Next President: Barack Obama

Bush is extremely unpopular, and his policies have nearly ruined America's standing in the international community. McCain tried to distance himself from Bush, but to no avail--in the end, a Republican is a Republican, and enough people were tired of the Republicans to vote for change.

Oh sure....that would explain all those terrorist attacks before 2001.

Actually, there's substntiated evidence to indicate that there was tampering in both the 2000 and 2004 elections. If my facts are bogeymen to you, you need help.

But you have presented no facts at all....just the usual drivel.

Thirteen. And don't forget the 25 years or so that he was in politics before that. I think he was about 27 years old when he started to learn English, and despite that and some facial paralysis, he was and still is without doubt far more articulate than George W. Bush.

You mean like this?

A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bush is extremely unpopular, and his policies have nearly ruined America's standing in the international community. McCain tried to distance himself from Bush, but to no avail--in the end, a Republican is a Republican, and enough people were tired of the Republicans to vote for change.

Actually, there's substntiated evidence to indicate that there was tampering in both the 2000 and 2004 elections. If my facts are bogeymen to you, you need help.

Thirteen. And don't forget the 25 years or so that he was in politics before that. I think he was about 27 years old when he started to learn English, and despite that and some facial paralysis, he was and still is without doubt far more articulate than George W. Bush.

Okay. I know in a day of victory for a leftwinger some wild statements are in order and to be expected, but you embarrassed yourself with the whopper about Chretien knowing english. Yeesh. :lol:

Oh sure....that would explain all those terrorist attacks before 2001.

But you have presented no facts at all....just the usual drivel.

You mean like this?

A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven.

Yes, and more people understand that than the classic

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."

or

"fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

Both from EFL speakers.

Don't know if it's funny, embarrassing or disturbing that some people still think GWBush was a great President.

Just wait two years the dems will be dumped in that election.

Interestingly, McCain was a victim of his own success.

He championed the surge...

...which was very successful...

...which led to largely peace in Iraq, and who want's to fill the news headlines with "peace"?...

...which erased it from the news...

...which made his security platform less relevant....

...which forced him to talk about non-strength issues (economy)...

...which led to loss.

Interesting, my theory for McCain's loss is a little shorter than that.

.... Palin.

Obviously it's never one single issue... but there's always the nail on the coffin. For McCain, it was Palin.

No it was the economy, his polling numbers dropped at the begining of the economic crisis. Palin brought the base together had it not been for her it would have been an huge blow out not 3 to 4% of the popular vote that it was.

No it was the economy, his polling numbers dropped at the begining of the economic crisis. Palin brought the base together had it not been for her it would have been an huge blow out not 3 to 4% of the popular vote that it was.

Correct......McCain's spoken misstep ["The fundamentals of our economy are strong."] doomed what slim chance the Palin uptick provided his campaign. Economic conditions became the burden he had largely avoided from support for the invasion of Iraq, which only polled at 10% with voters as a primary concern.

Longer term, the GOP was geared up to battle a known enemy...Hillary Clinton...but she was the first casualty from Obamamania.

Just wait two years the dems will be dumped in that election.

By the Republican party that turns more to the right and evangelical?

That is what some were debating today as shown on some of the news channels.

Edited by jdobbin

By the Republican party that turns more to the right and evangelical?

That is what some were debating today as shown on some of the news channels.

without the glow of Democratic candidate, and a bush in the whitehouse people will stat to pay attention to what is going on in the congress and they won't like what they see. The dems will be punished look at the congress approval ratings now, it won't change. In 2010 they will loose their majority, history tells the story.

without the glow of Democratic candidate, and a bush in the whitehouse people will stat to pay attention to what is going on in the congress and they won't like what they see. The dems will be punished look at the congress approval ratings now, it won't change. In 2010 they will loose their majority, history tells the story.

I know you are hoping for Republican victory but it is a lot of brave talk right now. When Hoover was defeated, it was 20 years of Democrat rule.

I know you are thinking Palin is going to walk in to the Whitehouse in four years and that Congress will return to Republicans in two but at the moment, it is difficult to see people accepting a return to the policies of the past.

I know you are hoping for Republican victory but it is a lot of brave talk right now. When Hoover was defeated, it was 20 years of Democrat rule.

I know you are thinking Palin is going to walk in to the Whitehouse in four years and that Congress will return to Republicans in two but at the moment, it is difficult to see people accepting a return to the policies of the past.

No I don't think Palin will walk into the Whitehouse, it might be 8 years, it might only be 4 but it won't be Palin. Congress will return to the Gop in two years it will be a slight majority. They have two years to rebuild and find the core of the party again.

No I don't think Palin will walk into the Whitehouse, it might be 8 years, it might only be 4 but it won't be Palin. Congress will return to the Gop in two years it will be a slight majority. They have two years to rebuild and find the core of the party again.

Not to metion 2 years of a real peice of work House speaker that will tick many many Americans off. Heck california was only 4-5% difference between the two candidates. This was an election that should send a message to the far left liberals/progressives of America, becareful tow the line and don't get carried a way, we are giving your candiate a try don't blow it.

Side note it was also a message to the GOP get back to your fundimentals and rebulid.

Now everyone can go back to the ghetto and stop blaming the "rich white oil man" for their pathetic plight.
The best favor Barack Obama could do, even if he's a failed President, is tell the truth to the African-American community. The time has come now, if it hasn't a long time ago, for the blacks and whites to stop treating each other as if there's any difference at all.

The blacks have shown that "Yes We Can" by electing one of their own to the highest and most powerful office in the world. Surely, this shows that Mr. Obama, and for that matter any black, can and indeed must be evaluated on their merits.

The President-Elect must repeatedly use his bully pulpit to deliver the following messages:

1. Yes You Can;
  2. You must stay in school and earn degree;
  3. You must seek and retain gainful employment;
  4. You must create an environmnent in the home of quiet study and reverance for family life;
  5. You must ensure that large numbers of your teens do not get pregnant;
  6. You must ensure that when you have children you take responsibility for them;
  7. You must remind them that if any of them can become President, any can succeed;
  8. You, most of all, must remind all people that the United States is the only country in the world capable of electing a visible minority as its President

Barack Obama, yes you can!!!

"I'd rather lose an election than lose my bearings" - Charles Krauthammer

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=YWRiZ...WQyODU3NDA4NGY=

I loved this quote out of the artical you listed

"Today’s economic crisis, like every other in our history, will in time pass. But the barbarians will still be at the gates. Whom do you want on the parapet? I’m for the guy who can tell the lion from the lamb."

Hey dude, we're talking about the NEW president. The one elected yesterday. Not four years ago.

Are you so infected with Bush Derangement Syndrome that your stock answer for anything is:

"So What? Look at BUSH!!!"

Nice argument. :lol:

Great response. Bush was, in fact, a rather good President. We'll learn that in years to come.

I loved this quote out of the artical you listed

"Today’s economic crisis, like every other in our history, will in time pass. But the barbarians will still be at the gates. Whom do you want on the parapet? I’m for the guy who can tell the lion from the lamb."

And to his point, we simply did not know who Obama was....or what he will do in such a crisis. Will he get Jimmy Carter disease, or exercise the duties of his office without regard to public opinion or political advantage?

I for one will rest easier when Obama says..."Yes We Can.....bomb your ass." :lol:

And to his point, we simply did not know who Obama was....or what he will do in such a crisis. Will he get Jimmy Carter disease, or exercise the duties of his office without regard to public opinion or political advantage?

I for one will rest easier when Obama says..."Yes We Can.....bomb your ass." :lol:

One thing is for sure, there is absolutely NO indication that he will be worse than GW Bush--that is certainly an impossibility...

When a powerful country has so many enemies, it is practically inevitable that there will be more military conflict. Unfortunately some types of bullies do not respond to diplomacy and give no other option. But knowing it inevitably means suffering for ordinary people caught in the middle, its hardly something to laugh about.

One thing is for sure, there is absolutely NO indication that he will be worse than GW Bush--that is certainly an impossibility...

Sure it's a possibility....Obama has already telegraphed the mistakes he expects to make, acknowledging that which George Bush learned over an 8 year term. We didn't give Jimmy Carter a second chance to make more "mistakes".

When a powerful country has so many enemies, it is practically inevitable that there will be more military conflict. Unfortunately some types of bullies do not respond to diplomacy and give no other option. But knowing it inevitably means suffering for ordinary people caught in the middle, its hardly something to laugh about.

Cry me a river.....even as your own non-superpower nation without many enemies pounds the crap out of other "ordinary" people. Some of you guys really crack me up with your "peacekilling" cognitive dissonance. Those "ordinary" people are just as dead whether you are laughing or crying.

Only in your mind, history will show GW Bush was a great President, this reminds me of what types like you said about Reagan, and history has vindcated him. There is so much hate and jealously that comes from you.