Next President: Barack Obama

(The GOP) have two years to rebuild and find the core of the party again.

Except the core of the party never went anywhere. If anything, thier insistence on catering to their traditional core in the face of shifting demographics is the problem As long as the Republicans insist on catering primarily to the religious right, they'll have a hard time getting their mojo back.

Only in your mind, history will show GW Bush was a great President, this reminds me of what types like you said about Reagan, and history has vindicated him. There is so much hate and jealously that comes from you.

The only people who think Reagan was vindicated by history today are the same people who thought he was a living god when he was in the White House.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except the core of the party never went anywhere. If anything, thier insistence on catering to their traditional core in the face of shifting demographics is the problem As long as the Republicans insist on catering primarily to the religious right, they'll have a hard time getting their mojo back.

The only people who think Reagan was vindicated by history today are the same people who thought he was a living god when he was in the White House.

Seems to me that there is a lot of love for regan now. The core of the part has not been vocal and it isn't the social concervatives that you think it is. It is the fiscal conservatives. People in the US are center-center right. The Gop has lost its true conservative value that elected so many good presidents, they will be back and it will only take 2 years.

Cry me a river.....even as your own non-superpower nation without many enemies pounds the crap out of other "ordinary" people. Some of you guys really crack me up with your "peacekilling" cognitive dissonance. Those "ordinary" people are just as dead whether you are laughing or crying.

Didn't say Canada was different, did I.

I'm not crying... but I'm not the one who's laughing either.

Seems to me that there is a lot of love for regan now.

From who? Conservatives, that's who. Nobody has changed their mind s on the Gipper.

The core of the part has not been vocal and it isn't the social concervatives that you think it is. It is the fiscal conservatives. People in the US are center-center right. The Gop has lost its true conservative value that elected so many good presidents, they will be back and it will only take 2 years.

You're not contradicting me on this. The socons are the core of the party and the leadership's policy of appeasement towards that faction has alienated the fiscal hawks and many centrist voters. The GOP needs to break their dependence on the extreme right to have a shot at winning back the hearts and minds of the people who once looked to them (for some unknown reason) for fiscal strength.

From who? Conservatives, that's who. Nobody has changed their mind s on the Gipper.

You're not contradicting me on this. The socons are the core of the party and the leadership's policy of appeasement towards that faction has alienated the fiscal hawks and many centrist voters. The GOP needs to break their dependence on the extreme right to have a shot at winning back the hearts and minds of the people who once looked to them (for some unknown reason) for fiscal strength.

I think they have looked to them because of Democrats like Barney Frank.

Cry me a river.....even as your own non-superpower nation without many enemies pounds the crap out of other "ordinary" people. Some of you guys really crack me up with your "peacekilling" cognitive dissonance. Those "ordinary" people are just as dead whether you are laughing or crying.

Oh good more nonsense from someone who's got nothing better to do than attempt to satisfy their superiority complex.

They should focus on non-so-con supporters like me. I am a Democrat and at the rate they're going will never switch parties.

...and much healthier than your inferiority complex. Where's your Obama, 'Bro?

How fitting that you even think your delusions are superior to other types of delusions.

There's no reason to think I've got an inferiority complex but keep on swinging. 1 day you'll get a hit.

This may surprise you but just because the USA elected Obama that doesn't mean the rest of the world now needs to go out and find "their own Obama". His election was historic for the USA and for that reason Americans should be proud. But he's not a messiah and his politics wouldn't necessarily appeal in other countries to the same degree as they apparently appealed in the USA.

How fitting that you even think your delusions are superior to other types of delusions.

There's no reason to think I've got an inferiority complex but keep on swinging. 1 day you'll get a hit.

This may surprise you but just because the USA elected Obama that doesn't mean the rest of the world now needs to go out and find "their own Obama". His election was historic for the USA and for that reason Americans should be proud. But he's not a messiah and his politics wouldn't necessarily appeal in other countries to the same degree as they apparently appealed in the USA.

I can think whatever I wish, particulary when there is ample evidence of Canuck orgasms from Obama stimulation after Canada renewed a government of Harper "Neocon" rule. Ditto other nations who live and die by the latest American obsession. Kenya declared a national holiday.

Darth Vader: "Barack....I am your father".

Edited by bush_cheney2004

I can think whatever I wish, particulary when there is ample evidence of Canuck orgasms from Obama stimulation after Canada renewed a government of Harper "Neocon" rule. Ditto other nations who live and die by the latest American obsession. Kenya declared a national holiday.

Saw a photo of a delluded liberal leftist female looking at the TV screen as Obama claimed victory - she looked like Joan of Arch stupified and in an orgasmic thrawlation...quite pitiful - emotion clouds the mind...hate to sound cruel - but the sheep seem to love their sheppard - Makes me think of Jesus - with his flock - but in the end the sheppard eats the sheep - always.

You: "Nobody's changed their minds on the gipper"

So in your words, everybody loves him.

:lol:

Barack only got 52% of the vote. McCain ran a shitty campaign and was the victim of Bush's miserable approval ratings and still got 48%.

I'd think twice before tossing the whole party on the ash heap of history.

I'd say the GOP is a couple of Obama tax increases, one major international military incident and Schwartznegger-esque type speechmaker away from another 8 years beginning in 2012.

The American people truly want a servant leader - not a saviour. A small government man with the basic ideals of individualism, liberty, military toughness and opportunity.

This is what Americans want to vote for. McCain didn't give it to them, and plus times are tough so once in awhile they'll throw the Dems a bone every 12 or so years. It's the opposite of what happens in Canada, really.

Carter round two will have it's day, Iran will have it's nuke and the Republicans will be back.

Edited by JerrySeinfeld

That's not all he does to his sheep. :lol:

Ok - now you are a bit much - seeing you reminded me - I will now get in bed with my X - wife....Glad you are enjoying your self - so will your next tag be Obama-Biden? May as well switch horses and stay in the middle of the centralist stream where it is safe....thanks bud - you cheered me up - hate to have friends so stop it... :lol: Over and out - and carry on...smart one. :rolleyes:

Ok - now you are a bit much - seeing you reminded me - I will now get in bed with my X - wife....Glad you are enjoying your self - so will your next tag be Obama-Biden? May as well switch horses and stay in the middle of the centralist stream where it is safe....

Nah....safe is boring. I like your analogy to Jesus, who was as arrogant a prick as anybody else. I will always cast my lot with power...even if it kills me.

Nah....safe is boring. I like your analogy to Jesus, who was as arrogant a prick as anybody else. I will always cast my lot with power...even if it kills me.

Apparently Jesus did the same thing. He could have cut a deal with Pontius Pilate and asked for a kick back in return for keeping his mouth shut. But NOOO - He wanted total power..and he got it...much like buried with his ass in the air guy.Power is having no power - Imagine God being so powerful he could render himself powerless - now that is quite the feat..try it - you man like being last in line and powerless like me - but as they say the those who wanna be first end up last and the last are first - depends on which way the line is traveling - sinisterism or to the right....I always go right - to the power. :lol:

Has he managed to produce proof of citizenship yet ?

The establishment in Canada hate the Charter of Rights and our constitution - America is the same - leftist dispise rule of law - it cramps their style - Proof of Barry's (Barack) citizenship will never be seen...it's over - This is not some conspiracy thing - a recognized law maker is seeking legal recourse in these regards - and he has been stifled...I would assume that was born in Kenya...a decendant of black slave traders not slave liberators...ironic- But does it matter if the American constitution is trampled on? Probably not...no more than the Canadian Charter...is used as toilet paper.

Were you that kid in class that thought because the pretty girl/boy smiled at you they were in love with you?

Many in Canada are happy that Obama was elected. And some might wish we had someone with his oratory skills here. But that's no different than the Americans who claimed to want to move to Canada after 2000 and 2004.

Were you that kid in class that thought because the pretty girl/boy smiled at you they were in love with you?

No..they just wanted the best sex of their life. :lol:

Many in Canada are happy that Obama was elected. And some might wish we had someone with his oratory skills here. But that's no different than the Americans who claimed to want to move to Canada after 2000 and 2004.

It really has absolutely nothing to do with Canada, yet Canadians persist with peaked interest...like this from CTV:

And Obama looked onto the land and saw it was not right. So he sayeth "Let there be jobs" and behold...

Only in your mind, history will show GW Bush was a great President, this reminds me of what types like you said about Reagan, and history has vindcated him. There is so much hate and jealously that comes from you.

You're bonkers if you think that GWB is a "great President". The further we move along, the more abstract and theoretical the debate comes over his presidency--just like that of presidents from generations that have now passed. Nothing short of revisionist history will change the fact GWB is extremely unpopular and is held in probably the lowest esteem by the international community than any other US president.

Only in your mind, history will show GW Bush was a great President, this reminds me of what types like you said about Reagan, and history has vindcated him. There is so much hate and jealously that comes from you.

History will probably show that Jean Chretien was a great Prime Minister (in many ways, it already has), but I'm sure that you will never admit that.

You're bonkers if you think that GWB is a "great President". The further we move along, the more abstract and theoretical the debate comes over his presidency--just like that of presidents from generations that have now passed. Nothing short of revisionist history will change the fact GWB is extremely unpopular and is held in probably the lowest esteem by the international community than any other US president.

What you are speaking of is current legacy, not what could be see by Historians looking back with all the information of what was happening, say in about 50 years when classified documents are released. We have seen views changed on popular leaders as more is learned about about what the situation was, currently we are seeing this with Woodrow Wilson. What I see from people like you is blinding hate that poisons your views on what has happened and are using GWB as scape goat for problems have roots long before his administration. What we watched in the US was an 8 year tempertantrum from the American liberals. After the dems loses in both 2000 and 2004 what did we see, American liberals claiming to want to move Canada, a loss of national pride because an election didn't go their way. In 1992 did we see republicans declairing loss of pride in their country, have we seen it in 2008. NO but we have seen GWb become a convienent scape goat.

Has America changed so fundimentally now that a Democrat is on the Whitehouse? No The founding documents are the same, the ideals that the country held on Nov 3 are the same as they are now.

As for your fear of revisionists, how we perceive history is not static, it changes as new information about it is discovered. Should we not correct mistakes should we not debate it instead of swallowing it whole.