Canadian Forces in sad shape!

wulf42

a. Strike 1 their own population would suffer from radiation poisoning/deaths, then there was this little thing called the a bomb not being invented yet

b. Strike 2 Germany was attacking North Americans, hear of the U-boat attacks of WW1? Hear of the Lusitania? Newfoundland was still a british colony at the time and Canada had obligations to the British Empire.

c. Strike 3 Insane people should never be allowed to rule, militaries serve that purpose

Your out

Anyone can get elected, therefore anyone can rule. Insane or not. If they can get the votes they can be leader. We still have Jack Layton. He must be insane he wants to bankrupt the country and he still garners many votes.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White doors:

Good book, i got another for you, a buddy just sent me, It's about 2 RCR tour out of Gagetown NB....

Called Kanadar tour" the turning piont in Canada's Afgan mission" written by Lee Winsor,David Charters,Brent Wilson....

Cool, I'll pick it up. Hopefully it picks up where this one leaves off, when the PPCLI rotate out in Aug/Sep 2006.

I know that the RCR replaces them.

Thanks AG

You RCR or PPCLI?

Godspeed <--- Capital G please and thank you. If you're going to use that word please do so with respect. I would always capitalize the name of your deity, Che Chavez.

You think I am left wing? You are so uneducated about the world, you think you are right wing and you aren't. You are a racist, secular version of Kengs. I am more 'right wing' than you are in my political views.

But it doesn't really matter I guess, you just want to label someone who you don't like.

Reminds me of KKK tactics.

Edited by White Doors

You think I am left wing? You are so uneducated about the world, you think you are right wing and you aren't. You are a racist, secular version of Kengs. I am more 'right wing' than you are in my political views.

But it doesn't really matter I guess, you just want to label someone who you don't like.

Reminds me of KKK tactics.

It was a joke, I know you're not left wing, I thought you would've gotten the joke, I guess not. I am as far to the right as one cane go without being labeled a racist.

It was a joke, I know you're not left wing, I thought you would've gotten the joke, I guess not. I am as far to the right as one cane go without being labeled a racist.

You are a union leader genius.

While you are looking up 'pluralistic' check out 'union' and 'right wing' too.

Edited by White Doors

As much as we kick ourselves, we do have the 15th largest military budget on earth.

Completely irrelevent as a measure of military might or any kind of commitment by the government.

You could probably outfit and support a full company of infantry in most countries on the pay and benefits we give to a single private. I think a Russian Lieutenant used to get somewhere in the neighborhood of $30 a month in salary, for example. As for the Chinese - or Pakistanis, pttth, don't even go there.

We can field three poorly-equipped, understrength regiments. That's not very freaking impressive by any measure.

Cool, I'll pick it up. Hopefully it picks up where this one leaves off, when the PPCLI rotate out in Aug/Sep 2006.

I know that the RCR replaces them.

We started to rotate in around jul, ( adv party) took over from the PPCLI in mid Aug....had a few weeks to adjust, and things went to hell, and OP mudusa was on it was our welcome to Afgan party....

Completely irrelevent as a measure of military might or any kind of commitment by the government.

Maybe so, but its not completely irrelevant when it comes to budgeting. This country has many priorities. As a result of this we can't always have everything we want. We spend a great deal of money as it is, and I doubt we have any more to spend (I know we don't). This is especially true given the deep tax cuts the conservatives are carrying out.

Edited by Smallc

Maybe so, but its not completely irrelevant when it comes to budgeting. This country has many priorities. As a result of this we can't always have everything we want. We spend a great deal of money as it is, and I doubt we have any more to spend (I know we don't). This is especially true given the deep tax cuts the conservatives are carrying out.

National Defence is one of the few CORE responsibilities of the federal government.

It's not a question of money, it's a question of priority.

National Defence is one of the few CORE responsibilities of the federal government.

It's not a question of money, it's a question of priority.

Yes it is, and we spend a great deal of money on it (though I wish we could spend more, especially on the navy, because navies are just cool..I can't wait till they get their new ships), but what are we willing to give up to have a stronger military (and I'm not asking what you would give up or what I would give up, I'm referring to the entire country)?

Edited by Smallc

It is a core responability just as Health Care is with a budget of 171.9 bil or 10.7 % of the GDP of which over 48.1 Bil dollars a year are spent on Hospitals alone.....DND has what almost a 19 bil dollar budget , kind of makes you think the rest of our tax dollars are being spent.

health care

Edited by Army Guy

I'm willing to give up that extra 4.5 billion in transfers we make to Quebec each year. I'll gladly redirect that to the military.

It is a core responability just as Health Care is with a budget of 171.9 bil or 10.7 % of the GDP of which over 48.1 Bil dollars a year are spent on Hospitals alone.....DND has what almost a 19 bil dollar budget , kind of makes you think the rest of our tax dollars are being spent.

health care

There are many programs that we don't think of when we think about the government. Those programs all have to be paid for within the framework. We may not always agree with the priorities, but enough people do agree with them that they become priorities.

OH don't get me wrong i'am a big fan of health care, although i was shock at the amounts being pumped into it....and the current status of our health care....DND has approx 80 to 85 of all the governmental infra structure, and it does not spend that much ,as say 48.1 bil spent on O&M for hospitals....

A Canadian doctor once said to me that we have a "modified private public health care system". Private interests drive up the cost. When I spent a month couch serfing - and ended up with my former wife and her drug addicted friend - in the "projects" or HELL as I percieved it..There were hundreds of useless people firmly addicted to synthetic opiates...all paid for by the tax payer - BUT the profits from this drug dealing did not return to mainstream society - but bypassed the tax payer and ended up in the hands of the men that own big pharma...a real clever money laundering scheme if you ask me.