he thrives on attention.

I would tend to agree. I'm generally against any suppression of free speech. On the other hand, we're under no obligation to let foreign trash into Canada so they can spew whatever venomous drivel they think will get them an audience. Galloway seems to reek of all sorts of problems. I probably wouldn't have banned him, but I'm not about to get all upset by him not being allowed entry.

why would you say that? how does my comment equal to me hating jews?

I apologize if I'm mistaking your belief then. Generally speaking, most of the people who start making noises about the JDL and other Jewish organizations controlling government are those who like to wear white sheets at night and set fire to crosses.

It's certainly true that the JDL won't like Galloway, and it's certainly true the JDL does its best to suppress any kind of speech which they find to be anti-Semitic. I disagree with them and find that stance to often be stupid and counter productive. But to suggest it has any undue influence on government is idiotic. This government has lots of reasons on its own to dislike Galloway and his ilk. I dislike him rather a lot myself and so far as I'm aware there isn't a drop of Jewish blood in my body.

Edited by Argus