6 month madaTORY for 1 plant

You did no such thing because my claims were not false. 1-200 plants nets a mandatory 6 month sentence under the new bill. Seems like if I'm going to grow 1 plant for my own use I might as well grow 200 as the penalty willll be the same. Most personal/medical grows are about 25-50 plants, but i suspect most people will upgrade to 200 since the punishment under conservative cookie cutter justice would be the same for a 200 plant gro-op as a 6 plant personal closet garden.
You read it wrong. You get 6 months for one plant. If you have 200 plants, you get 200 x 6 months or 100 years in jail.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You read it wrong. You get 6 months for one plant. If you have 200 plants, you get 200 x 6 months or 100 years in jail.

Lets be like the Americans and privatize our jails making them into great and greedy profit machines of the lowest most base kind -- then do what some American states do - give a pot smoker 20 years to keep some rich evil bastard rich...why not be honest and give pot smokers life...and maybe give double life terms to those that drink un-pastureized milk?

Lets be like the Americans and privatize our jails making them into great and greedy profit machines of the lowest most base kind -- then do what some American states do - give a pot smoker 20 years to keep some rich evil bastard rich...why not be honest and give pot smokers life...and maybe give double life terms to those that drink un-pastureized milk?

This bill is either sinister or just plain stupid - but as I love to say - evil and stupidy are the same entity.

There is only one way to get that kind of hard time, and that means more than simple possession of one ounce or less. The rube dopers whine like stuck pigs when they get caught up in a game that any half-witted criminal knows the score of. I have more respect for the gang-bangers who take their prison medicine than the decrim whiners.

There is only one way to get that kind of hard time, and that means more than simple possession of one ounce or less. The rube dopers whine like stuck pigs when they get caught up in a game that any half-witted criminal knows the score of. I have more respect for the gang-bangers who take their prison medicine than the decrim whiners.

Just pushing buttons here BC ..BUT as it was with the take over of Central American companies by American concerns --- if congress would not fund a mini-war - They would go get a ton of cocacaine and distribute in in East L A...then off the CIA would go to the gun runners to equip a "communist" army of dupes...to remove the competion...jezzz - what a system...I have no sympathy for any of them - a man must know his limits to maintain good health and life - if he does not - then let the Darwinist theorcrats jail the bastard.

.....I have no sympathy for any of them - a man must know his limits to maintain good health and life - if he does not - then let the Darwinist theorcrats jail the bastard.

I hear you 'Bro...it just gets so old. Been listening to these pot whiners since 1967! Move to Modesto, CA for krissakes and smoke all the geef you want....but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....they want to sell it too.

No wonder they call it dope.

I hear you 'Bro...it just gets so old. Been listening to these pot whiners since 1967! Move to Modesto, CA for krissakes and smoke all the geef you want....but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....they want to sell it too.

No we just want you to mind your own fucking business and leave us alone.

That's the difference - when we were part of the scene - pot was not a monetary issue..it was not sold for great profits - it was passed about and the cost was minimal - soon as greed and comercialization entered.. the spirit died - and the potency increased to increase profits ---- smoke some nice sun grown hash as compared to mafia pot or greed pot ----one high is delightful and the other is - well -------------nasty ---go figure - commericalization ruined the herb...now it is not fit to smoke...it's almost poison...but a bit of gin can detoxify it.. no - I did not inhale or have sex with "that woman" ---- got ah take the mutts out - thanks - America is in safe hands...hope they are at least taking care of your expenses... Who said we can't get along....America and Canada...but we get to be boss --- okay? well ------awh come on...let Iggy blow a dube with bom a bom Beracko....I mean I say jeo double U grinding his teeth one day with a frosted nose...see you.

That's the difference - when we were part of the scene - pot was not a monetary issue..it was not sold for great profits - it was passed about and the cost was minimal - soon as greed and comercialization entered.. the spirit died - and the potency increased to increase profits...

I think you are on something or on to something....because you are right....whatever happened to sharing and Zig Zag papers? Nickel and dime bags were for the high rollers. Now they want to fill a goddamn van.

See...I told you so.

Love the commerical out a decade ago - mum yells down the stairs to the reckroom - the teenagers are smoking pot...she asks them --- "what are you boys doing down there?" - they answer "Nothing" - then they jump forward by 20 years and she yells down to her middle age kids --- they answer the same - "nothing" it was cute - and if you need to be alone to smoke dope -- take a walk in the country and talk to God...they always talk about how natural the "herb" is - yet few are close to nature.

What about people who grow it for their own use? And what about people who make their own wine?

I don't much care about either group. Just don't smoke or drink when you're working or driving.

I don't much care about either group. Just don't smoke or drink when you're working or driving.

No problem, you just keep Harper the hell away from the Charter and threatening to turn the country into a gulag and everyone should be able to get along just fine.

Any guesses?

Edmond Brown, according to an October 28, 1981 article in the Globe and Mail, was President of the Toronto chapter of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML). The quote comes from a 1978 case in which Mr. Brown, a criminal lawyer, challenged the constitutionality of Canada's laws prohibiting marijuana possession. Mr. Brown is the father of Barrie Conservative MP Patrick Brown.

The elder Mr. Brown also defended Terry Parker against charges of marijuana possession in the early 1980's. Mr Parker would later become the first Canadian granted a medical exemption to possess marijuana. In the last federal election, Mr. Parker was the Marijuana Party candidate in the riding of Parkdale-High Park.

No problem, you just keep Harper the hell away from the Charter and threatening to turn the country into a gulag and everyone should be able to get along just fine.

Yeah, if we don't let people smoke pot at a fish concert this will be just like the USSR under STALIN. Anyone remember when all those kids in High School that were caught with bongs were put in cattle cars and sent up to Baffin Island. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn knows nothing compared to your daily pot smoker who has to live in fear at all times.

I'm for legalization yet even I think the people that are the most outspoken about it are morons.

Whats the difference betweenganja and alcohol?
Alcohol is linked to aggression, domestic violence, traffic collisions, severe health problems and dependency. Pot is linked to free-love, lethargy, falling asleep, getting the munchies and is cleaner than cigarettes when impurities are filtered through a water pipe.

The weed industry has changed a lot in a generation.

The best weed and hash used to come here from exotic locations like Thailand, Colombia, Pakistan etc, smuggled quite often by small to mid size entrepreneurs at considerable risk to their freedom.

Very, very litlle of that now, the risky routes are now used only by small volume high profit products like cocaine and heroin.

They have been replaced by very high quality, fairly low cost and easily available hydronic weed. The quality and potency is unprecedented, there is no reason, no money and high risk in importing top qulaity stuff from elsewhere.

At first, local entrepreneurs set up their grow ops and produced a few pounds a few times per year and sold it to friends.

Enter organized crime, mainly gangs like the Hells Angels who dominate the business today. They promised fixed, excellent returns, cash on the barrelhead - in return for exclusivity. Ypur crop goes to them and only to them, which also reduces much of the marketing hassle and risk for producers. They provided seeds and in some cases financing for the equipment required.

People who did not wish to play - and why wouldn't they play?- found that somebody had dropped a dime on them to the police, who remain far behind reality in this business to this day.

The weed industry has changed a lot in a generation.

The best weed and hash used to come here from exotic locations like Thailand, Colombia, Pakistan etc, smuggled quite often by small to mid size entrepreneurs at considerable risk to their freedom.

Very, very litlle of that now, the risky routes are now used only by small volume high profit products like cocaine and heroin.

They have been replaced by very high quality, fairly low cost and easily available hydronic weed. The quality and potency is unprecedented, there is no reason, no money and high risk in importing top qulaity stuff from elsewhere.

At first, local entrepreneurs set up their grow ops and produced a few pounds a few times per year and sold it to friends.

Enter organized crime, mainly gangs like the Hells Angels who dominate the business today. They promised fixed, excellent returns, cash on the barrelhead - in return for exclusivity. Ypur crop goes to them and only to them, which also reduces much of the marketing hassle and risk for producers. They provided seeds and in some cases financing for the equipment required.

People who did not wish to play - and why wouldn't they play?- found that somebody had dropped a dime on them to the police, who remain far behind reality in this business to this day.

I take exception that modern pot is of a higher quality - more intense and more toxic perhaps but not of good natural quailty as say the exotic old imports that were produced by poor people who viewed it as a spiritual and social exericise - to produce these products...in other words they were grown in good faith and the plants chemical composition was different..it was a kind plant _ Now with the cloneing and hybreeding we have toxic product because it is grown in the spirit of greed...and anything that is created by greedy people can do no good for people. The stuff is poisonous...It use to be that you would have to take at least 5 or 6 draws on the exotic hashish..it tasted sweet and smelled holy like church incence --- now if you take even one small drag on greed dope - you are out of it --- and the kids smoke huge joints of this crap - to the point of being psycotic.

Ask an acedemic who is expert in Cannabis Sativa...he will tell you that todays dope is not even Cannabis.

IT is totally another breed of plant - so when they say they want to legalize Marjuana - there is no pot aroung do legalize - this is another kid of dope - and the legislators that think it's the same stuff that they smoked in university are fools...This is like calling herione pot and saying lets legalize all opiates. The stuff is not pot.

Do you think Satan is involved too?

The potency of weed is in proprtion to the amount of THC.

Crap weed is low in it, strong stuff is high in it.

Ypou can attach any kind of romance you want to the good old days, but the weed grown today in a grow op in Lumby is much stronger than some draft dodgers in the 70s growing some ragweed in the Slocan valley.

But the biggest change is in the people involved in the distribution business, they are much more dangerous and much better organized now.

The following is a direct quote (the bold is mine) from the first reading of Bill C-26. Is Argus the only other person here who has actually read it?

(B) if the subject-matter of the offence is cannabis (marihuana), is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 14 years, and to a minimum punishment of

(i) imprisonment for a term of six months if the number of plants produced is less than 201 and the production is for the purpose of trafficking,

(ii) imprisonment for a term of nine months if the number of plants produced is less than 201, the production is for the purpose of trafficking and any of the factors listed in subsection (3) apply,

(iii) imprisonment for a term of one year if the number of plants produced is more than 200 and less than 501,

(iv) imprisonment for a term of 18 months if the number of plants produced is more than 200 and less than 501 and any of the factors listed in subsection (3) apply,

(v) imprisonment for a term of two years if the number of plants produced is more than 500, and

(vi) imprisonment for a term of three years if the number of plants produced is more than 500 and any of the factors listed in subsection (3) apply

(3) The following factors must be taken into account in applying paragraphs (2)(a) to (B):

(a) the person used real property that belongs to a third party in committing the offence;

(B) the production constituted a potential security, health or safety hazard to persons under the age of 18 years who were in the location where the offence was committed or in the immediate area;

© the production constituted a potential public safety hazard in a residential area; or

(d) the person set or placed a trap, device or other thing that is likely to cause death or bodily harm to another person in the location where the offence was committed or in the immediate area, or permitted such a trap, device or other thing to remain or be placed in that location or area.