My Signature

The last refuge of the hateful. The same people who would trample without hesitation on other peoples' rights whine about being persecuted whenever anyone dares to tell them what they think.

And don't serve me the "what about human rights tribunals" thing. No opinion should be banned unless it advocates murder.

CANADIEN, I'm quoting your post but am not directing this at you sir.

Why are we talking about Nazi's and equating that group with the struggle for gay rights? WTF guys. Hold on, hear me out.

Now everyone knows that I don't approve of the gay lifestyle. It's not for me, so I don't participate within it but that's not to say I want these people to not have the same rights as straights, quite the opposite in fact. There's no reason why gays shouldn't enjoy the same benefits as the rest of us.

Saying that Canadian society will be ruled by gays is ridiculous and absurd. I however draw the line at any new law that prohibits any free speech. I think people should be free to say anything they wish about any subject, even if it hurts someones feelings. Without free speech society can never be truly free. Can it?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last refuge of the hateful. The same people who would trample without hesitation on other peoples' rights whine about being persecuted whenever anyone dares to tell them what they think.

It's not a right to be gay: it's a lifestyle choice that is self-destructive and destructive to society. Alcoholics have human rights, but not the right to be alcoholics and endanger the lives of others.

It's not a right to be gay:

Actually it is a right, granted under section 15 of the charter of rights and freedoms.

wiki

Gay rights.

it's a lifestyle choice that is self-destructive and destructive to society

And while your opinion may be shared by most of us here on the board , it is just that an opinion.

Alcoholics have human rights, but not the right to be alcoholics and endanger the lives of others.

Same for the Alcoholics , we have no laws preventing anyone from being one, it may be socially unacceptable but not again'st the law...there are laws preventing them from drinking in public places, or driving, etc....but hey if you want to drink yourself inot bliss every night in your own home it is legal in Canada....

• Forum Admin
I feel that the content of my signature is a legitimate expression of personal opinion and that the attempt to force me to remove or alter parts of it are a violation of my right to free speech and personal expression.

The rules and guidelines are pretty clear:

MEMBER SIGNATURE

Please keep your signature under six lines – the shorter the better. Long complicated signatures do nothing but distract other posters and eat up bandwidth. The content of a signature must be respectful.

Comparing the "Gay Rights Movement" to the "Nazi Movement" (even indirectly) isn't respectful, therefor we expect you to edit your signature to comply with the rules you agreed to when you signed up to participate in these forums.

The rules and guidelines are pretty clear:

Comparing the "Gay Rights Movement" to the "Nazi Movement" (even indirectly) isn't respectful, therefor we expect you to edit your signature to comply with the rules you agreed to when you signed up to participate in these forums.

Honestly, though, I find much about the gay lifestyle to be offensive, and I have every right to express that opinion, just as someone has the right to argue that the Nazi movement was offensive. Even though, relatively speaking, some would make the argument that Nazism had its good point--the Nazis did, after all, pull Germany out of the Depression and raised the living standards considerably of some 60 MILLION + people. The fact that I'm being coerced into changing my signature under the pretext of being "respectful" is simply an "indirect" way of controlling my opinions.

Funnily enough last night when I was watching a doc on the Vietnam war and they showed clips of anti-war demonstrations, what did I see? Placards with swastikas accusing "the establishment" of being Nazis and fascists! Interesting how this kind of stuff is tolerated in some respects, not in others.

• Forum Admin
I have every right to express that opinion, just as someone has the right to argue that the Nazi movement was offensive.

I don't disagree with you - however, in the case of a forum signature, there isn't sufficient room to provide context to that particular statement.

You're free to start a forum thread to discuss whatever opinion you might have, but we ask that forum members refrain from stating opinions in their signatures that can - without sufficient context - be considered disrespectful.

No, I'm asking YOU what YOU think the problem is with the CONTENT of my signature...

No idea , apart from the fact someone thinks it is using up bandwidth or is not tasteful. I dont see too much of a problem w your sig, other than it seems misleading, but my opinion counts about as much as the next posters.

It's not a right to be gay: it's a lifestyle choice that is self-destructive and destructive to society. Alcoholics have human rights, but not the right to be alcoholics and endanger the lives of others.

In addition to section 15 of the Charter, that prohibits discrimination, there is no law in Canada that prohibits sex between consenting adults of the same gender. Nor there should be any, since this is not any business of the Government.

Edited by CANADIEN

In addition to section 15 of the Charter, that prohibits discrimination, there is no law in Canada that prohibits sex between consenting adults of the same gender. Nor there should be any, since this is not any business of the Government.

Yeah, well, the Nazi regime was democratically elected and their treatment of Jews and the prosecution of the war was all perfectly legal, so...

Yeah, well, the Nazi regime was democratically elected and their treatment of Jews and the prosecution of the war was all perfectly legal, so...

Actually, the Nazi Party never won a democratic election, but that's besides the point.

So now, the right for gays to be treated as equal citizens without discrimination is the equivalent of the MURDER of 6 million Jews and a barbaric war of agression? To call your statement a piece of c*ap is an insult to c*ap.

Actually, the Nazi Party never won a democratic election, but that's besides the point.

So now, the right for gays to be treated as equal citizens without discrimination is the equivalent of the MURDER of 6 million Jews and a barbaric war of agression? To call your statement a piece of c*ap is an insult to c*ap.

Of coarse they did, in 1933. After that he banned the other parties.

The 9th German Reichstag election of the Weimar Republic was held on March 5, 1933, shortly after the Reichstag building had burned, and was the last election to be held in Germany before World War II. Because of the success of the Nazi Party and its ally in the poll, its leader and Chancellor of Germany, Adolf Hitler, was able to pass the Enabling Act, which effectively gave him the power of a dictator.
SOurce

No, what I'm saying is that the ideologically-based "gay rights movement" is similar to the Nazi movement (ie. not the Regime). We don't know what the gay rights movement will inflict once they gain power.

Also, you need to remember that the Nazi regime in many respects for most Germans would not have come across as evil and sinister because it was adept at masking through propaganda what it was doing behind the scenes. For the average German daily life would have been not much different, relatively speaking, than it is for you. Do you notice when somebody disapears from the street and in ensnared in the gay lifestyle? Nope. Do you notice when somebody goes missing from your community when the die of HIV/AIDs? Nope. Or when the are abused by a sexual predator and then commit suicide? Nope.

We don't know what the gay rights movement will inflict once they gain power.

Sure we do. Although I am not privy to any party called the Gay Party.

But once they have it..........we will all have to shave , twice a day (only the men tho). We will have to upgrade to better clothes , and manicures (hey wait I already..never mind) all around. 6 pack abs will be de rigeur, kisses on the cheeks for everyone, more eyeliner than we wear normally, and everyone gets a brand new pair of assless chaps. Tighten up those buns men !

Cool will be outlawed, 'fahbulous' will be law. Hummers will be banned, but only the 4 wheeled variety.

Do you notice when somebody disapears from the street and in ensnared in the gay lifestyle? Nope. Do you notice when somebody goes missing from your community when the die of HIV/AIDs? Nope. Or when the are abused by a sexual predator and then commit suicide? Nope.

Wow, thats F'd up.

We don't know what the gay rights movement will inflict once they gain power.

Margarita Wednesdays?

--------------------------

Hey barkeep! Who's leg do I have to hump to get a dry martini around here?

---Brian the Dog: Family Guy

Count me in! I'm all for a Gay Canada if there are fruity drinks with umbrellas involved!

Easy for you....a pair of grebs and a lumberjack shirt and you're the epitomy of haut couture....for someone like guyser....Fendi suits, yorkville gyms and hair salons don't come cheap

No, what I'm saying is that the ideologically-based "gay rights movement" is similar to the Nazi movement (ie. not the Regime). We don't know what the gay rights movement will inflict once they gain power.

Also, you need to remember that the Nazi regime in many respects for most Germans would not have come across as evil and sinister because it was adept at masking through propaganda what it was doing behind the scenes. For the average German daily life would have been not much different, relatively speaking, than it is for you. Do you notice when somebody disapears from the street and in ensnared in the gay lifestyle? Nope. Do you notice when somebody goes missing from your community when the die of HIV/AIDs? Nope. Or when the are abused by a sexual predator and then commit suicide? Nope.

You make me sick. ignored.

Let me check here. Opposition leaders forced into exile, emergency decree suspending civil liberties, party thugs "monitoring" the vote, oppostion candidates intimated or assualted. That was indeed a very democratic election.

So what about the elections in 1932? Moreover, if you've ever watched an all-candidates debate in which there is a candidate from the Christian Heritage Party, that candidate is subjected to, well, the same kind of hysterics that you and other pro-gay forum members like to unleash.